The Legacy of Michael Jackson - What is your opinion?

BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So you do remember him as the man who broke records and barriers for other black artists and for his videos and fantastic music. An inspiration for other artists past and present and his very charitable nature. Plus the moonwalk and his amazing live concerts that I never got to see!

Not to mention the Jackson 5 era! Motown classics!

Or do you see him as Wacko Jackson the owner of Netherland (unfortunate Peter Pan comparison) where he was accused of child molestation, buying off court verdicts, dangling a baby out the window and his so called skin color change that wasn't his own doing and his eventually death after he nearly made a very unrealistic comeback. Not to mention the Doctor that is still imprisoned due to his part in his death.

Any personal memories or stories... do you think he would have been involved in the whole Jimmy Saville scandal (indirectly)

Michael Jackson's Thriller Dance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYmm7WL62yE
Michael Jackson's Bad - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q

Comments

• HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creeped the bejaybus out of me, he did. Hated his 80s' music. Liked the Jackson 5 when I was a kid. But his solo career? Just pap.

Jarvis Cocker had the correct response.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw him as nothing other than an entertainer that slept with other peoples children.

His legacy to me is comparable to those of Jimmy Saville & Gary Glitter.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Some very good music and videos, but a complete fruitcake who spent a little too much time in the company of children for my liking.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I liked some of his songs but I didn't like him as a person at all. I always referred to him as Wacko Jacko.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Who? :confused:
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Chief of the General Staff (ret.)
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want to know who is going to play him in the inevitable Hollywood bio-pic of his life.

I mean, will they use a black actor and whiten him up at the end of the film but not at the beginning?

Or a white actor and black him up at the start of the film, but not at the end?
  • LandisLandis Posts: 14,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honest answer?
    It does make a difference that his childhood is documented in a number of biographies..... That we know he was abused as a child, and that he witnessed his brothers having sex with young fans (in the same room) when he was a very young child.

It does not excuse his behaviour (whatever we eventually discover this was).

I know very little about Savile's childhood that would enable me to understand anything in particular. And I have just finished reading In Plain Sight.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    You're a vegetable.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I just want to know who is going to play him in the inevitable Hollywood bio-pic of his life.

I mean, will they use a black actor and whiten him up at the end of the film but not at the beginning?

Political correctness should tell you there's only one acceptable course of action.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Jackson will always be a superstar for what he did in the music industy. He was also a kind and loving man even though his family are just leaches. Michael loved his children so much and you could tell from that documentary. When all that court stuff was happening I always believe Michael to be innocent. He wasent that pervert that was made out in court
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    I remember him for Off the Wall.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Jackson will always be a superstar for what he did in the music industy. He was also a kind and loving man even though his family are just leaches. Michael loved his children so much and you could tell from that documentary. When all that court stuff was happening I always believe Michael to be innocent. He wasent that pervert that was made out in court

He loved other peoples children as well and loved to sleep with them...nothing wrong at all....oh wait.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member

If a normal person took young boys in and slept in the same bed as them they would be in jail.

He was a complete sicko who used his fame to molest vulnerable children .

IMO
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Political correctness should tell you there's only one acceptable course of action.

Two actors, one black. one white.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Bo Selecta's best character chamone.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didnt do anything with those boys and let me remind you he was found not gulity when the court had finished
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found him a bit creepy and very over rated
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member

I watched a terribly low budget made-for-TV film called Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story about his life up to his court case in 2004 or whatever and it had a black actor who had whited up.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him as a terribly damaged person who danced and sang really well. Mostly a tragedy, really.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    That he was a disgusting human being who did horrible things but was also a gifted artist who was treated like a pay cheque instead of a son or a bother since he was a small child.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For his contribution to the world of music, the man should be classed as a legend as his songs will be passed down to generations beyond our lifetime and while his music won't stop teenage girls with more hormones than brains from purchasing sh!t from the likes of 1D, or Justine Bieber, his music will always get sold to new listeners all over the world.

Apart from getting owned on stage by the antics of Jarvis Cocker, Michael Jackson will be known as the man that owned a Chimp called Bubbles, then later on in life changed his own skin colour, then made a song called "Black or White", he will also be known as the man that banged Elvis's daughter.

However there was also a darker side to his personality, should it be swinging babies from balconies or a number of alleged kiddie fiddling activities that if he was British, would have even given Yewtree hernia.

When he died, the world lost a great talent, someone whose career lasted almost 50 years. His voice and dance moves were like no other, the man was a genius, it is just a shame that his personal life overshadowed him & despite having a devotion of fans, he was more in the media later on in his career, for the wrong reasons than for his musical ability.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

You've never heard of Michael Jackson? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    He was a legend who created great music and will forever be remembered.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Bo Selecta's best character chamone.

Lee Francis never got to find out if MJ found it funny.I think he would have.:)