Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTT boards really have gone downhill.

Yeah, its all those people getting off on allerting the mods
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    This is discussion of illegal activity, which is not allowed on DigitalSpy.

Mods alerted.

Gdb :)

Quick tell the mods, i think i am guilty of thoughtcrime.
  • vuittionvuittion Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For god's sake, you say something on here and it is rammed down your throat for all etenity. The DTT boards really have gone downhill. Heven help you if you make a mistake.

I have already given an apology to the person in question, what else do you want me to do? What else CAN I do?

The only person who has cause for complaint is the original poster!

Vuittion, I thought you were nice, obviously your true colours are showing. Everyone else got over the fact that the first couple of posters had picked up the question wrong, but you had to contradict your own post by posting even more 'b******t'.

This is my last post in Digital Terrestirial. If anyone needs me for help on the GDB2 or Digital Terrestrial in general and are willing not to ram everything I say down my throat if I make a mistake then I am willing to help.

To be honest I couldn't care less if I'm banned, I'm obviously not worthy to be among the race of superhumans that visit here who never ever make mistakes.

Also, I don't know what you're laughing at, because I for one certainly don't find it funny.

Gdb

the reason for the laughter was the way you started your thread "This is discussion of illegal activity" really is there any need for that the guy was clearly a newbie and in the end he didn't even mean what was written,I have nothing against you or anybody on here I just get a little peed of when people jump down other people's throats on here,it really did back fire on you that's all,nothing personal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tired to avoid this, but no one could keep their childish comments to themselves, so:

Quote:

Yeah, its all those people getting off on allerting the mods

Hilarious. Maybe it's posts such as the one I have quoted that are bringing the forums downhill, as they are pointless and unneccesary, especially after I have already been flamed repeatedly.

Quote:
    Quick tell the mods, i think i am guilty of thoughtcrime.

Again, how childish and petty. Why don't you pick on one of the other posters who said it was illegal activity?

Quote:
    the reason for the laughter was the way you started your thread "This is discussion of illegal activity" really is there any need for that the guy was clearly a newbie and in the end he didn't even mean what was written,I have nothing against you or anybody on here I just get a little peed of when people jump down other people's throats on here,it really did back fire on you that's all,nothing personal.

You could have fooled me. If it was nothing personal, why did you quote my post and mock? It was quite uneccesary.

Since I'm obviously not wanted here I'll leave all of you to your 'perfect' forums that are actually full of people who are obnoxious and have nothing better to do than mock me.

And since I got blamed for taking the forums downhill, what about the pointless posts in this thread? So that doesn't count towards taking the forums downhill...?

I hate this place now thanks to a few users who are 'sanctimonious busy bodies', ie who just pick on others.

Goodbye DigitalSpy. You won't be missed. (Thanks to some users mind, not the staff or site itself.)

Gdb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    ^ this is the exact reason i did it, you were the one who i thought would be easyest to provoke.

Alas i was right...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what exactly was the point?

Hmm... just proves my point about the pointless post. And theres me thinking the forums were for sensible debate, not for members to annoy people...

Gdb
  • ThanhukThanhuk Posts: 8,433
    Forum Member
    gormo wrote:
    ^ this is the exact reason i did it, you were the one who i thought would be easyest to provoke.

Alas i was right...

And, thats a good enough reason becuase....

Does not make any sense. I have now reported you to the mods, about you trying to get on someone else's nerves and it clearly has show it to be true.

Please can we stop the bitching, as its getting really boring. And this is down to stupid users who have low post counts, becuase they hardly ever contribute to the growth of the site. If you want to be respected, then go about doing it in the right way. Not stupid posts like that.

Thanh
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't it nice to know that you have taken a perfectly good, misunderstood post and ridicule, yet causing a perfectly sound, reasoned, polite, intelligent, kind and caring member to leave the boards?

Does it make you feel big?

Dan
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Thanhuk wrote:
    And this is down to stupid users who have low post counts, becuase they hardly ever contribute to the growth of the site.

And what have post counts got to do with the price of fish? It's the quality of posts that counts, not quantity. I've yet to see any correlation on any forum, anywhere between the number of posts and quality.....
    What about when someone first registers...do they not know what they are talking about?
  • qpw3141qpw3141 Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote:
    And what have post counts got to do with the price of fish? It's the quality of posts that counts, not quantity. I've yet to see any correlation on any forum, anywhere between the number of posts and quality.....
    What about when someone first registers...do they not know what they are talking about?
    Just because some stupid users have low psot counts doesn't mean that all people with low post counts are stupid.

The poster was just pointing out that someone who had been very helpful to others, making many posts over a period of time, had been ousted by someone who had made less of a contribution to the site.

It's true that the original post by GDB2 was a little OTT, but he had the good grace to apologise when he realised his mistake, but was continualy hounded.

One hopes he'll take a few days off, and reconsider his decision.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These boards need sorting out anyway - people getting banned for protesting against action taken against him and asking why this action was taken against him, people alterting the mods all the time and posting that they have, (all you have to do is click alert and ignore the thread!!!) freeview and top up tv discussion mixed up in one message board.

BTW fv-burnley is still awaiting the reply to his complaint about being banned - you have to laugh - the guy was banned for holding a one man protest because his thread was closed because someone complained about it because they didnt like the way the debate was going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell, got intrested in the title of the topic, came to read and its like WW3 in here, i think some people are being a bit over the top in here ! GET A LIFE ITS A FORUM. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    And what exactly was the point?

Hmm... just proves my point about the pointless post. And theres me thinking the forums were for sensible debate, not for members to annoy people...

Gdb

Dammit man! I thought you'd gone already!
    uknetfreak wrote:
    Hmm ... not entirely true ;-)

Tell me more, uknetfreak. I did an MA in cryptography and SECA 2 was a good example of the "brute force" method of cracking. Is this what you're referring to? In which case you can say the same of any method of encryption, however an inelegant process it may be. I must admit I'm a little out of touch with these things now - still, GSM got "done" recently too, so anything's possible....

Now this is an interesting topic!
  • Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Woah, woah, woah! That's quite enough.

This kind of bickering and nastiness is really not needed and is certainly not helpful.

Thread closed.

Beth.
This discussion has been closed.