The Walking Dead S3 (US Pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't kill Michael Rooker off though. Fantastic actor.

Totally agree with this
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Gutted the show is going on a hiatus until February after tonight's episode :(.

Dexter and Spartacus will get us through. :)
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic episode and half-season finale!

Just...Wow! New people at the prison, and they seem like an interesting bunch. :D

Good on Michonne! Penny can finally, officially, rest in piece. Gov got taught a lesson. Don't mess with the chick with the sword. :D

And that ending! Oh my god. :eek:
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every thread I go to on the internet people are just posting "oh my god" or "the ending". Can somebody please tell me what happened?
  • sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic finale cannot wait for February to come!! But yes, Spartacus will fill the gap :)
    Did not expect that ending, I wonder if both will make it out alive, darryl has to though!! Interested to see what Andrea does after this
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a brilliant finale. Andrea surely has to join forces with Daryl and Merle (who must now turn his back on the Governor after being thrown to the wolves) to get back to Rick and Co. New characters look interesting hopefully we'll get to know them unlike poor bloody what's his face who got killed tonight., I'd much rather it had been the other prisoner.

And they killed Shane...AGAIN!! Good to see the Jon Berthnal cameo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I'm always upset when each episode ends because it never feels like long enough. I think they need to make a movie out of this series, it would be massive.

The season finale didn't disappoint. Glad Michonne finally got to grips with the governor and that he now finally has his fetching eye patch. This is hopefully where we'll start to see more of the comic governor's evil ways. How quickly he turned on poor Merle to make him the scapegoat of the "terrorist" intrusion. I suspect Merle was getting a little pissed off with the governor for some time and hopefully he'll now do the right thing and leave with his brother. At least that's what I hope happens.

The new inmates look interesting. Glad they have introduced Tyrese from the comics too. Not sure who the others are yet but look forward to finding out. One question though, if they knew the prison was open to intruders, why didn't they try to rectify it in some way? I guess they just haven't had time with all that has happened.

Carl and carole are now amongst my favourite characters. I hated them both in seasons past. Carole's interaction with the prisoner about being a lesbian was quite amusing. Carl going off alone in the prison towards the woman's screams just shows how bad ass he has become.

Roll on Feb!
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, what a bloody great episode, this show keeps on getting better and it was pretty good to start with!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree about Carol and Carl, could not stand either of them until the end of S2. Carol in particular has really came in to her own, so strong and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her relationship with Darryl, the chemistry between them is brilliant.
    I never really like children in adult TV shows and used to see Carl as a whiney brat but since the episode where he had the chat with Rick (I think it was Rick!!) in the barn in S2 he has really matured.

I was one of the people who moaned about how slow paced S2 was and there not being enough action but seeing S3 and how well developed the characters have been I can see why S2 had to be what it was. It gave time for us to watch the characters and relationships grow in to what they are now.

As peviously mentioned, I'd rather the other prisoner had died too rather than the big guy, shame about him being killed off so quickly! But following the creepy prison scene where he was going on about Beth's age and Carol intervened did to me indicate future potential storylines with him (sadly). I think it's pretty obvious what he was in jail for now!

I also hope Andrea joins forces with Darryl and Merle against the Gov. I suppose Gov did need a scapegoat to reassure his people he caught those responsible for the attack but really didn't see him turning on Merle like that. I just hope Darryl and Andrea both make it back to the rest of the group!!

Much better Michonne scenes in the episode too, she did loads of talking!! And her scenes in the Gov's house whee she made those discoveries were great, as was the subsequent fight scene!

Thumbs up to Glenn and Maggie, so good to see Glenn in some kick ass scenes again (more so last weeks episode). Loved the scene where he ripped out the Walker's bone to be used as a weapon!!

The new 'inmates' look interesting, as previously mentoned, I hope we get to find out a bit about them rather than them being killed within a few episodes.

I know no-one is ever safe in The Walking Dead, but I just hope these guys make it at least in to S4-

Rick
    Carl
    Darryl
    Carol
    Andrea
    Michonne
    Glen
    Magge
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder if maybe the Merle / Daryl thing was a set up to help get Merle into the prison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I did wonder if maybe the Merle / Daryl thing was a set up to help get Merle into the prison.

