Options

Strictly Come Dancing: A New Look [series 3]

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭
Okay, so I've had ideas for a cast that I finally want to put together to make a Series 3 for My Strictly. And really, in the end my train of thought was that the only way I can make a new thread with it not looking too annoying is to revamp it, switch things up again, and give it a new look.

So that's what I'm going to do. I've already done two series, with Jodie Prenger and Natalie Gumede as past winners, and now, I just want to finish it off. It's the new revolution of Strictly, so get ready for one big competition.

I'll be announcing the cast tonight, likely, but it's not going to be your usual cast announcement I'd hope - I'll try and make things a bit different to make this thread worthwhile. Really, I have to finish this one!

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strictly Come Dancing is keeping up with its 'new look' - by culling HALF of their professional dancers, The Daily Star can reveal.

Sources told the Star that long-time pros - such as Anton Du Beke and Erin Boag - have been ditched in order for younger, hotter dancers.

Also ditched from the show is long-running couple Vincent Simone and Flavia Cacace, while previous winner Aliona Vilani, and last year's champion, Shem Jacobs, have also been cut. The final pro cut is Katya Virshilas.

Replacing these names are Danse avec les stars (the French version of Strictly) professionals, Maxime Dereymez and Candice Pascal, while Australian pros Luda Kroitor and Carmelo Pizzino are joining the roster. Completing the list is Iveta Lukosiute, who stood in to dance with Johnny Ball recently, while James and Ola Jordan are back after a one-series hiatus.

The BBC have also added new blood to their house band, with former American Idol finalist and now Burn The Floor lead vocalist Vonzell Solomon becoming one of the new singers.

Series 3 professionals
    Artem Chigvintsev & Karen Hauer
    Robin Windsor & Kristina Rihanoff
    Pasha Kovalev & Iveta Lukosiute
    Brendan Cole & Natalie Lowe
    James Jordan & Ola Jordan
    Maxime Dereymez & Candice Pascal
    Carmelo Pizzino & Luda Kroiter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop prince Olly Murs is wanted for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, it has been revealed.

The singer, 29, is thought to have been offered an offer 'he couldn't refuse' after leaving rival show The X Factor's spin-off.

The show's second couple after Gabby and Kenny Logan is also in the frame, show insiders have hinted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This may look like one of my abandoned Series 3s again, but I've planned the cast for a while and there's been a lack of rumors due to my lack of...well, computer. :p But I'll get back up to scratch soon, just to let you all know I'm not leaving it like this. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dance singer CeCe Peniston is thought to have been approached for the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, it has been said.

The recording artist, 43, who is best known for her number 2 single 'Finally' in 1991, has also had a top 10 UK album and covered the soul number 'Somebody Else's Guy' by Jocelyn Brown, and is said to have campaigned for a spot in the line-up after seeing how it helped fellow former pop star Deborah Gibson revive her career.

It is thought that a younger female American singer is also to be in the line-up, however, meaning Peniston's chances may not be as high unless producers decided to have both.

Other rumoured names for the new season is Olly Murs, and an un-named couple, speculated to be Jamie and Louise Redknapp or Kevin Pietersen and Jessica Taylor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desperate Housewives star Nicollete Sheridan has signed for a role on Strictly Come Dancing, it has been leaked.

The English-born actress turned Hollywood starlet is thought to want to take a new direction, and hopes to reach further than good friend Natasha Henstridge last series.

Meanwhile, it's thought that Jamie and Louise Redknapp, who were lined up to take part, have pulled out for unknown reasons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strictly Come Dancing producers have promised a sexier line-up than ever before, The Daily Star can announce.

After we recently revealed that the pro line-up was being shaken up, it's now thought that the celebrities will be bursting at the seams of the tiny costumes this year.

Previously rumoured Nicollete Sheridan supposedly failed to reach contractual obligations and has refused to be part of the 14-strong line-up, which is being revealed later this evening.

It is thought that Kimberly Stewart, reality TV star, daughter of legendary singer Rod Stewart and hook-up of One Direction's Harry Styles recently, may have been convinced by celebrity friends to accept an offer to take part, while for the men, R&B singer Craig David is rumoured after making the headlines for his controversially ripped body.

