Doolally

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
Forum Member
Had 'Lady Gaga' invented herself as 'Lady Doolally', do you think she would have enjoyed the same success?

Daily Mail reports
"The Bad Romance star defended her choice to let friend Millie Brown stick her finger down her throat and vomit a revolting-looking green substance all over Gaga while singing her song Swine.
'I guess we weren't completely surprised. Millie and I know that not everybody's going to love that performance,' the 27-year-old singer told TV presenter Savannah Guthrie.
'But we both really believe in artistic expression and strong identities,' she continued.
She added: 'Artpop is about bringing art and music together and the spirit of creative rebellion. For us, that performance was art in its purest form. But we totally understand that some people won't be into it.'

Is she really eccentric and different or just trying too hard to convince her audience that she has something to offer that we haven't already seen or heard?

Comments

• ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revolting little attention seeker.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    When 'art' becomes a tool to simply shock it becomes a parody, Lady gaga is basically a parody of herself.
    I do like some of her work though. The moves in 'Telephone' are pretty cool.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That performance made me smile, I have to say. They knew it would cause a stir. It does help that Swine is a brilliant song.