Eastenders - Suspension of Reality (Merged)

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Guido9 wrote: »
    Us buying the fact that the new Lauren Branning is supposed to be a close replica to the one that preceeded her.....!

I didn't know she was supposed to be a replica, looks nothing like her IMO.
    Lots of people on the episode thread say she looks similar, she's only similar in hair colour and height.
    You wouldn't consider them similar in any other situation.
    Her character's changed too, but that's to be expected with Soaps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    How do Janine/Ryan/Fatboy/Mercy manage to live in a flat, pay rent and bills, and buy food in London without a job and regular income? If anyone knows their strategy, be sure to let me know...
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the insurance scam Max did I would imagine that the Vic was insured by a reputable company so there would be quite a big payout for the damage. This would make the Vic worth a fair sum and Alfie did say what he had paid was a deposit. What I'm wondering is how Alfie is going to pay off the remaining amount for the Vic.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    How do Janine/Ryan/Fatboy/Mercy manage to live in a flat, pay rent and bills, and buy food in London without a job and regular income? If anyone knows their strategy, be sure to let me know...

Janine and Ryan work in the bookies, Ryan's the manager.
    Fatboy lives at home with his parents, you don't actually see where he lives.
    Mercy lives with her Granny, what her Granny does for money I don't know.
    Zsa Zsa is living there too IIRC after Shirley dropped her like a bad habit.
    The fact that benefits is rarely, if ever mentioned has been done before.
  • Guido9Guido9 Posts: 3,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

..........me too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine and Ryan work in the bookies, Ryan's the manager.Fatboy lives at home with his parents, you don't actually see where he lives.
    Mercy lives with her Granny, what her Granny does for money I don't know.
    Zsa Zsa is living there too IIRC after Shirley dropped her like a bad habit.
    The fact that benefits is rarely, if ever mentioned has been done before.

I thought Carol was the boss of some description in the bookies now when directing Glenda to carry out her instructions last week?? Ryan and Janine haven't been seen in the bookies for months, not since Janine tried to scam Charlie's bet - does that mean they still work there or indeed manage it?! Must pay more attention maybe. I thought Pat was in the mix there somewhere too.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that Janine and Ryan had chucked in their jobs at the bookies around the time of that silly "kissing dare" s/l?? But how they both got jobs there in the first place is beyond me!:confused:

Last night's episode when Lauren was in bed and Max was telling her to get up, how wonky was that headboard, it wobbled like crazy when she turned over!!:eek::D
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    Janine and Ryan got the sack for going off on holiday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it hard to believe that Vanessa would arrive on Max's doorstep with absolutely nothing!! A woman who obviously has a wardrobe full of expensive clothes, albeit all seemingly white/cream (?), just walks to her lovers house without even a holdall containing cosmetics, toothbrush, etc. is silly.:yawn:

She obviously expects Max to take care of her as her husband has done, or perhaps she'll get a job in the bookies with Glenda so she can buy at least one new outfit.:D

Max is getting like Phil regarding the bottomless pit of cash. He manages to set up a used car lot with absolutely no experience of the trade and earns enough to hire Darren, pay rent on a massive house, feed, clothe and maintain 3 children, and now Vanessa arrives on his doorstep with nothing so I'm guessing he'll hand her a huge wad of cash to buy new clothes, it just beggar's belief!!:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Janine and Ryan got the sack for going off on holiday.

they should've stayed away :p
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishmaura wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that Vanessa would arrive on Max's doorstep with absolutely nothing!! A woman who obviously has a wardrobe full of expensive clothes, albeit all seemingly white/cream (?), just walks to her lovers house without even a holdall containing cosmetics, toothbrush, etc. is silly.:yawn:

She obviously expects Max to take care of her as her husband has done, or perhaps she'll get a job in the bookies with Glenda so she can buy at least one new outfit.:D

Max is getting like Phil regarding the bottomless pit of cash. He manages to set up a used car lot with absolutely no experience of the trade and earns enough to hire Darren, pay rent on a massive house, feed, clothe and maintain 3 children, and now Vanessa arrives on his doorstep with nothing so I'm guessing he'll hand her a huge wad of cash to buy new clothes, it just beggar's belief!!:confused:

Vanessa came from the restaurant, i don't you takes her wardrobe to her birthday dinner.

