Am I the only one who thinks Dr Who is pants

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Yes!!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An episode of a programme, yes I agree. But there's a difference between saying (for example) 'Love and Monsters was a rubbish episode of Doctor Who, I hope it gets better next week 'cause that was shite' and 'Doctor Who sucks and should be pulled off air because it's rubbish and I don't even watch it'.

I don't watch Emmerdale, but I don't post in the soaps section about how much I hate it because, well, that would be incredibly pointless! But I might post about how I think 'Beer Bad' is a really bad Buffy episode because I have watched, and continue to watch Buffy.
    Correct, and what sets many such posts apart is that they are constructive, explaining exactly why the poster disliked whatever, adding to and widening the discussion. Single sentence posts like "I hate ...." or "XXX is shite" do nothing (other than possibly annoy).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Correct, and what sets many such posts apart is that they are constructive, explaining exactly why the poster disliked whatever, adding to and widening the discussion. Single sentence posts like "I hate ...." or "XXX is shite" do nothing (other than possibly annoy).

delete possibly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zasin wrote: »
    It's been suggested 100 times already, to have a sub-forum in the Cult TV section for the "Who-niverse", but Digital Spy always disagrees.
    Obviously they must have their reasons, and as I said before, it is their forum, they run it, so it is up to us to respect their decision.
    And the truth is, it's the fanatics that cause all the problems. The always come down on any forum member that questions an episode of DW, it's pathetic.

The simplest way to correct this divide in the Cult TV section is to just give the Who fans their own area to talk about DW to their hearts content.
    That would not solve the problem that you describe - that situation is still going to occur, probably more so as the postings (and fanatics) will be more concentrated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete possibly!
    or upgrade?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or upgrade?

do you have a coat? or can you just go? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you have a coat? or can you just go? :D
    Just waiting around in case emma30 wanders back in and needs a hand with her coat again :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just waiting around in case emma30 needs a hand with her coat again :D

Ok you can stay as your doing a service to the forum! :D
  • NEIL J JONESNEIL J JONES Posts: 7,115
    Forum Member
    b) It would advance the debate/discussion if the OP was to expand on why he/she feels that DW is pants/crap.

I just think its typical British Drival, most of my viewing is US based so when you go back and watch some UK stuff it really shows up how poor it is.

I am not slagging people who like it just that there are so many topics here on the forum, it hardly leaves enough room for anything decent to be disscussed. The mods should combine the lot into 1 big topic and put it somewhere else out of sight where the average person dont have to see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would not solve the problem that you describe - that situation is still going to occur, probably more so as the postings (and fanatics) will be more concentrated.
    At least they would be in their own section, so posters like myself aren't forced into have DW shoved into their face everytime they login to Digital Spy.

Frakin' Hell, there are 18 threads on Doctor Who on the first page alone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think its typical British Drival, most of my viewing is US based so when you go back and watch some UK stuff it really shows up how poor it is.
    So you say that it is drivel - what makes it so? What could be done to improve it (and please, don't just say "axe it", as that is neither useful nor constructive).
    I am not slagging people who like it just that there are so many topics here on the forum, it hardly leaves enough room for anything decent to be disscussed. The mods should combine the lot into 1 big topic and put it somewhere else out of sight where the average person dont have to see it.
    So it seems that you want to put the DW threads into a ghetto - out of sight and out of mind. Why not suggest it to the DS mods then

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/contact/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zasin wrote: »
    At least they would be in their own section, so posters like myself aren't forced into have DW shoved into their face everytime they login to Digital Spy.

Frakin' Hell, there are 18 threads on Doctor Who on the first page alone.
    And this rather pointless thread (which is going over the same ground that an existing, current thread is doing) is one of those 18. Perhaps there's a tiny clue there for someone?

Anyway - these "own forum" threads will not achieve your desired aim:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/contact/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    No i don't DW is one of the best shows on T.V
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it has moments of sheer brilliance with stories like GiTF, TIP/TSP, TEC/TDD and then the other extreme of utter crap with the likes of L&M and more recently EoTD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    it has moments of sheer brilliance with stories like GiTF, TIP/TSP, TEC/TDD and then the other extreme of utter crap with the likes of L&M and more recently EoTD.

Yeh true, but overall its an enjoyable show. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF wrote: »
    Yeh true, but overall its an enjoyable show. :)

I guess it is all down to the individual viewer and what they hope or expect from the series or any programme they are watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it is all down to the individual viewer and what they hope or expect from the series or any programme they are watching.

but do you watch it every week? and which have you voted for more? Excellecnt/very good/good OR average/poor/very poor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but do you watch it every week? and which have you voted for more? Excellecnt/very good/good OR average/poor/very poor?

have voted very poor once, poor twice, average twice, good twice and one excellent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have voted very poor once, poor twice, average twice, good twice and one excellent.

ok so you are finding this series on average average! Is it the worst series so far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok so you are finding this series on average average! Is it the worst series so far

with Human Nature have seen a definite improvement. Gridlock had some good dialogue even if the story was not up to much and as for the rest of the series I can't comment overall until I have seen it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    with Human Nature have seen a definite improvement. Gridlock had some good dialogue even if the story was not up to much and as for the rest of the series I can't comment overall until I have seen it.

sorry i phrased my question badly, so far in its run, compare it to the other 2 series. which is better? 1 after Fathers Day 2 after The Impossible Planet or 3 after Human Nature ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry i phrased my question badly, so far in its run, compare it to the other 2 series. which is better? 1 after Fathers Day 2 after The Impossible Planet or 3 after Human Nature ?

Human Nature is on a par, for me anyway, with TIP/TSP, TEC/TDD and GitF
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Human Nature is on a par, for me anyway, with TIP/TSP, TEC/TDD and GitF

dodging the question, :D but...
    One question i have always wondered, why was GitF so good? I thought it an good episode at best. What makes it special for all these forumers??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodging the question, :D but...
    One question i have always wondered, why was GitF so good? I thought it an good episode at best. What makes it special for all these forumers??

the quality/style of Steven's writing. the acting, direction, lighting....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the quality/style of Steven's writing. the acting, direction, lighting....

yeah but what in the script gave it an edge?