Options

Bloody Annoying WeightWatchers Advert

steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whats the deal with this overly long advert that wastes time.

Its fair to long and they expect me to believe their not actors? Rubbish!

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of many new years special adverts. :/
  • Options
    nightporternightporter Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe some of them aren't dancers.
  • Options
    .Dozy Rosie.Dozy Rosie Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its the one I think you mean ..I actually pressed my ..errr middle button. to find out what is on now....too long for an advert!!!!
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could tell it would be awful from those ghastly teasers they were running in the lead up to the premiere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It certainly is cringeworthy, not helping their cause at all
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again i seem to be a lone voice..i really like it.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen it (luckily)
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha Dixon wrote the song for the advert. It's part of her musical comeback bid - she's also leaving her job of judge on Strictly Come Dancing and joining Simon Cowell's ' Britain's Got Talent '.
  • Options
    jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha Dixon wrote the song for the advert. It's part of her musical comeback bid - she's leaving her job of judge on Strictly Come Dancing and joining Simon Cowell's ' Britain's Got Talent '.

Not a bad song i must say/.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why have they picked AD to front the campaign??
  • Options
    pastanuttypastanutty Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Because she's skinny...
    no fat people in that advert...
    no before and after pictures...
    fits in with the governments ideals of what people should be like...
    if your not skinny your not happy...
    therefore you'll die young if your fat and not be able to pay tax to pay off the countrys £100000000000000 debt... :)
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just turned it over.
    All I find with that sort of advert is that it's more annoying than normal and it puts me off the company advertising more than normal. Hate having things shoved down my throat in an annoying manner.
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon wrote the song for the advert. It's part of her musical comeback bid - she's also leaving her job of judge on Strictly Come Dancing and joining Simon Cowell's ' Britain's Got Talent '.
    you can tell she wrote it

its sh*te
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It goes on and on and on and on and on ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pastanutty wrote: »
    Because she's skinny...
    no fat people in that advert...
    no before and after pictures...
    fits in with the governments ideals of what people should be like...
    if your not skinny your not happy...
    therefore you'll die young if your fat and not be able to pay tax to pay off the countrys £100000000000000 debt... :)

Typical of TV weightwatchers is for people who are overweight hence the name. Its disguisting its full of skinny models.

Id like to know how companies like Evans and choice can justify theirselves with these 18-32 sizes and feature skinny girls.
  • Options
    Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    I could tell it would be awful from those ghastly teasers they were running in the lead up to the premiere.

It's a bloody miserable world we're living in when adverts have "teasers" and "premieres".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She cant sing anyway! Bloody reality stars all pretty looks and no singing talent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I took part in the advert, and can assure everyone who thinks that they used models and actors that they they did not. Our names were put forward by our class Leaders to the casting agency, who then got in touch with us and our WeightWatchers area managers to check that the details we had given were correct and we were active members. Then thousands of members from across the country auditioned for the part, which involved having an on camera interview about our weight loss/lives and singing a song of your choice from a list, into a hairbrush, and dancing around the room like a top notch prat ;)

I know many who weren't successful, and a few who were. I was lucky enough to be selected, and it was a bloody fantastic experience. 2 years ago I would never have thought I'd be 6 stone lighter and taking part in a music video/national TV campaign.

Those saying that the advert is full of skinny people - that is generally what happens when you follow a successful weight loss plan. What would be peoples response if WW stuck a load of fat people on TV to promote their company?
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    She cant sing anyway! Bloody reality stars all pretty looks and no singing talent.
    Were Mystique ( I know that's not how you spell it, but I'm not sure what the correct spelling is !) a reality show group ? I thought they got together 'naturally'

I'm pretty ambivalent towards the advert, but not sure why it's criticised for being too long - most adverts are pretty rubbish, so makes no difference whether it's Weight Watchers or whoever else. Gives me a good chance to get a nice cup of tea & piece of cake
  • Options
    regentvregentv Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    The Morris Minor is the best thing in the advert.
  • Options
    Sapphire SunSapphire Sun Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with this overly long advert that wastes time.

Its fair to long and they expect me to believe their not actors? Rubbish!

And it has that hideous boil known as Aleesa Dixon. Why can't she disappear up her ass and give us a rest from her fake and patronising crap.