Emmerdaily 20/6/11 – Is the Net Closing on Eager Ella?

15678911»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sick of Marlon! :mad::mad::mad:

Not possibly half as much as I'm sick of Paddy. He's always been a ridiculous character and his current storyline is pointless and totally unbelievable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    Eh.

The only word to describe that episode.

Laters. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right I'm off for a cuppa and some toast. Love ya all and see ya xx :D:D
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,367
    Forum Member
    None of my favorite men tonight.

Just a mention of one of them and Mr Fluffy the Teddy Bear thats really called Jackson.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    Not possibly half as much as I'm sick of Paddy. He's always been a ridiculous character and his current storyline is pointless and totally unbelievable.

His relationship with Aaron used to be entertaining and his friendship with Marlon used to be believable :(
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    "Of All The Men She Could Have Had" Isn't that a song???

Of All The Men She Could Have Had
    I'm happy she chose you
    Of all the fellers good and bad
    I'm happy she chose you
    And well I tell you that I'm glad, Pad
    You know I'm talking true
    I'm happy she chose you
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    His relationship with Aaron used to be entertaining and his friendship with Marlon used to be believable :(

Now Aaron has moved out and Marlon has moved on. :(
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I'm happy she chose you
    Of all the fellers good and bad
    I'm happy she chose you
    And well I tell you that I'm glad, Pad
    You know I'm talking true
    I'm happy she chose you

:D:D:D brilliant and so quick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, as was his marriage to Mandy but they ruined it with a stupid storyline. I've never liked the character. I've always found him weak. Dominic Brunt suited the character when that is how they were trying to portray him but he can't pull off the "other man who became the partner" role.
    Forum Member
    I really hope that we see more of Paddy and Aaron's relationship these next few months, even if Aaron is still living with Chas. I really want some scenes of him and the girls though. Reckong they'd be quite entertaining and funny.
  • Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,419
    Forum Member
    So, Paddy ended up with a double dose of "tough love" from Chastity and Marlon tonight. About time somebody told him he's on his way to wrecking his relationship with Rhona The Moaner if he doesn't stop freezing her out.

NotSexyScouse just isn't cutting it for me as a character. Please Mr. Producer can you wield your axe and give us someone easy on the eye with a personality?

Val's forgiven Amy off screen then! And Eric seems to have had very little to say about what effect she had on David & Leyla. Still, I did her & Val attempting to persuade Eric to buy the barn as well as Leyla offering the job in the shop to Hannah. You have to ask how she can afford the wages as all anyone ever seems to buy in there is a maximum of two items (& that's a big sale).

The Declan / Ella stuff was a bit better tonight than it has been for some time. I was half expecting Adam not to turn up so I was a little surprised when he did. He was brave sneaking out when he did given that Declan could have turned around at any point.

Overall, an average sort of episode.

6 out of 10.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    'He', although there are many times when he does behave like a 'she' :cool:

Miaow.:(:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I really hope that we see more of Paddy and Aaron's relationship these next few months, even if Aaron is still living with Chas. I really want some scenes of him and the girls though. Reckong they'd be quite entertaining and funny.

oops, i forgot...Aaron's not allowed to have a sense of humour now. :rolleyes::p
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello All

I'm confused by this whole plot- Ella and Declan have shown little sign of being back together have they?
    The whole storyline has been pretty weal because it's driven by a plotline and not by the characters.
    Evening All, I'm popping in n aht this evening

Chris you forgot to greet Lotteh, that was your penance for doing summat which I forget what it was but I know you did it :cool:

p.s Did someone say 'coke and hobnobs'
    Remember to crumble the hobnobs first before you snort them ;):D
    Emmerdale or the Tennis? Only one way to find out. FIGHT!!!
    I'm watching the tennis as I'm doing this.
    Multitasking while I'm multiquoting!
    Paddy listening to BabyFM again.
    The DJ's don't make much sense though!
    Get A Grip Van - Who's that directed at?
    Half the village at the moment!
    Aaron has a Teddy!
    Maybe Jackson liked him wearing it :D
    When did Sammeh last have a storyline?
    I wonder what's happened to that old teapot :confused:
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Chas is very wise tonight with some tough love.
    Chas was brilliant tonight - somebody had to put a flea in Paddy's ear!
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    Good god, does Ella think of anything else!?
    Opening a wine bottle ;)
    Uhuh, I sense a rumble in t'village
    I blame Leyla's rhubarb tarts!
    Oh, we Scousers are so ostracised! I take my leave! (dramatic exit)
    Don't you need to be jewish for that.....
    JackW wrote: »
    Sandeh!
    It's obviously his turn on the oldies rota for making an appearance :rolleyes:
    A country vet with an empty diary!!!!
    Blame the farmers - they don't like paying vet's bills.
    Declan really needs to watch some of t'films I watch, he'd have caught her out
    Surely if he wanted to catch her out - he'd have kept himself hidden till whoever she was meeting had turned up :rolleyes:
    It was alway making saucey remarks.
    And liked the accasional smack on the bottom.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Ow Do y'all!!