As much of an idiot Merle is, I believe he would never betray Daryl.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much of an idiot Merle is, I believe he would never betray Daryl.:)

I agree, and I don't think Merle would be capable of acting so well f it were a set up
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cutty! Great new addition to the cast.

Good finale, although I'm certain all Michonne had to do was quickly tell Andrea how the Governor had tried to have Merle kill her, rather than just letting her go as he said he had. Coupled with the creepy heads, it might have got her back on side.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hadn't occurred to me that it was a set-up but that isn't out of the question. Merle will simply think Daryl is misguided without him around and expect him to slavishly follow him again, although the governor will be mightily p***** off with him for lying about Michonne. I wonder what Andrea's reaction will be, now that she knows it's her group at the prison. Is she still bitter than they effectively abandoned her?

Excellent episode though, we had everything in it, not a word I use, ever, but 'AWESOME' is appropriate. Lots of zombies, shootings and I nearly burst into tears when the governor was begging Michonne not to kill his zombie daughter.

Carl is now one of my favourite characters, he's toughened up and can be relied upon to do the right thing, not a bad shot either.
  • IsisIsis Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I also hope Andrea joins forces with Darryl and Merle against the Gov. I suppose Gov did need a scapegoat to reassure his people he caught those responsible for the attack but really didn't see him turning on Merle like that. I just hope Darryl and Andrea both make it back to the rest of the group!!

The Gov now knew Merle had lied about killing Michonne in the woods, and this had led to him losing his daughter and his eye, so no surprise he turned on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isis wrote: »
    The Gov now knew Merle had lied about killing Michonne in the woods, and this had led to him losing his daughter and his eye, so no surprise he turned on him.

oh yes i forgot all abou that!!! makes sense now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im starting to think The Walking Dead has a one black guy policy going on.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axel thinking Carol was a lesbian was a highlight of the episode for me. :D
    I don't read the comics but The Governer wears an eyepatch in them doesn't he? It's nice that they've now worked that into the show. :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But following the creepy prison scene where he was going on about Beth's age and Carol intervened did to me indicate future potential storylines with him (sadly). I think it's pretty obvious what he was in jail for now!

I hope that not the case as I rather like Axel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome episode :D was I the only one cheering when Michonne stabbed the Gov in the eye?? Cannot wait for February now :p
    at least daryls safe after seeing him on "next time on AMC" bit phewwwww!!!

Oh and lol @ the whole Carol/short hair = lesbian bit hehe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome episode :D was I the only one cheering when Michonne stabbed the Gov in the eye?? Cannot wait for February now :p
    at least daryls safe after seeing him on "next time on AMC" bit phewwwww!!!

Oh and lol @ the whole Carol/short hair = lesbian bit hehe

I missed the preview but that's good to know!! Will need to check it out! He lesbian thing was really funny lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    What a brilliant episode! As always TWD just gets better with each episode! Easily the best show on TV at the mo, and the one that is best crafted!

Massive ROFL moment Axel thinking Carol was a lesbian because she had the hair thing going on ROFL LOL LOL

Loved the wink with the Shane moment and him dying AGAIN LOL

Loving Carl! Astounding how much he has matured!

Wonder what Andrea will do when the shwo returns! Will she reunite with the team or now bat for Team Governor???

Can't believe Michonne still hasn't said that Andrea is inside Woodsbury! What's she waiting for!

10 weeks before we get the next episode!!!! think Im going to go back and re-read the comics from the strat just to get a TWD fix till then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    What a brilliant episode! As always TWD just gets better with each episode! Easily the best show on TV at the mo, and the one that is best crafted!

Massive ROFL moment Axel thinking Carol was a lesbian because she had the hair thing going on ROFL LOL LOL

Loved the wink with the Shane moment and him dying AGAIN LOL

Loving Carl! Astounding how much he has matured!

Wonder what Andrea will do when the shwo returns! Will she reunite with the team or now bat for Team Governor???