However, it won't be full of models, with one source saying - "we don't want it to look like we're at the London Fashion Week every night. There will be some great looking guys and girls, but we've also got one of the most eccentric characters in soap operas who promises to be a mix of previous contestants Russell Grant and Christopher Biggins, while we may have found our new John Sergeant at the same time!"

It is thought that Stewart and David will join singers CeCe Peniston and Olly Murs in the line-up at this current moment, but with the line-up being changed almost every day, it is unknown if the cast is completely finalised yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly Murs has shot down the rumours that he will be taking part on Strictly Come Dancing on his Twitter page.

Murs took to the site to say that 'he thinks it's a great show and all the female dancers are lovely, but he wants to focus on his music career this year'.

However, a new rumour has emerged speculating the show's first dancer in George Sampson. 19 year-old Waterloo Road star and Britain's Got Talent winner Sampson is a street dancer but with no Ballroom or Latin experience, will have the same amount of training as everybody else.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    At this rate, I'm surprised the Daily Star aren't reporting the Tesspit is now a SEXED UP SHAG DEN or similar. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At this rate, I'm surprised the Daily Star aren't reporting the Tesspit is now a SEXED UP SHAG DEN or similar. ;)

That's obviously coming next. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    That's obviously coming next. ;)

Poor Wilnelia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new line-up of Strictly Come Dancing is led by Skyfall actress Berenice Marlohe, R&B singer Craig David and Dynasty star Linda Evans.

Also taking part in the new series is socialite Kimberly Stewart, Aussie pop star Peter Andre and politician, Eric Pickles, while representing Sweden is football player and model, Freddie Ljungberg.

Previously rumored names CeCe Peniston and George Sampson also join the line-up, while EastEnders' younger generation while be held up by David Witts and Danielle Harold.

Completing the list is R&B singer Jamelia, The Gadget Show's Suzi Perry and Coronation Street actor Malcolm Hebden.

Meanwhile, rumours have circulated that Len Goodman is taking the series off to spend more time in the US and to focus on Stateside Strictly, which a return is being planned for. It joins the rumour of Mel B's departure after two years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Malcolm. >
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric ftw :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malcolm. >
    winter99 wrote: »
    Eric ftw :)

We could be in for a very interesting final at this rate. :eek: :D
  • Options
    SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freddie <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paula Abdul and Derek Hough have been announced as the new judges on Strictly Come Dancing.

The pop singer and Dancing with the Stars professional will both replace Mel B and Len Goodman respectively, it has been confirmed, with Craig Revel Horwood taking Goodman's role as head judge for the series.

Goodman released a statement saying that 'he has enjoyed almost a decade of Strictly, but still as a newlywed wants to travel and experience more time with his family'. He also commends his replacement in Hough, saying 'it's great to have a youthful person on the panel who completely knows what he's talking about'.

Meanwhile, Mel B confirmed her departure after two years on Twitter due to becoming a judge on America's Got Talent, saying that 'it's been a great two years but it's time to move on.'. Abdul is yet to comment on her new role, but is expected to be a great judge after her appearance as a guest judge on Dancing with the Stars in the past.

Meanwhile, Bruce Forsyth's departure as a host is confirmed, with Claudia Winkleman joining Tess Daly as main hosts.

The launch show will air on Saturday, June 22.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fact-files on the new judges and celebrities will be up tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Paula Abdul and Derek Hough have been announced as the new pros on Strictly Come Dancing.

Paula's a bit old for a pro, isn't she?...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paula's a bit old for a pro, isn't she?...

