Chris Martin

13»

Comments

• PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Martin is a nice guy. The world could do with more people like him.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Coldplay except that dreary song "Fix You".. Chris is amusing in interviews that I have heard. Overall the music is good. I recall the video for yellow and I thought he looked like a working class northern type, he was so fanciable and interesting. In reality he is very affluent, sort of ruined the effect for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coldplay are great guys and I don't think their music is boring at all. By contrast, I think they're extremely uplifting. Although I did hear Paradise a few times too many!
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bumpppp
  • mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more to do with the fact that despite being all of the above, he's a very wealthy and successful performer while other more exciting, innovative musicians get overlooked.

That's unfair, Coldplay's first two albums were very good. The melodies and lyrics were brilliant but after that it was just same old same old so very boring.

Mind you Noel Gallagher's been pushing out the same stuff for decades (Definitely Maybe is a classic it's a shame the other stuff is durge!) and he doesn't incur nearly as much wrath!
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's fine by me. I love Coldplay

I wouldn't say they're my favourite band, but I remember their debut album had some pretty decent songs on it, songs that packed a punch with plenty of emotion. Hardly 'beige'. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mvloca wrote: »
    That's unfair, Coldplay's first two albums were very good. The melodies and lyrics were brilliant but after that it was just same old same old so very boring.

Mind you Noel Gallagher's been pushing out the same stuff for decades (Definitely Maybe is a classic it's a shame the other stuff is durge!) and he doesn't incur nearly as much wrath!

Exactly. Coldplay are for superior to Oasis IMO (oops guess the baying mob will be at my door now!). :D

ETA: Champagne Supernova is a great song though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Its not trendy to like Coldplay that is what it is about and the fact that the four Coldplay lads are from Middle class backgrounds and had privileges that made it easier for them to break into music.

I have seen them live and enjoyed both their concerts.

This country's obsession with class can get pretty tedious pretty quick.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Liam Gallagher summed Chris up perfectly - "He looks like a ****ing Geography teacher"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Why is music only deemed to be worthwhile if it's innovative and original and made by daring and creative artists??

Well said! Don't you know unless the music you like is 'edgy' 'innovative' and 'daring' you mustn't admit to liking it as otherwise you are ridiculed and middle of the road middle class 'milk sops'.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    He's a milksop.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with him at all. he's just a bloke who is in a group and writes songs that some people like and some don't.

I think the hate has been built up over the years mainly by the press because he likes to keep his private life private and doesn't play by their rules (i.e. interviews and smiley pics with the family).

There are a lot more singers and song writers out there who are much more annoying than Mr Martin and one of them has a surname that sounds like twunt :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no opinion on him but I despise Coldplay's music more than I could possibly express. How they are such a critically acclaimed band and manage to get what seems like the vast majority of the public having raging hard ons for them is a huge mystery to me. I'd rather slit my wrists than sit through a Coldplay song.
  • PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    He's fine by me. I love Coldplay
    this.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember an early interview in Q magazine where he said he didn't have much luck with girls!
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ still hasn't, judging by the wife
    she seems to be universally hated
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    ^ still hasn't, judging by the wife
    she seems to be universally hated

She brings a lot of the dislike upon herself IMHO. At a time when most families are struggling financially, she writes a lot of guff about having freshly cut flowers flown in by private jet to heighten the atmosphere at a dinner party etc.

I don't hate her but I do think she's very pretentious, misguided and silly.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    She brings a lot of the dislike upon herself IMHO. At a time when most families are struggling financially, she writes a lot of guff about having freshly cut flowers flown in by private jet to heighten the atmosphere at a dinner party etc.

I don't hate her but I do think she's very pretentious, misguided and silly.

I used to work in a building next to Elstree Film Studios.
    She was there filming.
    Each day, she'd sent a Black cab from the studio, to her London hotel, where the cabbie would pick up a macrobiotic lunch for her, specially prepared, then drive it back to the studio.
    Quite why she couldn't nip to Tesco, next door to the studio, I don't know!