Options

When you wake up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
Forum Member
What is the first thing you think?

Just in those first few seconds, are you aware of your brain stumbling around? I know sometimes it take a few minutes for everything to come flooding back, what day it is, things to do....etc

i am curious about this, and any theories peeps might have as I have something strange happening at the moment.

For the last three mornings, I have woken at the the alarm and reached over to hit sleep, and everything is the opposite way around, the alam clock on the right, when it sits on the left. I hit sleep and 5 minutes later, it is the same. All like a mirror image.
This happens twice and it was only yesterday, the second day, that I realised it had happened before. Now three days running....my theory is it is still a dream, and as I am waking, I remember it, but I am interested in why it is a mirror image, I wonder if it is something to do with the sides of the brain etc..but clearly know little about this!

Any suggestions??

Comments

• Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel and appear to think normally. I don't even feel sleepy most days. Just look at the clock and decide if it's time to get out of bed or not. It usually is.
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually trying to figure out who/where I am. Even though I always wake up in the same place. Goodness knows what my brain is doing! :D
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I normally think "ohh god is it that time already, go away and shut up cat". After all who needs an alarm clock when you have a cat that wants feeding at 5.30am.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you

:eek:

Only if you walk 500 miles!
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got an erection, what to do with it:eek:
  • Options
    modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wake up really tired but really alert. My brain switches on straight away and I know everything that's going on, that went on, that will be going on -- I just really want to go back to sleep! Sadly, once I'm awake, then I'm awake, even if I do have the time for a lie-in.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Where's the snooze button?
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I need to go to the toilet........

You'll understand later in life.............:(
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dreamt last night that my beloved little dog had died in my arms following an operation on her heart. Woke up devastated only to find that she had got into bed next to me and was snoring under the covers. Tried to give her the biggest cuddle ever but she wasn't interested, she just ran off to find a bone to chew.
  • Options
    vicktrickvicktrick Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    first thing i think is what's my blood sugar? and then test it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I need to go to the toilet........

You'll understand later in life.............:(

It's fekkn freezing!! I understand that now!!

• Options
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    I dreamt last night that my beloved little dog had died in my arms following an operation on her heart. Woke up devastated only to find that she had got into bed next to me and was snoring under the covers. Tried to give her the biggest cuddle ever but she wasn't interested, she just ran off to find a bone to chew.

Aaaawwwww .....dreams like that stay with you too, you can't shake that awful sadness. I've woke up crying from similar. All I can say is, I lost one of my beloved animals start of December and am still devastated, but if and when bad things happen, we stay strong and get through it, we deal with it for who is left. Sometime the dread and fear is just what we beat ourselves up over.

((((hugs))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    I got an erection, what to do with it:eek:

...if you haven't worked that one out by now......

Have you tried "Googling" it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... before I put on my makeup? I say a little prayer for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually sleep well, so most mornings I wake up and don't want to get out of bed, strangely I run through what would happen if I did get up and by the time I've done that I've fallen back to sleep :)
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaaawwwww .....dreams like that stay with you too, you can't shake that awful sadness. I've woke up crying from similar. All I can say is, I lost one of my beloved animals start of December and am still devastated, but if and when bad things happen, we stay strong and get through it, we deal with it for who is left. Sometime the dread and fear is just what we beat ourselves up over.

((((hugs))))

Awww thank you! I didn't expect any nice replies, just ones saying i'm dirty for letting the dog sleep in my bed (I know I am lol). Sorry to hear about your loss and to have reminded you of it, animals can be so loving and innocent that makes it doubly sad when they die :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to face the world or do anything and usually say "FFS" :( when I get up

Life's crap for me at the moment
  • Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    I recently wake up fantasizing about getting off with a co-worker and try to hang on for that little bit longer before reality comes crashing back down with the alarm.
  • Options
    littlemadangellittlemadangel Posts: 4,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually my first thought is; "That time already? Do I really have to go to work..I dont wanna get up."
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Usually "oh jesus not this shit again"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my first thought is usually.......err ok what day is it? do I need to get up and go to work? and if so, am I late?

followed closely....... how long can I stay in this bed for, without being late for wherever it is I need to be!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First thing I think is I need to fart.
  • Options
    Dangerous.DaveDangerous.Dave Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "****....MY BACK...AGHHHH" then thoughts of how I can make it to the toilet with minimum pain involved.

Long. long gone are the days when I would spring out of bed.
  • Options
    Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Long. long gone are the days when I would spring out of bed.

Maybe that's what caused it. Springing out of bed.