Edited. :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to have to do this :D but since I spent a lot longer on rumour season this time around (a week, to be exact) I think instead of waiting around ANOTHER week, I'll do the launch show tonight. Then, I can kick off from there, have updates in the week and have the first shows on Friday/Saturday. :)

Fact-files will be posted after tonight's launch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 1: Cha-Cha-Cha or Waltz (14 remaining)
    Week 2: Jive or Foxtrot (13 remaining)
    Week 3: Rumba or Tango (12 remaining)
    Week 4: Samba or Quickstep (11 remaining)
    Week 5: Charleston or Viennese Waltz (10 remaining)
    Week 6: Paso Doble or American Smooth (9 remaining)
    Week 7: Salsa or Argentine Tango (8 remaining)
    Week 8: Unlearned Dance and Cha-Cha-Cha Marathon (7 remaining)
    Week 9: Unlearned Dance and Team Dances (6 remaining)
    Week 10: Unlearned Dance and Trio Dance (5 remaining)
    Week 11: Unlearned Dance and Voted Style (4 remaining)
    Week 12: Unlearned Dance, Redemption Dance, Freestyle (3 remaining)
    Week 12 Part 2: Instant Dance and Favorite Dance (2 remaining)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Launch show in 45 minutes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPBBt7wW6gM

Hello and welcome to the launch show of the new-look series of Strictly Come Dancing! Tonight, we'll be pairing up our celebrities with our professional dancers, and who knows what will happen from there! You've met our professionals, and welcomed our new ones - Iveta, Maxime, Candice, Carmelo and Luda, and of course, a welcome to Dave Arch, his orchestra and the Strictly singers - Tommy, Andrea, Lance, Hayley and Vonzell!

Time to get onto the launch show now, and let's start off by introducing our first three male contestants - Craig David, Malcolm Hebden and Freddie Ljungberg!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig David
    Craig David made a name for himself back in 2000, when his debut album Born to Do It, which remains one of the biggest selling albums by an R&B artist ever, and was also voted the second greatest album of all time - only behind Michael Jackson's Thriller! Since then, Craig has spent his days songwriting for the Backstreet Boys and DJing at his penthouse in America - the high life, eh? He hopes to be taking the Strictly trophy back home with.. NATALIE LOWE!

Malcolm Hebden
    Malcolm Hebden actually joined the cast of Coronation Street as a different character back in 1974, but it wasn't until 1994 that he got his big break as fan favourite, Norris Cole. He left the role for a while, however, returning in 1999, and has won the Inside Soap Award for Funniest Character twice. But he hopes he can do more than make you laugh on Strictly, and the dancer hoping to take him to the distance is... CANDICE PASCAL!

Freddie Ljungberg
    He's been playing football since he began walking, so dancing should be a walk in the park for Freddie - or shall we say, the pitch? Not only has he played for teams such as Arsenal and West Ham United, but he was also the captain for his national team Sweden, making 75 caps for them. He's recently retired, so maybe it's time for him to put his full attention into Strictly, and the woman helping him with this is... KRISTINA RIHANOFF!

And now, it's time to meet our first three women - Suzi Perry, Kimberly Stewart and Danielle Harold!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzi Perry
    Suzi began her career working as a glamour model in Japan, so she's hoping to be more like Lisa Snowdon and less like Jerry Hall this series! While she covers programmes such as Wimbledon, the Olympics and the London Marathon, she also presented The Gadget Show for eight years, so she's hoping to get her partner up to date! And who is her partner? It's BRENDAN COLE!

Kimberly Stewart
    She grew up in Los Angeles as the daughter of power couple Rod and Alana Stewart, so Kimberly's life was always going to be a different one! She's not only modelled for Vogue magazine and Tommy Hilfiger jeans, but she's also a talented violinist and pianist, and does plenty of humanitarian work - a lot for a socialite, don't you think? She hopes she can add dancing to her resume, with our new pro... MAXIME DEREYMEZ!

Danielle Harold
    Danielle was offered to go to Cambridge University not long ago, but she decided to take the gamble and go to acting school instead. It obviously paid off, as she's now starring in the BBC's most famous show, EastEnders. And she even became the second British soap actress to portray giving birth live on air - all this before she can even buy alcohol! Let's hope she can break some records in dancing with her new co-star... PASHA KOVALEV!

So, half of our stars have been paired up - let's break things up a bit, with a musical performance from the stars of the musical, Once - performing Falling Slowly, it's Declan Bennett and Zrinka Cvitešić!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8h7vKtxqw