Options

Week 8: Favourite Couple

13»

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has been Rachel & Vincent each week up until now but went for Lisa & Brendan - amazed me yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Tom and Camilla - LIsa and Brendan second

still love jodie

find Austin and cherie d.u.l.l
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Cherie and James for me,,,she is the best !!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom and Camilla followed by Cherie and James.
  • Options
    lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom & Camilla, they defo deserved a 10 imo :)
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Austin was actually excellent for the first 30 seconds before the stumble unfortunately.

Loyal to the end, but I would give the best routine to Lisa, she was enchanting.

Even looking like one of those jewellery holders.:D
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/poll_results.html?poll_id=39129

If you can see it without being with yahoo - gives their order. Its very very different (actually reversed at top and bottom)Unfortunately the departures are following their poll pretty exactly not the DS one. Shows clearly who is most popular and going for the final unless things change - and it also suggests which of the top 5 dancers apart from Rachel is in danger. Not for the squeamish or anyone who doesn't want to see polls ( the poll adverse shouldn't be in a poll thread though .......)

Who knows why the polls are so different.
  • Options
    Cracklin RosieCracklin Rosie Posts: 3,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan and Lisa are my favourites now! I love watching them dance together and cannot wait for their Samba on Saturday!!
  • Options
    DelightfulDelightful Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa and Brendan.
  • Options
    River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delightful wrote: »
    Lisa and Brendan.

I take it you might have had a punt on your favourites Delightful.

Your input on the betfair forum is very much missed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom & Camilla for me, their American Smooth was amazing, you can tell that Tom was doin' the ol' channeling of Fred there! :D Very entertaining to watch - deffo. the best dance for me.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Tom & Camilla for me, their American Smooth was amazing, you can tell that Tom was doin' the ol' channeling of Fred there! :D Very entertaining to watch - deffo. the best dance for me.

But they did the Quickstep this week :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they did the Quickstep this week :confused:

Whoops, sorry! So they did, sorry! Mind is not with it today, I am at work! :( I cant concentrate! Have to post when boss isn't 'bout! :eek:
    Nonetheless they were still my fave couple on the night!! :)
  • Options
    bridgertonbridgerton Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Lisa and Brendan this week - the Viennese Waltz was absolutely fabulous! Also really liking Jodie and Ian.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom&Camilla, though I'm also liking Austin&Erin at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    Even looking like one of those jewellery holders.:D

Ha yes I can see it now you mention it:D
  • Options
    Golden anemoneGolden anemone Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you can see it without being with yahoo - gives their order. Its very very different (actually reversed at top and bottom)Unfortunately the departures are following their poll pretty exactly not the DS one. Shows clearly who is most popular and going for the final unless things change - and it also suggests which of the top 5 dancers apart from Rachel is in danger. Not for the squeamish or anyone who doesn't want to see polls ( the poll adverse shouldn't be in a poll thread though .......)

One thing I would say against this poll is unlike the DS poll it doesn't restrict the number of votes that can be made by each person or from each IP address. On the other hand we can vote as many times as we like or can afford for the show so maybe it's more representative for that reason. :confused:
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    hehe loving lisa and brendan!! q
  • Options
    pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    I didn't vote for anyone last week (or the week before) but if I'd voted on saturday, it would have been for Lisa.

One thing I would say against this poll is unlike the DS poll it doesn't restrict the number of votes that can be made by each person or from each IP address. On the other hand we can vote as many times as we like or can afford for the show so maybe it's more representative for that reason. :confused:

I don't think that yahoo poll is representative as it is cumulative. So when Cherie topped the leaderboard 2 shows in a row, all the votes cast for her then are still showing up on that poll whereas on the real show votes aren't carried over. The contestants who have been voted out are no longer getting votes for obvious reasons, which explains their low number of votes, although it does tell us that they weren't hugely popular.

Last year a similar yahoo poll had Kelly in first place, Alesha in 2nd place and Dom Littlewood in 3rd place, with the rest of the pack hardly featuring...
  • Options
    Golden anemoneGolden anemone Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »

I don't think that yahoo poll is representative as it is cumulative. So when Cherie topped the leaderboard 2 shows in a row, all the votes cast for her then are still showing up on that poll whereas on the real show votes aren't carried over. The contestants who have been voted out are no longer getting votes for obvious reasons, which explains their low number of votes, although it does tell us that they weren't hugely popular.

Last year a similar yahoo poll had Kelly in first place, Alesha in 2nd place and Dom Littlewood in 3rd place, with the rest of the pack hardly featuring...

That is so obvious now that you've pointed it out I'm :o I didn't see it. Thanks pasodabble.
  • Options
    casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Tom and Camilla are the best couple by far. They should win. (Maybe I'm biased as I put £20 on them week 2 into the show)

Lisa & Brendan are my 2nd faves.
  • Options
    musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    Come on lisa and brendan...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel and Vincent for me... Wow!