Surely she's more likely to get a job at the carlot?

Max has the gift of the gab, he could easily make enough sales at the carlot to get started and hire Darren. Doesn't Jack own Max's house? I doubt he's banging the door down on rent day. He hardly ever see's Lauren and Oscar until now and Tanya's bloke seems ok for a few quid so i doubt Tanya was that strict with Max paying for the kids
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to be a "thread spoiler" as I think this is one of the best ones on DS, if not the best - but I think we do tend to over analyse EE a bit and at the end of the day it is a soap and just a bit of escapism from humdrum reality in the UK for most! That said, keep the posts coming on here, as "they're greeaaaattttt" - as "the Frosties" cereal advert used to go in the 80s!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanessa came from the restaurant, i don't you takes her wardrobe to her birthday dinner.

Surely she's more likely to get a job at the carlot?

Max has the gift of the gab, he could easily make enough sales at the carlot to get started and hire Darren. Doesn't Jack own Max's house? I doubt he's banging the door down on rent day. He hardly ever see's Lauren and Oscar until now and Tanya's bloke seems ok for a few quid so i doubt Tanya was that strict with Max paying for the kids

I think I have something in common with Vanessa then as I don't bring my wardrobe when I go out to dinner either!:D But couldn't she have nipped home in a taxi to pack a bag? I doubt if her arriving with a suitcase would have been any less dramatic, just more realistic:).

What would she do in the carlot, apart from shagging Max on the desk that is:eek:. If she did work there, he would end up not just putting a roof over her head but paying her as well??:confused: I can't see the carlot being much of a money spinner given it only holds about 3/4 cars on it at any one time.:)

And yes, Jack does own Max's house, but I presume he doesn't have a bottomless pit of cash either (although I suspect he probably has one similar to Phil's), and I'm sure he has a mortgage to pay on the house as well as the flat and R & R possibly (although that is possibly a lease). Why would Max expect or assume another man should pay for his kids, he never struck me as being irresponsible in that way:).
    Forum Member
    Does Alfie have a lisence to sell alcohol in the barrel store?

Why are Kat and Alfie sleeping in a freezing cold caravan when there's a warm house a few houses down?
    Forum Member
    Will Alfie be allowed run/lease a pub when he has a criminial conviction [he just spent six months in prison]
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Alfie be allowed run/lease a pub when he has a criminial conviction [he just spent six months in prison]

Firstly, it was a Spanish prison, so not sure if a Spanish conviction would be considered over here.

Secondly, he can buy and own the pub, but if the conviction would have been taken into consideration, he could always have someone else as the licensee (e.g, Kat, Michael...) Owning and being the licensee of the pub are not automatically the same thing.

Also, I'm not sure whether all convictions count towards being disqualified from being a licensee. I know drink-driving does, there are others, but I'm not sure about the more minor offences.
  • upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Alfie have a lisence to sell alcohol in the barrel store?

Why are Kat and Alfie sleeping in a freezing cold caravan when there's a warm house a few houses down?

No, it is impossible to get a license to sell alcohol in a barrell store. We were told it was an illegal drinking den last week.
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    I too wondered if a heavily pregnant woman would want to sleep in a caravan.
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too wondered if a heavily pregnant woman would want to sleep in a caravan.

I once got pregnant in a caravan.;)
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    I once got pregnant in a caravan.;)

How :confused:
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How :confused:

Do I have to tell you?
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    Do I have to tell you?

Yes, in detail please!:D
    Forum Member
    How can Ryan and Janine afford to live in a flat in London with no job, no income, no nothing?
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Carol, while out with Lewis, gets a call from her son Billie, who is currently away with the army but is due back this week for his birthday. The same Billie she was worrying and fretting over in yesterdays episode with Bianca and what does she do when the call comes, she rejects it. That does not ring true with me knowing what Carol's character is like.
    Forum Member
    How can Ryan and Janine afford to live in a flat in London with no job, no income, no nothing?

He runs the bookies (I think) and Janene will have widows pension and money left from her previous husbands