Options

Emmerdaily 25/7/11 – Save All Your Tissues For Me

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,448
    Forum Member
    Some nice shots of t'village tonight, particularly the opening side shot with Paddy and Aaron and the stuff near Marlon's house.

I've never found Sam to be particularly interesting but this storyline with Samson might prove to be better than the usual sort of stuff Sam has if it proves to be well written. Tonight's stuff was more filler than anything else though.

The stuff with Ella and Mia was so-so. I'm not really clear what Ella's motivation is though. She may just be staying around to try and stick the knife into Declan, but opportunities to do that are likely to be few and far between. I can't seriously see her believing that she's still in with any sort of chance of getting Declan back, especially after she's lied to Mia about his relationship with Katy.

I liked the fact that we only got to see Hazel on the stand at Aaron's trial. It meant that things were less rushed and that Hazel got to respond to questions from both the defence and prosecution in some detail. Hopefully Jerry will get the same treatment tomorrow and we see him try to stick the knife in during the prosecution questioning whilst the defence will try and blow holes in his testimony.

Overall a decent solid episode.

7 and a half out of 10.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's me again, with my tear stick ;);) Should I be using it yet lol :D. Be good you lot :) ... and TYVM JW: it's using a lot of my dongle time but am keeping up hehehe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's one thing annoying me about this episode - who played the prosecution lawyer? It's really annoying me!
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Rossy22 wrote: »
    There's one thing annoying me about this episode - who played the prosecution lawyer? It's really annoying me!

James Gaddas - Neil Grayling from Bad Girls/Vinny Sorrell from corrie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Gaddas - Neil Grayling from Bad Girls/Vinny Sorrell from corrie

Thankyou! it was actually Ian Ellis from the Bill aaages ago I had seen him in, but that certainly makes sense. Thankyou.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Ow Do Y'All!

Pickpuss wrote: »
    Evening All, Greetings Chris, Hello SULLA & Lotteh, and where on earth is Bonkers

Ey Up Pickeh!

Maybe Bonkers is at the Granny's that hasn't got the internet connection?
    SULLA wrote: »
    Salvete to quoque peeps.

I'm off the watch the prog with my big white wig on

LOL, I can well imagine you as a Judge. Would've made the programme a lot more interesting!

'SEND HIM DOWN!!!!' :D
    wuffles wrote: »
    Why is Declan giving in to the spoilt brat?

I have to say, it IS about time she knew the truth. How old is she supposed to be 18? 19? Can't protect her forever I'm afraid.
    John Dough wrote: »
    Top ten 'airstyles?

She looks so young to be bothered by stuff like that! I know how my mum felt now when I was reading 'My Guy' mag at about the same age and she thought it was far too old for me and banned me from reading it :D (it had stuff about boys in you know.)
    Taz93 wrote: »
    When will Katie get a storyline that doesn't include A man and her latest relationship woes. ?

Er ........................................ never?
    Now I normally like Chas, but i knoe shes gonna annoy the hell out of me this week

Agreed. She was getting on my wick with her running commentary in that court. And they don't even have the actress talking any quieter (like you would) she's still like a foghorn!
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Would have liked Betteh there sucking on some boiled sweets.

Agreed. Then hearing her tell Pearl, Edna and Sandy HER version later. Or better still have them ALL there!
    They cannot bring in his previous offences, Can they :confused:

If they're relevant - yes and this is relevant as the previous conviction involved the same man as he's now accused of murdering.
    silentNate wrote: »
    I fear with these depressing storylines Emmerdale is morphing into the London soap :( :mad:

You and me both.
    poured the drink into his mouth

oh dear Hazel!

OMG! Now I made it quite clear I wasn't a big fan of this storyline yet I didn't see that happen. I saw Jackson GULPING it not having it poured into his mouth and down his throat!
    Aye, everything apart from getting him professional help.

