Options

Am I Missing The Point Of The Voice ??

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
HI it has been two seasons now of the voice, both have been won by a woman, and nothing IMO has become of them.. their début albums IMO have been flops.. so what is the pont of a third season ???

Comments

• Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's a awesome show? Much better than The X Factor? IMO

The show isn't about creating a manufactured pop star but helping talented vocalists find a career in music wether it's in a mainstream level or not
  • Options
    DalwhatDalwhat Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately I don't see Andrea as having a great voice either.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The X Factor is coming up to its 11th season. Where are the first 2 X Factor winners???? so if thats case what was point in next 8 series of the x factor
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    The X Factor is coming up to its 11th season. Where are the first 2 X Factor winners???? so if thats case what was point in next 8 series of the x factor

every year there is someone from the x factor that is in the main-stream.music or tv.. not the same as the so called voice..
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly don't think that a successful TV show (or unsuccessful) should be judged on how many "stars" it's created.

These days, The X Factor is an absolute joke. They haven't even bothered to hide the manipulation since series six, and despite taking the piss out of all their viewers, they still have very successful acts. Doesn't stop it from being a joke, though.

However, I do think The Voice format is terrible. They have several acts go into the live shows, only to axe a handful straight away. We don't get any time to connect with any of them, and by the time any of them have an opportunity to promote themselves outside the show, the next batch have already arrived and we forget them.

If we have trouble remembering acts from The X Factor, despite them getting ten weeks to promote themselves on prime time TV, then we sure aren't going to remember acts on The Voice who are lucky to get three.
    steve2013 wrote: »

To be fair, Shayne Ward (series 2 winner) was successful for a year or two after the show, before the record company lost interest.
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem is that the BBC doesn't promote the winners once the series finishes its as though the finalists fall down a hole never to be seen or heard again.
    The Voice is a great show to watch but I feel sorry for the performers because the BBC don't seem to give a dam about them once the show is finished.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tawe wrote: »
    Problem is that the BBC doesn't promote the winners once the series finishes its as though the finalists fall down a hole never to be seen or heard again.
    The Voice is a great show to watch but I feel sorry for the performers because the BBC don't seem to give a dam about them once the show is finished.

That's not the job of the BBC is it though? They're not the music industry and they are not going to do that side of things. Ideally what should happen is that someone with potential (and not necessarily the winner) is seen and liked by a label/producer who then picks them up and takes over from there.

Will.i.am is quite capable of pulling strings if he wants to, and so is Kylie.

This is not the X Factor. Simon does not get to own them. So much better that way.

Loving the new line up. 10 times better than the previous bunch. Much better presenters. So glad Danny has gone.
  • Options
    Dream_catcherDream_catcher Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I can't honestly remember who won on the past two series? That's how memorable the winners are to me.