Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of people are complaining about ARTPOP being underwhelming, and although I agreed originally it's quite a grower. I even like Dope now.

But not Jewels and Drugs. The cough at the beginning is enough to put me off.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like jewels and drugs :o it's never gonna go down as my favourite Gaga song but it reminds me of the fame somehow, how she sings the verses anyway.
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah 'Jewels & Drugs' doesn't do it for me either. I do kinda like it, but it's not one I rush to play. Oddly enough I really liked the iTunes festival version though (even though people say there's not much differences, there are some that I've noticed, I preferred the beat of the iTunes one for starters).

I loved her rockier vocals of 'MANiCURE' on the Muppets thanksgiving special. I can't wait for it to air here in the UK :)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I love the album but I don't like 'jewels and drugs' or 'manicure' (but i liked the iTunes version - so i may like the rockier version on the muppets)… I forward to the next track…… 'Mary Jane Holland' is such a grower..very catchy… i even dreamt the song? Bizarre!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    US tour dates have been announced just now - from May next year until July I think. Glad for the Americans that they get to see it first, it seems only fair after most of them didn't get to see the BTWB. It's called artRave: the ARTPOP Ball tour or something like that. I wonder if she'll take it to Europe (most likely) and when tour dates will be released.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if the space is intended there after June....maybe ARTPOP II will be released in July perhaps?? and the "surprises" she has hinted at could be the new material/single by that time (May??) we shall see of course but ido wonder....also spacing it out a lot more not like the BTWB tour....will be interesting but i do sense she will be spacing out tour dates and shows now for the ARTPOP era....which of course makes sense too :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if the space is intended there after June....maybe ARTPOP II will be released in July perhaps?? and the "surprises" she has hinted at could be the new material/single by that time (May??) we shall see of course but ido wonder....also spacing it out a lot more not like the BTWB tour....will be interesting but i do sense she will be spacing out tour dates and shows now for the ARTPOP era....which of course makes sense too :).

I reckon what will happen is she'll start the tour is US and then bring out new material, revamp the tour go round the world and end in US again with ARTPOP Ball 2.0 - kinda like she did with TMB.

I just hope that not too many of the ARTPOP songs are cut short on the tour. I know a lot of people want to hear the old hits and stuff, but I want to see the album performed and let's face it, a lot of those tracks won't be performed again as they'll remain album tracks so I want to see them whilst I still can.

Gaga needs to hurry up and release DWYW video, there's not even been any news yet. It was rumoured to be released today but I'm guessing that's not happening. And when is the Terry Richardson documentary coming?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon what will happen is she'll start the tour is US and then bring out new material, revamp the tour go round the world and end in US again with ARTPOP Ball 2.0 - kinda like she did with TMB.

I just hope that not too many of the ARTPOP songs are cut short on the tour. I know a lot of people want to hear the old hits and stuff, but I want to see the album performed and let's face it, a lot of those tracks won't be performed again as they'll remain album tracks so I want to see them whilst I still can.

Gaga needs to hurry up and release DWYW video, there's not even been any news yet. It was rumoured to be released today but I'm guessing that's not happening. And when is the Terry Richardson documentary coming?

Yeah well what i hope is that it will be all 15 sonvs performed live really or at least used i nthe shows...maybe a few hits (Paparazzi, Telephone, Edge, Bad ROmance, Just Dance reworked) and then shake it up with new material ...which would be ideal if the album is condensed in tracklist but enhanced in song length (notice few songs made it past the 4min mark this time??) maybe 10 - 12 songs but bigger/longer and complex perhaps...would be interesting

And yeah i just feel the way they went about promoting was very wrong bar the itunes fest which i adored! and the artRAVE which was expertly done too....everything else has seemed peculiar.