Can't believe Michonne still hasn't said that Andrea is inside Woodsbury! What's she waiting for!

10 weeks before we get the next episode!!!! think Im going to go back and re-read the comics from the strat just to get a TWD fix till then!

Don't think Michonne knows that they know Andrea, does she? Not sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Waiting until mid-February 2013!!!!! ~ to find out if Andrea comes to her senses & save Daryl!
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! What a finale (mid season)! I have to say, the bunch of episodes we've had so far have been such a treat! I was getting worried that The Governor would meet his end during that fight, as I don't yet think he's reached the potential I've been reading about on here (from all you comic fans!). As I was discussing with my supervisor at work today, so far he's actually come across as quite nice. Sure, he's done thing which aren't right, but when you look at the bigger picture, you can see everything he has done has been to protect his group. Even lying to them about certain things (such as the helicopter) is done to protect them. Yet I think in this episode, we've seen him turn into the character I've been reading so much about and have been longing to see. He has literally, in one episode, gone from a man who presents himself as this caring leader, to a man who is encouraging the mob mentality seen previously only through the staged fights. He's changed his tactics now and literally transformed into someone whom we can see will be a huge threat, a big villian. I think that's been the biggest moment of all for me in this episode; infact this entire half season.

Next, onto the new group. And wow! Wondered what was going on at first, then saw the blown at prison and wondered if it was a flashback/forwards/sideways (you can tell I'm a LOST fan) or what else it could be. To then have them appear in the prison was great; following all the deaths this season we needed an injection of fresh new characters. Curious as to how this will play out once Rick returns, but I did love how Carl completely mimicked his father in the way he locked them up, even using the same words to them. Also liked the fact that their leader was grateful, despite being locked up, as he knows it's a safe place.

Was expecting a death or two, and not surprised it didn't happen. The nice black prisoner died, but seeing as his character has received little development, it really didn't leave much impact. Rick's 'Shane' moment was a bit strange, but I feel it's good to have these little throwbacks; it keeps Rick's humanity by showing that whatever he has done, however long ago, it still haunts him.

Andrea is really starting to bug me now. She's seen what The Governor is up to yet continues to back him. Surely she doesn't buy his explanation for the heads in jars? I would take a guess myself, that he has used the bodies of those people to feed his daughter, and I think I would be right. I'm also hoping she steps up and does something about the situation we were left in at the end of the episode; if she doesn't I'm REALLY gonna be pissed.

Back to the Micchone (is that spelling right? - Governor fight. Completely horrified when she stabbed him in the eye with the glass. Fantastic acting on both parts, made even better by Morrisey's screams.I also loved him sitting there cradling Penny with the chunk of glass still sticking out of his face.

Glad Micchone is sticking with Rick's group. Though she's not said much, she's an enjoyable character and someone I would certainly want around myself in a situation like this.

Now I'm just left wondering how the end of the episode will play out, and, assuming they survive, what will become of Merle and Daryl. Add Andrea to that too. What will she do now she knows her original group is still alive and not terrorists as The Governor would have her believe. If she tells him she knows Daryl what will he do then? He can't tell her he knows because then she will know he has been lying all along and I'm sure she won't like that. Maybe Andrea will be one of the first to feel the wrath of this new Governor? Wouldn't surprise me; she's had it far too cosy so far this season.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I could probably ramble a lot more; there's just so much to talk about from this episode, but these are my immediate thoughts. So, hope to see you all back here in February!

EDIT: These were problems we had last year, but if people are talking about the comics, AT ALL, is it possible to keep it in spoiler tags please? Whilst the show and the comics do have their differences, to keep reading 'what happens in the comics' is really annoying myself and a lot of other users. I don't want to know what happens, or has happened in the comics, whether it has or hasn't happened in the show or not. There's always a chance it will, even if you think we've gone past that part of the comics, so please, can we just keep them spoilered with a warning that it's about the comics? That way, people who have read the comics will know it's safe to read without being spoiled about the show, whilst those of us who only follow the show will know not to touch the spoiler tag at all. Many thanks!