Options

What happened to Rachel? Who choose that routine?

2»

Comments

• Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    She was definitely thrown under the bus this week.

Awful song awful outfit awful performance.

Considering it was said that she chose everything for this performance...I doubt it. ;-)

Blame Rachael if anything for experimenting and not playing it safe like she usually does.
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering it was said that she chose everything for this performance...I doubt it. ;-)

Blame Rachael if anything for experimenting and not playing it safe like she usually does.

Maybe Rachel did pick everything but someone should have said no.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Maybe Rachel did pick everything but someone should have said no.

Kylie tried to apparently. If anyone threw Rachael under a bus then it was herself unfortunately.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanquish32 wrote: »
    Some responsibility should go to the contestant. They should pick the coach which will best suit/help them and is the best match for them, not who is the biggest star or most popular.

I never saw kylie as a good match for rachel, tom would have been better.

I think you're right. Rachel is a straight singer who doesn't go in for any quirks. All the dancing etc. which Kylie goes in for in her own act just detracts from the impact of Rachel's vocal performance.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    Kylie did say that Rachel had got a bit carried away and kept putting more and more stuff in.

I know it's the coach's job to advise them, but maybe Kylie got a bit fed up of arguing with her and let her do it her own way.

Very un memorable song, and all the dancing was very distracting!

If that's true it explains a lot. ..Lee's performance was better than Jamie's... Yet Kylie picked Jamie... Did she get 'fed up' with Rachael and correctly guess that the public would save Lee?
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, am I the only one who noticed Kylie's face when they announced who went through??? I swear her jaw dropped and she was shocked:o, think she just expected Rachel to get the vote into the semi's.

I agree she was over produced and too much pop princess singing and dancing and the wrong song.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the comment about Kylie and Will attention seeking, they are ruining the show.

I haven't watched every episode of the show, so I don't know if Rachel and Georgia have been consistently good/bad, but based on their performance last night, neither of them deserved to go through. They were terrible.
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who picked that song? I'm not even sure what it was. I could hardly hear it. Can someone put a link to what it's meant to sound like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6GzjAPSut4

It's a great song, but totally unsuited to Rachael.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see Rachel is ahead of Lee and Jamie in terms of youtube views from last night (though she is picking up more dislikes). I actually think Lee and Jamie cannot win this at all. Rachel was Kylie's last chance, if she'd put her through, then told her to stop messing around and keep it simple. Wannabe Pop Princesses don't win these things, she should have gone back to the start (the Blinds) for ideas.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,493
    Forum Member
    Rachel would have been best served standing still on stage singing a ballad.

Giving her what looked like a High School Musical routine did her no good at all.

The Voice always shoots itself in the foot.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Racheal was my fav but last night she just wasn't good enough sadly. Christian who I wasn't a big fan of before completely blew me away she was great last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Giving her what looked like a High School Musical routine did her no good at all.

totally agree, when I saw it I thought "Glee club" :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree a ballad would have been more suited for Rachel. I was listening to this song yestaday and I think with this song she could have won. Plus I think it could have made a great winning single.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5yaoMjaAmE

What you think Big Barry?
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,493
    Forum Member
    It would have been an improvement for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would have been an improvement for sure.

Exactly still no idea why they went with that song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be reading too much into this but there was a noticeable look of upset on Kylie's face when Rachel didn't go through.