The only help you got him was chucking him out of aplane, hoping it would change his mind

Spoken for truth.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Couldn't they have found a child actor with a remotely believable accent? He's far too posh to be a Dingle sprog.

I know :D I said something similar the other week.

And did I miss something but what was wrong with him getting a bit mud on him? Sam and Belle looked at each other as if sometime terrible had happened. Crikey, when I was his age I was practically rolling in it :D
    Thats wot he wanted

wondered how long it would take for that to be said :rolleyes:

LOL! I did one of the those exasperated laughs when she said it - knew she wouldn't be able to resist.

'It's what he wanted' apparently. Did you know? Not sure if Hazel's mentioned it or not :D
    Aaron you really are being a bar steward to his Mum and she is totally on his side

Annoying isn't it?
    Enjoyed that. Jerry to look forward to tomorrow.

Jerry is the one aspect of this court case I'm looking forward to. Can't wait to hear what HE has to say!
    The stuff with Ella and Mia was so-so. I'm not really clear what Ella's motivation is though. She may just be staying around to try and stick the knife into Declan, but opportunities to do that are likely to be few and far between. I can't seriously see her believing that she's still in with any sort of chance of getting Declan back, especially after she's lied to Mia about his relationship with Katy.

You'd think that Ella would be keeping her head down and not rocking the boat wouldn't you? Especially with what Declan knows about what SHE did. It's a bit daft having her go on like this, broken hearted or not. Surely she doesn't want her daughter to find out she shagged her boyfriend? Keeps on pushing him like this and Declan might spill the beans in a fit of temper.
    mrbernay wrote: »
    It's me again, with my tear stick. Should I be using it yet lol. Be good you lot ... and TYVM JW: it's using a lot of my dongle time but am keeping up hehehe

You're supposed to be on holiday Sir! Can't keep away can you? :D Enjoy the rest of your jollies.
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,448
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    You'd think that Ella would be keeping her head down and not rocking the boat wouldn't you? Especially with what Declan knows about what SHE did. It's a bit daft having her go on like this, broken hearted or not. Surely she doesn't want her daughter to find out she shagged her boyfriend? Keeps on pushing him like this and Declan might spill the beans in a fit of temper.

I think she's banking on the fact that Declan's priority is to ensure that Mia doesn't find out, although I agree that she'll probably end up pushing him too far and it will all come tumbling out before he can stop himself.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're supposed to be on holiday Sir! Can't keep away can you? :D Enjoy the rest of your jollies.

Soz, Lotteh ;) Am taking advantage of "natural breaks" ;);)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    Sword in hand and scales in t'other?
    No. Just a glass of pop
    I dont think Aaron actually crys.

I know Danny did when they filmed the episode where Paddy takes the stand, and the director noticed he was crying, stopped filming and told him he's not meant to be crying!
    Amateur:rolleyes:
    Aaron's trial runs over 4 days, the verdist being announced in the 8pm thurs ep.
    A murder trial lasting just over 2 hours:o
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    That baby is the spit of Paddy.
    except that the baby has a real chance of head hair
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    The Zack Hat is present. Fantastic.
    Disgraceful conduct:mad:
    chrisdebag wrote: »
    what is the punishent for killing a faun

is it the same as for a human
    I am astonished that the RSPCA have not been involved:confused:
    Aaron looks like one of the Kray brothers.
    Obviously Ron ;)
    Wow Ashley really knows how to keep the wif happy!
    I sense problems in the Tray Lair:o
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    The vicar!:eek: Is he seeing his lawyer to consider suing SULLA for defamation of character?:confused:
    Bring it on
    Some familiar faces in court.
    Aaron Livesy for starters
    Aaron has two features:

1) the crying
    2) the shaking of his head when he hears something he doesn't like
    and he does both a lot
    poured the drink into his mouth
    while he held his nose and stopped him struggling
    wuffles wrote: »
    Why aren't they bringing up the fact that Hazel was the one who bought the drugs?
    Becuase the idiots neglected to charge her:rolleyes:
    I can see why they wanted to go for the 70k lawyer!
    Wouldn't have made any difference
    Aaron you really are being a bar steward to his Mum and she is totally on his side
    Tis true
    Jerry is the one aspect of this court case I'm looking forward to. Can't wait to hear what HE has to say!