Evening All, I'm popping in n aht this evening

Chris you forgot to greet Lotteh, that was your penance for doing summat which I forget what it was but I know you did it

p.s Did someone say 'coke and hobnobs'

Charming! Someone's penance is greeting me?! :D
    Howdy Pickeh and enjoy yasel, wherever you're off to - you'll be missed.
    chrisdebag wrote: »
    :DHi Lotteh I have to greet you as Pickeh has gone mad erm I mean she asked me to

LOL! Why thank you chris * courtesy's*
    Pickeh is very hard to say 'no' to!!
    Mrs_Stig24 wrote: »
    Ooh Val remembers the puppet incident

So do i, it was awful!!

I'm racking my brains but was that the other Victoria? Before her head was changed?
    I agree though, ridiculous storyline!!!
    Wish Val would stop excusing Amy's behaviour.

As do I. This is a pure vanity trip for Val, she sees herself in Amy when she was young.
    Val deserves better than Amy :(

Sorry but Val is getting exactly what she asked for. If she was stricter with her and didn't make constant excuses for her bad behaviour AWP's behaviour might inprove a bit. Instead there's a handy excuse for everything and she's instantly forgiven (even when she blackmails £500 from Pollard!). Val is making a rod for her own back.
    When did Sammeh last have a storyline?

Olena the illegal immigrant wasn't it? Quite a while ago now.
    chrisdebag wrote: »
    Chaz has a voice like 300 bees swarming around honey on an angry day

She does indeed. Good description.
    Chas is very wise tonight with some tough love.

I like Chas lately. I know she has a bit of an annoying voice but she's entertaining.
    Be a dad to your son.

Er, were's the famous family loyalty, Chas?

Marlon is the Dad, not Paddy!

Good point.
    wuffles wrote: »
    Furthermore, she's not likely to have a crush on Durvid...

Or if she does she'll keep it to herself and stick to giving him longing looks over the shop counter!
    Good god, does Ella think of anything else!?

Seemingly not. Is she on hormones or something? She's as randy as a goat who hasn't had a shag for 6 months!
    wuffles wrote: »
    Urgh, SkankyScouse makes a reappearance.

Amy AND him. My cup runneth over.
    Oops, although he should have hidden behind a plant and waited a bit longer

What a bloody idiot. What the hell was he doing talking to her as soon as she walked in? He should have spied on her, seen who she was meeting! That was just pathetic wasn't it? You wouldn't go to all that trouble and then not watch to find out EXACTLY what was going on :confused:
    JackW wrote: »
    NeverDavid,Andeh and Carl are all mine - they're just not lucky enough to know it yet

Greedy Jack! I like it ;)
    Oh, we Scousers are so ostracised! I take my leave! (dramatic exit) :D

Oooooh, a flounce! :D

But come on, I've got to watch the annoying Geordie pest. Can't bloody stand her and I agree with anyone who slags her off.
    Why didn't he read her texts, there were texts weren't there

Because he's stupid. I don't think he really wants to know who it is - he just wants to put the willies up her (if you know what I mean - that might be a bad turn of phrase :o)
    No need to act like that Rhona.

Paddy was right: It's OK for HER to confide in Marlon so how is it not OK for HIM to confide in Chas?

But quite frankly they're boring me to tears now.
    Marlon thinks that Rhona is 'amazing' :yawn:

Er, she's not all THAT is she? I mean she's OK but I can't imagine men queuing round the block for her!
    "Of All The Men She Could Have Had" Isn't that a song???

I don't think so, but it should be :D
    Val's forgiven Amy off screen then! And Eric seems to have had very little to say about what effect she had on David & Leyla. Still, I did her & Val attempting to persuade Eric to buy the barn as well as Leyla offering the job in the shop to Hannah. You have to ask how she can afford the wages as all anyone ever seems to buy in there is a maximum of two items (& that's a big sale).

Do you think it's the script or heavy editing? Last week we had Amy telling Victoria off screen about lying over David and now this? Seems odd, plus they're scenes I would have liked to have seen.

And I agree. Leyla needs extra staff like a hole in the head! Hardly like she's run off her feet is it?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paddy not a happy bunny.
    He's got feet of clay
    lol. Can imagine Aaron snuggled up with a huge brown bear called Mr. Fluffy.
    and then using him as a punchbag:o
    How the hell does Leyla have the funds to hire staff!
    They get the wages from Emmerdale;)
    ibeca wrote: »
    I have to agree.:o

VIcar watch.....He's still skulking in his lair:(
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's half an hour of my life I'll never get back.

What a boring episode. The only good part was Chas telling Paddy to pull himself together.

I've always liked Val. She's usually firm but fair. However, she's been far too easy on Amy, and the pair of them have become rather smug.

Declan/Ella/Adam is even less interesting than the affair going on in Eastenders. Really couldn't care a less if they are caught or not. Just not bothered.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought i'd agree with Chas on anything but she was more or less making the same points I was trying to make last week, so on Paddy and Rhona were on full agreement which is something of a first.

Victoria's scouse friend is only ther to give something to do when she is not rowing with Amy. I found the creepy puppet from long ago very funny and I wish he would come back and haunt the total waste of space that is Amy.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy just boot her out the door. You dont want her and frankly i dont blame you, im sick of her as well. 3 in a relationship never works so just bin moana rhona off. Amazing woman says marlon - my arse - amazing at being self centred and moaning and thats about it.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she's got quite a lot to moan about.

Ment to mention earlier that Layla's shop is obviosly packed to the rafters when we are not looking and is only empty when we come to a scene which is why she needs an assistant.