Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 3) (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never seen a red driving instructor , but they earn up to 30k a year.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Istvan wrote: »
    Build your own model of a Lancaster bomber, first part only 50p, yeah but the other 124 parts are £4.99 each plus P&P.
    OK then, ya got £620, for that I'd want one built for me AND gold plate

:D:D Hehe!.I used to build Airfix models(mostly aircraft) when i was a kid.Then i'd take them to the top of our house,set fire to them,then lob them out the window.I guess it was my version of the Lancaster being shot down in flames.Ah,happy memories.:p
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »

:( Yeah.If they work 12 hours a day,7 days a week.
  • Options
    IstvanIstvan Posts: 4,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the key words being "Up to" meaning less than.
    £5'000 is less than £30'000
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Anyone mentioned poo at Paul's on this page yet?

Sorry, had to be done :) just to annoy that person back on page one...!
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NWScots wrote: »
    Surely the worst advert at the moment is that dreadful "hello you" one for Diet Coke. It's all "look at us, we're so young and crazy" and the whole "hello you" thing just makes me want to puke because it's sooo cheesy. Drives me completely mental.

Is this the one where the woman pinches the bloke's bottom as if another bloke did it? Oh yes, nothing more funny than erroneously-assumed homosexuality, that's HILARIOUS, that'll make me buy some fizzy pop, that will :yawn: :rolleyes: :mad:

Quite how an advert in 2009 in the UK can have as one of its selling features essentially "haha gay" is beyond me.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure which I detest the most at the moment - the Coke advert with the wee gremlin things wailing as they have jets of Coke squirted into their mouths, or that T-mobile advert where that one bloke (who just happens to have a voice like a goose farting in the fog) sings louder than anyone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I have to agree. The T Mobile advert with that bloke singing, or should I say trying to sing is by far the worst ad on tv at the moment.

Although, the sudden flurry of "gold for cash" ads come close second!
  • Options
    legomattylegomatty Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    LuluBlue wrote: »
    Anyone mentioned poo at Paul's on this page yet?

Sorry, had to be done :) just to annoy that person back on page one...![/QUOTE]

:D Although they were being a bore with their post :rolleyes: ;)They did have a bit of a point with the "Poo at Paul's" ad. I think we all agree it's cr*p (pun intended) and probably doesn't need mentioning every page. :D
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Poo at Pauls should be mentioned on every page :p
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Istvan wrote: »
    the key words being "Up to" meaning less than.
    £5'000 is less than £30'000

Well I still haven't seen one , maybe none of them pass the exam.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I still haven't seen one , maybe none of them pass the exam.
    just seen your location, would you mind getting a move on, there's a queue of little kids waiting to use it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure which I detest the most at the moment - the Coke advert with the wee gremlin things wailing as they have jets of Coke squirted into their mouths

Which is surely a rip off of this classic Python sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9nGyPz9uT0

which in turn could be based on this bizarre idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katzenklavier
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Ive looked right through this thread to see if the one advert that I hate with a passion hasnt already been mentioned and it hasnt....
    Cravendale milk...with all those stupid little plastic figures what is the point !!

Oh and poo at Pauls :D

LaineyT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Surely those Lucozade ads are to blame for the death of Big Brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jawl wrote: »
    Surely those Lucozade ads are to blame for the death of Big Brother.
    I thought that that was Wiston Smith in 1984
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Ive looked right through this thread to see if the one advert that I hate with a passion hasnt already been mentioned and it hasnt....
    Cravendale milk...with all those stupid little plastic figures what is the point !!

Oh and poo at Pauls :D

LaineyT

I quite like the Cravendale milk adverts, they're a little bit "out there" and crazy! Mmmmmm yummy!!

We could do with more funny, surreal adverts on TV like they had in the 90's. The classic Tango ads for example? Totally bonkers, but very memorable.

Yeah that "I want to do a poo at Paul's house" gets on my tits, I wonder what Charlie Brooker would say about that advert. He should do Advertwipe now, but I've heard he's working on Gameswipe instead at the moment.
  • Options
    crabstercrabster Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert for the Donkeys.

Poor donkey has to do all this work, send him £3... Don't worry about the actual human who is living a similarly poor life. Nope just send the donkey £3, because he has a voice like your granddad.

Same goes for other adds which have voices for animals, such blatant manipulation.

Also Sky sports for suggesting that the Premier league is the be all and end all of football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crabster wrote: »
    The advert for the Donkeys.

Poor donkey has to do all this work, send him £3... Don't worry about the actual human who is living a similarly poor life. Nope just send the donkey £3, because he has a voice like your granddad..
    but the donkey doesn't beat the man if he is old or ill, or just because he's in a foul mood.

Have you ever lived in these countries, not just visited on holiday where it's all jolly sanitized Disneyland version, but actually LIVED there.

I have, 5 years in the Légion Etrangère, in Algeria, I have SEEN how these people treat animals, beating donkeys, who were too ill to work, until they bled and then leaving them to die of their wounds, kicking dogs to death, throwing cats down disused wells for the sheer pleasure of it.

Don't pity the people, it would be like pitying the nazi concentration camp guards rather than THEIR victims.

But perhaps you would suggest that we send money to a fund for the little b*st*rds who torture animals in this country instead of to the RSPCA
  • Options
    Zippy289Zippy289 Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ped Egg from JML. It is utterly gross to see somebody empty out their foot shavings. :eek: It put me right off my parmesan when I had spag bol last night.
  • Options
    dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig wrote: »
    Speaking of cringworthy.

The Natwest advert, where they show how helpful and friendly the staff are.

They're are taking so much interest in their customers lives. Give a break!

Actually, I really don't get what they're trying to show with the latest 'Insurance' ads from Natwest.

"Come to Natwest, we have LEAFLETS!"

Erm, yeah big sell that it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    Actually, I really don't get what they're trying to show with the latest 'Insurance' ads from Natwest.

"Come to Natwest, we have LEAFLETS!"

Erm, yeah big sell that it.
    WOW LEAFLETS, not LEAFLETS, wow, I've always wanted them, how do I get them, how much are they, I'll bet that they're a bargain, I'll join just to get them,

yeah it is a bit over-the-top isn't
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    chindley wrote: »
    I quite like the Cravendale milk adverts, they're a little bit "out there" and crazy! Mmmmmm yummy!!

Have to agree, Cravendale ad's are very likeably odd indeed and very memorable too. Hasn't made me go and buy any of their MIILLLKKK though !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the new PC world one 'my world's none of your business!'

bloody hell love, didn't want to know anyway
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zippy289 wrote: »
    The Ped Egg from JML. It is utterly gross to see somebody empty out their foot shavings. :eek: It put me right off my parmesan when I had spag bol last night.

At least you know all the chefs in Italian restaurants have nice smooth feet. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.