Videos with sonvs should have happened immediately really. Applause, Venus, Do What U Want should each have videos out there by now and focus then on gypsy for post-Xmas release and video but alas we shall see.
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Gaga's in London again, 3rd time during the Artpop era, she should live here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes for Alan Carr and Jingle Bell Ball - she's certainly spent a lot of time in london!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17wimm_venusapplause_music?start=36

her performances in Japan of Applause and Venus. Decent showings, I preferred Applause to Venus. I don't understand why she continues to play guitar at the end, you can never hear it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mini bump.....need to say ARTPOP contineus to grow and grow everytime i play it...really love that...its like opposite of Born This Way in that some wane off in time but the ones you loved you love more (if that makes sense)...i still love the BTW album but ARTPOP...i cannot describe i just love the Arty/Clinical/Rave/EDM vibe it presents itself and i just feel this is a cool niche to be in and stem out with future albums.

Also hope she keeps consistent in the charts too...even though she has lwoered down in the space of a mmonth the CHatty Man and Jingle Bell Ball appearences should help to sustain it...and what with the video release(s) coming soon too it will be very interesting to say the least.

Also while i do lvoe the song Fashion!, i do also knda wish RuPaul made the album cut too :).
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Acoustic Applause --- flipping amazing it's like another song all dark and dramatic :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjLuAS8HYm8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Slojo, great performance! Nice to finally get a stripped back version. Thought she did very well at JBB as well, she looked so happy to be back up there!

I hope we get DWYW video before Xmas...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Acoustic Applause --- flipping amazing it's like another song all dark and dramatic :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjLuAS8HYm8

I usually like her acoustic performances of uptempo tracks, but they're starting to get a little samey to me. :-(

The vocals were incredible though. :kitty:
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Will the DWUW video get a release before Christmas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Will the DWUW video get a release before Christmas?

Depends on which Christmas you are thinking of :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Oooh, ARTPOP sales went past the million mark this week, it has sold 1,070,000 copies worldwide so far.

Hopefully her performance on USA The Voice this week will push it back in to the USA Top 10.

And the USA tour dates have sold well too. That guuuurl ain't going anywhere !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to the Gaga special airing next week (the thanksgiving special).

I've seen all the performances on youtube but it will be nice to watch it on TV in full, especially as it's airing here in the UK which is nice :) It was really christmassy so that will get me in the mood :D

Remember, next Sunday on five!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to the Gaga special airing next week (the thanksgiving special).

I've seen all the performances on youtube but it will be nice to watch it on TV in full, especially as it's airing here in the UK which is nice :) It was really christmassy so that will get me in the mood :D

Remember, next Sunday on five!

Was gonna be all like, 'oh no one watches 5 unfortunately', but about 5 mins ago I saw the Lady Gaga advert come on and realised I in fact had channel 5 on haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's heavy rumor/speculation that later today it's going to be announced that a remix or some sort of new version of 'Sexxx Dreams' featuring Christna Aguilera is happening/happened.

Also Xtina and Gaga just tweeted eachother. DJWS also teasing fans!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    There's heavy rumor/speculation that later today it's going to be announced that a remix or some sort of new version of 'Sexxx Dreams' featuring Christna Aguilera is happening/happened.

Also Xtina and Gaga just tweeted eachother. DJWS also teasing fans!

It's confirmed they are doing duet on the Voice USA tonight :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Seeing my faves jam together was stan heaven. Kind of surreal too considering the drama and the fact they've not even had a twitter conversation before.

I liked the 70s disco vibe and they really worked well together. Not many female singers would dare duet with Christina, but Gaga totally held her own and she wasn't even at her best.

Makes me want her to go down the pop/disco/R&B road even more now.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I loved the duet!!! So amazing to have them perform together to finally put an end to the fan feud :)

I still can't believe it happened, I never expected them to acknowledge each other much ever again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVED the duet! I never thought it would ever happen but they both did a great job of shutting down Perez. Nice to see they had such good chemistry and i thought they both sounded good! I'm off to watch it again :)

apparently video is coming this week!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the Muppets special tonight on Channel Five, it's nice to have it broadcast here in the UK :) Good move, Five! :)