Good Foundation

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,336
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone recommend me a good foundation? I don't want anything that feels heavy or is too dark in color, I have sallow skin so preferably a light colored foundation. I also don't want anything that cakes into your face lol.

I've been using this foundation in the "Cameo" color, but Im sick of it, it feels heavy on my face & it looks like its caked into my face!

Oh, & I can't afford to spend too much!

Thank you!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone's skin is different but I like Revlon Colourstay foundation, you can get it for Combination/Oily skin or Normal/Dry skin I think.:)
  • GODDESSGODDESS Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals foundation is a must for me.

You can get it from QVC . It costs £39.00 and that includes the application brush and then when that runs out you get it for £24.00 without the brush.

It might sound pricey, but a little goes a long way and a pot can lasts you for months.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    i just bought the revlon natural foundation, it goes on white then blends into your skin tone, only used it once to test it and it seems to do what it says
    can do a better review tomorrow after using it for work
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies guys.

£39 for the Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals foundation (+ the brush) is expensive. My cousin has this box. The box cost her €80euros. Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals is pretty expensive lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if any of these foundations are any good please? I'm currently saving up to get a Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals box, but it'll be a while before I get there lol. I don't want to spend too much, cos as I said, I'm saving up for a Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals box, so I only want something that can tide me over until I get it lol.

Rimmel London Recover Foundation

Rimmel London Renew & Lift Foundation

Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation

Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation

Flawless Finish by Elizabeth Arden
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Christian Dior 'Pure Light' - it's brilliant. Best foundation I've ever had. Comes in pale colours. At £23 it's better value than the Bare Escentuals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    I use Christian Dior 'Pure Light' - it's brilliant. Best foundation I've ever had. Comes in pale colours. At £23 it's better value than the Bare Escentuals.
    Thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Laura Mercier's foundation. Expensive at around £30, but lasts and is SO SO worth it - not greasy, doesn't feel heavy and gives a good complexion.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation and it's fantastic. It's the only foundation I've found that stays on my skin all day (especially when used with a primer) and it looks really natural. Because it's mineral it's better for the skin as well and doesn't bring me out in spots like others, and it's only something like £7.80. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I really like MAC studio sclupt:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

I've spent hours looking about on the net & found a few more foundations, has anyone here used any of them? Would you recommend them?

Revlon New Complexion Foundation

Maybelline SuperStay Silky Foundation

Clinique Superfit Makeup foundation

No7 Intelligent Colour Foundation

Olay Complete Touch of Foundation

PERFECT WEAR Extralasting Liquid Foundation SPF 15

Thanks in advance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever worn Natural Collection foundation from Boots as it's £2 and lasts forever, and I'm permanently on a budget, such is student living. They do a fairly light one called Porcelain (can't spell) which might be the right shade for your skin. I've found it doesn't clog and you don't need much to get good coverage. It doesn't have massive staying power though, but it lasts enough for a sweaty night out, put it that way!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spent a long time looking for a light foundation- I love the look of milky white skin!

I find that wearing Blanc de Chanel primer underneath your foundation really brightens and lightens it. I find it quite tricky to apply, so I save it for 'special events' but when I put my mind to it, it's soooo worth it!
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am wearing Maybelline Dream Satin, it is one of the best I have tried and I have tried a few
  • fairycakesfairycakes Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use MAC Mineral Foundation and I find that its really really good.
    I used Benefit `touch of .....` before and it was also really good. But it all depends on your skin tone and type so I would reccomend going to your local make-up selling shop and asking one of the salespeople what they think or for a tester.
  • topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    M&S foundations are really good and 3.50.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your help.

I'll go do some digging, see what bargains I can find with all your recommendations.:D

I've tried Natural Collection foundation & realized I can't use it because it brings me out in spots.:cry: Such a shame, as they do some lovely colors & at a decent price.

I'll let you know how I get on.
  • shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I swear by Max Factor Lasting Performance and have been using it for years. There's a good variety of colours and it's not too pricey... around a tenner a tube and that lasts me ages.
    Good luck! It's a nightmare trying to settle on a foundation that suits your colouring and skin-type.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in town & got the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation as it was the only one they had that was the right color for me face.

They had the Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation, but only had the Ivory & Nude colors - both of which turned out a Yellowy on my skin.:eek:

The make-up stands in the shop were 3/4 empty, when they're usually full.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    No 7 Intelligent Colour Foundation is amazing, it's very light and blends in really easily - it doesn't even feel like you're wearing foundation! It also lasts for ages, I use it every day and a tube will last me at least 6 months. I think it's only about a tenner and being Boots there's usually some kind of offer on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I use this one from Clinique http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT1028&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1204
    although I couldn't find it on the Clinique.com website only the .co.uk one.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Boots intelligent colour foundation, it blends well, is nice and light and lasts me all day at work, best of all it doesn't bring my sensitive skin out in a rash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dream Matte Mousse?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmetics a la carte do a brilliant foundation
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orlaith wrote: »
    I was in town & got the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation as it was the only one they had that was the right color for me face.

They had the Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation, but only had the Ivory & Nude colors - both of which turned out a Yellowy on my skin.:eek:

The make-up stands in the shop were 3/4 empty, when they're usually full.:eek:

Hi

Yes thats the one I reccomended its the best I have tried