Options

The Graham Norton Show: Totally different attitude from Graham tonight

Than when interviewing our Molly! He treated the contest as a joke with her but tonight, took it very seriously! Hmmmm.

Comments

• Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the first time the winner has featured on the show?
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think his attitude to the contest is perfect for the UK commentator. He can poke fun where it's deserved, but he does have a certain respect for the contest too. He's very positive about a lot of the entries, rarely complains about the voting and I think he was genuinely excited about Conchita's win.
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was so condescending towards Molly, wouldn't let her get a word in. Completely otherwise with Conchita. Oh well. Ones the gay pope now so it's no surprise :P
  • Options
    longpiggylongpiggy Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    I do think his attitude to the contest is perfect for the UK commentator. He can poke fun where it's deserved, but he does have a certain respect for the contest too. He's very positive about a lot of the entries, rarely complains about the voting and I think he was genuinely excited about Conchita's win.

^^^This.^^^. I feel Graham is me in absentia. I don't know anyone that takes it as a serious contest any more. BUT I do get pissed at people who think it is a complete joke. Actually there are some absolute diamonds of songs over the years. But, heh, I regularly travel abroad to go to concerts and see bands/singers that few have heard of. Thats my bag!

There is a fine line (and I love the wacky/out there entries as well - maybe more so sometimes) - its the bland that makes me shrug.

Mr Norton walks that same fine line brilliantly in my opinion and matches, and indeed surpasses, El Tel at his pomp. I don't think it was much of a surprise that it was his booth they popped into when it came to congratulating the commentators.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmm..funny how it took him 5 years before he invited a Eurovision winner on his show (and then only for a chat not to play their song). It'll probably be another 5 years before we see a winner on his show but only if it's a mega camp act
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    They would have already booked their musical guest weeks in advance for last nights show so there would have been no room for Conchita to sing last minute.