Options

dsGB : Call Of Duty PS3 Clan : Sign Up : Group Discussion : (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel9624 wrote: »
    IcyJo you are a capturing legend!!
    S&D i always consider the toughest and scariest game mode, you can feel like a real let down if you are the only one left alive, and cock it up (which i have done alot!)
    Stealth seems to generaly be the best form of play in that mode, running and gunning draws too much attention and even if you do get a kill it lets anyone else on the other team know where you are.

Wow thank you very much daniel lol

When we played S&D (only one game I think I was so bad lol) it seemed like we had only just started and twice I found myself last man standing and felt a complete prat lol I got myself in a panic and was praying some one would shoot me to put me out of my misery.

I havent played stealth either, I tended to stick to deathmatch until I joined you lot, then discovered my fave S&D. I am going to go now and have a quick few practices on the other games whilst my son is playing outside (what a bad mother am I lol).
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    icelady wrote: »
    Wow thank you very much daniel lol

When we played S&D (only one game I think I was so bad lol) it seemed like we had only just started and twice I found myself last man standing and felt a complete prat lol I got myself in a panic and was praying some one would shoot me to put me out of my misery.

I havent played stealth either, I tended to stick to deathmatch until I joined you lot, then discovered my fave S&D. I am going to go now and have a quick few practices on the other games whilst my son is playing outside (what a bad mother am I lol).

I always play SnD. A couple of my tactics;

1) Always use a suppressor attachment
    2)I use Ghost, Sleight of hand and ninja (got me out many a situation)
    3) Always check your corners before progressing
    4) Use claymores
    5) Most importantly- try not to run in an open area
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always play SnD. A couple of my tactics;

1) Always use a suppressor attachment
    2)I use Ghost, Sleight of hand and ninja (got me out many a situation)
    3) Always check your corners before progressing
    4) Use claymores
    5) Most importantly- try not to run in an open area

Some good pointers there DT, some I do some I don't:(

Like icelady I also enter panic mode when you hear "you are the last one left"
    Oh ffs:(

I used to hate S&D but it has grown on me, much prefer the clan only games though;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icelady wrote: »
    I havent played stealth either, I tended to stick to deathmatch until I joined you lot,

whilst my son is playing outside (what a bad mother am I lol).

Stealth was meant as the style of play instead of the usual run round like a crazed nutter armed up to the hilt on a madmans rampage:D

Yep very bad mother, no mothers day pressies for you:p:p lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth was meant as the style of play instead of the usual run round like a crazed nutter armed up to the hilt on a madmans rampage:D

Yep very bad mother, no mothers day pressies for you:p:p lol

OH lol see I am completely thick and a bad mother there is absolutely no hope for my children's future is there.

Dark was a bit pee'd off last night, he prestiged so obviously went back to the crappy gun and he was losing left right and centre, i took over and got him a load of challenges...he says it's because the wonkiness of the gun compensates for the wonkiness of how I play any way lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love DT's "tips", use most of them except i always forget the corners!!

Sorry you misunderstood the Stelth thing, should have made it clearer!

S&D can be scary as hell, i have more than felt sick waiting for the inevitable last man standing scenario, but the first time you manage to pull it off is epic!

Who's on tonight, other than the Comic Releif pair doing their sponsored COD (seriously we shoudl sponsor them!)
    I'll be on after i have met my Waterloo Road and Bones responsibilities!
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

S&D can be scary as hell, i have more than felt sick waiting for the inevitable last man standing scenario, but the first time you manage to pull it off is epic!

Who's on tonight, other than the Comic Releif pair doing their sponsored COD (seriously we shoudl sponsor them!)

ROFL. You're welcome to join us? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Forgot waterloo road was on tonight. I might come back to blops tonight as well:cool:
  • Options
    manc602manc602 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    So how do you sponsor PO and Paul?
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be on, as Chelsea vs Copenhagen doesn't really appeal to me. It is mid week as well so will be having a few jars and playing COD :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to join you but don't think i could swing it with the mentally ill people of Colchester!!
    My conscience will not allow me to take a sickie!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I would love to join you but don't think i could swing it with the mentally ill people of Colchester!!
    My conscience will not allow me to take a sickie!

haha i used to live in colchester moved about 12 years ago tho
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimzy1986 wrote: »
    haha i used to live in colchester moved about 12 years ago tho

I lived there for a week:D
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived there for a week:D

I drove within a mile of it once :cool:

Daniel are you saying that you work with the menatally ill, or that your employers are mentally ill:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychiatric Nurse working with not for mentally ill people lol
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The annoying thing with being last man in S&D is that you know that EVERYONE on your team is watching and probably commentating on your progress, or lack of. However everyone can make a balls of it. First thing I do when I hear "Its up to you now" is press select to see how many are left. If its one or two you have a half chance, but a whole team you can probably more or less forget it and just try your best to rack up a few kills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    The annoying thing with being last man in S&D is that you know that EVERYONE on your team is watching and probably commentating on your progress, or lack of. However everyone can make a balls of it. First thing I do when I hear "Its up to you now" is press select to see how many are left. If its one or two you have a half chance, but a whole team you can probably more or less forget it and just try your best to rack up a few kills.

It happened to me on MW2. I was last alive against a whole team, I thought I may as well just back out. I stayed in and killed their whole team in 20 seconds:cool: Damn I wish I'd have recorded that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to me on MW2. I was last alive against a whole team, I thought I may as well just back out. I stayed in and killed their whole team in 20 seconds:cool: Damn I wish I'd have recorded that.

cool. Though thats another reason MW2 isnt as good as Black Ops. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    OOOooo @Paul and @PO, I'll join you :d Plenty of time on my hands! That's if you want me? lol

And re S&D I panic like hell! Getting better at it, but it scares the hell out of me, especially knowing everyone else can see me being a prat. Especially when I'm doing my worm impression!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cool. Though thats another reason MW2 isnt as good as Black Ops. :p

What other reasons are there?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What other reasons are there?:rolleyes:

contracts, a team that cares (ok, more for 360 side), playercard design, zombies, wager matches. There is a lot really in my opinion of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    contracts, a team that cares (ok, more for 360 side), playercard design, zombies, wager matches. There is a lot really in my opinion of course.

This all well and good when the game works.

How often did MW2 encounter the amount of party problems that Blops had? Actually, still has?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This all well and good when the game works.

How often did MW2 encounter the amount of party problems that Blops had? Actually, still has?

yeah will give you that. :p

I also prefer the invite/join from XMB but overall I like BlackOps as a game. Its the best to date. Its a pity all the maps couldnt co-exist though. Would love to play some of the MW2 maps on BlackOps.

I have more online game time to date on this than I had with any other COD, though have no real desire to play the campaign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah will give you that. :p

I also prefer the invite/join from XMB but overall I like BlackOps as a game. Its the best to date. Its a pity all the maps couldnt co-exist though. Would love to play some of the MW2 maps on BlackOps.

That would be awesome. The problem with the Blops maps is they all feel too samey. Although, I'm a big fan of the new maps and really enjoy playing them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have more online game time to date on this than I had with any other COD, though have no real desire to play the campaign.

Would that have anything to do with the clan that we are part of?

I still prefer MW2 and always will as nothing ever compares to your first love:p