Options

Deadline Day

bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
Forum Member
Ok, so just over 24 hours till the 11pm deadline tomorrow, so thought we should have a thread to speculate/comment on the ins and outs in the January window, can we believe Kenny when he says that Liverpool will be doing no business? Which club will be brave (and rich) enough to sign Tevez? Will Harry, Arsene or Alex make any late moves? Post your predictions, thoughts and reactions here.....

Comments

• Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe after the success of the two high profile signings this time last year it has lessened any chance of any big money be squandered, I mean wasted, I mean thrown away, sorry parted with. ;):D
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,048
    Forum Member
    How will it work when there are loads of league games being played..clubs already have deals lined up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A certain Scottish Sky Sports News presenter will be getting out his new shiny suit.

Bet he can't wait.:D
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tevez and Carroll in a swap deal, you read it here first. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tevez and Carroll in a swap deal, you read it here first. ;):D

Why don't we make it more fun? Manager swap?

Dalglish and Moyes:eek:

Pulis and Wenger:D

Mancini and Fergie:eek:
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    A certain Scottish Sky Sports News presenter will be getting out his new shiny suit.

Bet he can't wait.:D

awww ..... I thought Andy Gray was coming back to our screens for a minute !!
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't we make it more fun? Manager swap?

Dalglish and Moyes:eek:

Pulis and Wenger:D

Mancini and Fergie:eek:

Kean and Redknapp :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    awww ..... I thought Andy Gray was coming back to our screens for a minute !!

Maybe they could bring him back for one night only.:D
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently, Everton have agreed a deal with Rangers for Jelavic, according to Sky Sports.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh i have SSN free for 3 months.

Can't wait to watch all these sky sports sources unfolding before my very eyes.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Tevez to Liverpool on loan.

Man Utd to bring back Paul McGrath

Man City to sign the entire Napoli team

Seal and Heidi Klum to give it another shot
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Tevez to Liverpool on loan.

Man Utd to bring back Paul McGrath

Man City to sign the entire Napoli team

Seal and Heidi Klum to give it another shot

Can i perm any three from four? :D
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the guy and his eight phones will be taking part.
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool won't be doing any business today. In fact I can see this being the dullest deadline day in a long while. I can't see any of the top 6 clubs doing any transfers now.

I hope I'm wrong because I love transfer deadline day. But after the drama of last year I'll take a quiet one this year, thanks.
  • Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Assa2 wrote: »
    Liverpool won't be doing any business today. In fact I can see this being the dullest deadline day in a long while. I can't see any of the top 6 clubs doing any transfers now.

I hope I'm wrong because I love transfer deadline day. But after the drama of last year I'll take a quiet one this year, thanks.

Tevez for Carroll ??

Imagine Tevez / Saurez / Bellamy front three !
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Tevez is so great, why do City want rid? Oh yes, it's because Tevez is like a pinless handgrenade thrown onto the pitch. Why any team would want that disaster waiting to happen I have no idea.

Tevez for Carrol is one of the most ridiculous rumours I've heard in a very long time. Why would City want Carrol apart from anything else? At a push I'd not mind if Liverpool took Tevez on loan but never is a million years should we have him on a permenant deal. Liverpool certainly can't afford his wages and I very much doubt he's even close to match fitness so it's a waste of time even thinking about a loan anyway. In any case I'd like Liverpool to give Carrol more time. He didn't have a great deal of say in his transfer to us this time last year so it's the least we can do for him.

I love how totally unproffessional football journalism has got. A rumour has been denied by both parties involved and in any case makes no sense what-so-ever but because it sounds great, everyone runs with the story anyway.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely it can't be a proper deadline day without 'Arry hanging out his car window? Maybe the judge will open up the windows in the court and let him compliment some triffic players he's never heard of before from there.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Deadline Day is all about silly rumours ("my mate's aunt's hairdresser has just seen Messi at Newcastle bus station") but the Carrol/Tevez swap one has to be the most ridiculous ever. Tevez to Liverpool I could understand (it's closer to home isn't it?!) but why on earth would Man City want that £30m waste of space?
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Leeds United rumoured to be close to signing Tottenham's Adam Smith on loan for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move.

Exciting stuff!
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    Surely it can't be a proper deadline day without 'Arry hanging out his car window? Maybe the judge will open up the windows in the court and let him compliment some triffic players he's never heard of before from there.

Don't forget he always takes of his seat belt and you spend the rest of the interview with it going beep beep beep in the background!!
  • Options
    McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping for some movement in the Afc Bournemouth camp.... come on Maxim, get them roubles out!
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coen wrote: »
    Leeds United rumoured to be close to signing Tottenham's Adam Smith on loan for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move.

Exciting stuff!

About time we got another loan in ;)
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chuffed to bits with Billy Sharp...Now for a new CB. Matt Upson has apparently turned us down so we need to get looking quick!
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayne Bridge to Sunderland apparently.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Wayne Bridge to Sunderland apparently.

Having a medical according to Sky. A loan deal.