He can hardly say that Jackson didn't want to die because there is the evience of the recordings.

Vicar watch.....Simpering witnessed and he's up to something. Not vicaring though:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @ SULLA - Jerry is supposed to lie though isn't he? I wonder what he says? It's got me quite intrigued as to what he can come up with. Won't have long to wait now though!
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ SULLA - Jerry is supposed to lie though isn't he? I wonder what he says? It's got me quite intrigued as to what he can come up with. Won't have long to wait now though!

Jerry has become nothing more than the pantomime baddie for the teenage fanclub to Boo & Hiss at :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerry has become nothing more than the pantomime baddie for the teenage fanclub to Boo & Hiss at :rolleyes:

Oh yes, absolutely, no doubt about that and they had to make this 'hated' person a non-permanent cast member because they'll never be forgiven. In the same way that they didn't take up the fella who plays Alan Turner's suggestion that his character be horrible to them - they knew that he would never be forgiven by the Aaron/Jackson 'lurrrrve story' fans :rolleyes:

But it doesn't stop me wondering just what Jerry is going to say :o
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He will possibly saying that they persuaded him to make the recordings. If I was Jerry I would say that I tried to get them to get Jackson some professional help and they refused to listen to me. If I was Jerry I would be saying that they stated that They couldn't cope with Jackson any more. But I'm naughty:o
    So true:)
  • Options
    lovinjonlovinjon Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would love to see Jerry an Hazel have an ep where they both get the guilt and failures on the table and argue it out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    He will possibly saying that they persuaded him to make the recordings. If I was Jerry I would say that I tried to get them to get Jackson some professional help and they refused to listen to me. If I was Jerry I would be saying that they stated that They couldn't cope with Jackson any more. But I'm naughty:o

So true:)

Oooh, I didn't think of that! (I've been incredbily slow :o) I like like your stirring style SULLA ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lovinjon wrote: »
    I would love to see Jerry an Hazel have an ep where they both get the guilt and failures on the table and argue it out

Now THAT is another scene I would like to see! They could make a whole episode out of it :eek:
  • Options
    Stitches83Stitches83 Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something tells me an episode like that would end with them sleeping together.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really really hate court scenes on TV I find the utterly boring and uninteresting if it carries on like this I will have not watch the eps live and record them and fast forward the court bits. although I might stay to watch Jerry tonight he should be entertaining enough.

Speaking of Which what do you mean Jerry HasBecome like a pantomime baddie, he's always been that way surely everyone remembers what he was like when he first appeared just after Jackson had his accident, he was extremely unpleasant and homophobic. Meanwhile I had a thought Jerry has a son called Josh and another Jackson, what is it with this family and J names.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WARNING
    If anyone ever uses the word Cringe in the Emmerdale Ep threads I will get into a murderous rage and write a thousand word rant about my hatred for that word and its overuse. I get this from reading certain other less pleasant threads (yes EE ep thread i am looking at you), so if you want to avoid such rants and for the sake of my sanity please avoid that word.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    WARNING
    If anyone ever uses the word Cringe in the Emmerdale Ep threads I will get into a murderous rage and write a thousand word rant about my hatred for that word and its overuse. I get this from reading certain other less pleasant threads (yes EE ep thread i am looking at you), so if you want to avoid such rants and for the sake of my sanity please avoid that word.

Can I use cringeworthy then please, pretty please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope but I will let you off the 1000 word rant heh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have looked up cringe on thesaurus and I have come up with a few alternatives to save your blood pressure, hopefully these will be to your liking or not, recoil, wince, flinch, shrink, shy away or cower :)