The Whoonie Inn Patented Doctor Who Spoiler Thread(WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Comments

• dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping it's true...but I do wonder about people who "happen" to get talking to someone (especially at Uni)whose Uncle "happens" to work on BBC FX in Cardiff and who has clearly ignored the secrecy waiver they have signed to tell his nephew about mummified Cybermen...or am I just a cynical old Who fan? :o

I am always very sceptical

especially since my sister in law is at the Upper boat studios regularly (environmental health) and hasnt given me one peice of juicy information
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am always very sceptical

especially since my sister in law is at the Upper boat studios regularly (environmental health) and hasnt given me one peice of juicy information

AND?????????

Embuggerance - misread hasnt for has :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    AND?????????

Embuggerance - misread hasnt for has :o:o

bahaha

you know me...if i know, you ALL know lol
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it completely ridiculous that I'm genuinely pleased about that?
    I found it quite sad when River Song shot his last one, what a bitch :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    Is it completely ridiculous that I'm genuinely pleased about that?
    I found it quite sad when River Song shot his last one, what a bitch :D
    Those were my exact words lol
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Speculation on Gallifrey Base suggests that the Cybus-men may have been deleted after the cracks closing in TBB. Exciting news if true :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. Now, I'm trying to ask this without reading the spoilers, but is there anyway we could get the forum support to keep this thread up so that ALL spoilers can be placed in here? That way, people who don't want to find out about the series are safe from people placing revealing information in thread titles.

Thanks!
    Forum Member
    http://img715.imageshack.us/f/dw30.jpg/

What's happened to the sonic?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speculation on Gallifrey Base suggests that the Cybus-men may have been deleted after the cracks closing in TBB. Exciting news if true :D

I'd have trouble believing Moffat would "delete" an element of RTD continuity, I'd guess he'd consider that rude. Especially given he can just ignore them if he wants (like the time war).
    Forum Member
    Ah, sorry, I meant it in a different way :o

Posters are speculating that the Cybus-men have been removed from our universe due to the closing of the cracks, so that they are back in the parallel universe.

This would suggest tat the cybusmen in TPO came through a crack, which would make sense :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just noticed a spoiler thread bringing me the amazing news of the return of the fez! I'm so behind with the times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://img715.imageshack.us/f/dw30.jpg/

What's happened to the sonic?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

IMAGE REMOVED :(

Could you describe the picture???
    Forum Member
    Aww, dammit!

Oh, well.

The picture was of Michael Gambon & Katherine Jenkins in ACC. KJ is holding 11's sonic, with the top ripped off (the clawed bit.) The sonic is wired up to something in the background.

So sad :(:(:(
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Ah, sorry, I meant it in a different way :o

Posters are speculating that the Cybus-men have been removed from our universe due to the closing of the cracks, so that they are back in the parallel universe.

This would suggest tat the cybusmen in TPO came through a crack, which would make sense :)

Were they the same though? As the Cybusmen were only the brains incased in metal, but the cyberman in TPO quite clearly had a skull...

Or was it just for dramatic licence?

(fwiw - my feelings are it's the second...)
  • FacepalmerFacepalmer Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Were they the same though? As the Cybusmen were only the brains incased in metal, but the cyberman in TPO quite clearly had a skull...

Or was it just for dramatic licence?

(fwiw - my feelings are it's the second...)

I think I remember in the Torchwood episode with Ianto's Cybergirlfriend it was mentioned that the Cybusmen started producing partial conversions onto human skeletons (I think, don't delete me if I'm wrong!).
    Also the 'Torchwood Institute' website says most of the humans who were cyber-converted were either pulled into the void, or had their cyber-components wrenched from them, those whose components originated from "this side" of the void were left behind. The Cyberman in TPO could be one of these.
    Forum Member
    Facepalmer wrote: »
    I think I remember in the Torchwood episode with Ianto's Cybergirlfriend it was mentioned that the Cybusmen started producing partial conversions onto human skeletons (I think, don't delete me if I'm wrong!).
    Also the 'Torchwood Institute' website says most of the humans who were cyber-converted were either pulled into the void, or had their cyber-components wrenched from them, those whose components originated from "this side" of the void were left behind. The Cyberman in TPO could be one of these.

So basically done for dramatic licence then! In Lisa's case, I think it was to turn cybermen sexy, as everything was in Torchwood!
  • FacepalmerFacepalmer Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    So basically done for dramatic licence then! In Lisa's case, I think it was to turn cybermen sexy, as everything was in Torchwood!

Oh definitely! Although, there's something sexy about the original robot, Maria, in the film Metropolis. Especially considering it was made in 1926!
    http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/2010/05/26/rotfalse.jpg

Or is it just me? :D
    Forum Member
    Facepalmer wrote: »
    Oh definitely! Although, there's something sexy about the original robot, Maria, in the film Metropolis. Especially considering it was made in 1926!
    http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/2010/05/26/rotfalse.jpg

Or is it just me? :D

As female robots go, I think she's right up there (with Arcee, of course...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so excited

Marshall Lancaster will appearing in The Rebel Flesh and Gangers as a character called Buzzer

I loved him in LOM and A2A
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    I am so excited

Marshall Lancaster will appearing in The Rebel Flesh and Gangers as a character called Buzzer

I loved him in LOM and A2A

Excellent! Now LoM and A2A are done, I expect to see full crossovers! Alex Drake as the Rani! Ray as a grizzled UNIT commander! Gene as Omega! Shaz as Ace's daughter!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent! Now LoM and A2A are done, I expect to see full crossovers! Alex Drake as the Rani! Ray as a grizzled UNIT commander! Gene as Omega! Shaz as Ace's daughter!

definitely - especially alex drake - get her back as the rani then kill her off (didnt like her lol)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

been looking at that this morning

22 TARDISs (Or TARDII) lol

Hopefully they will be dotted around different places for christmas (like the one on Caerphilly castle lastt year)
    Forum Member
    Okay, so the rumours about "The Rebel Flesh" and "Gangers" are probably true.

The Doctor gets cloned. Looking forward to that :D

Linky: www.doctorwhospoilers.com/2011/