Options

Who do you think will be top goalscorer at the World Cup?

chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
Forum Member
Was considering of sticking a fiver on someone for the fun of it but am having trouble picking anyone.

looked at the favs first.brazil.should score a few in their group but i don't like that they will for sure have a tough match up in 2nd round......holland/spain or chilie. Also,neymar didn't play great for barca this year ad fred i know little about

then i thought Argentina.they have a nice group and could advance far but messi has not been in great form i heard and aguero,is he fully fit?

i was thinking maybe ronaldo as he just scores for fun but he is in a team that i do t think will go far

Belgium are pick to go far from the Europeans so maybe lukaku?

obviously suarez but tough group same with van persie

Benzema-nice enough group.are france playing well?

Anyway,who does everyone else think will bang them in?:p

Comments

• Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm putting a few quid on old man Klose, which probably confirms his broken leg in the first group game.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    contrary to popular opinion, I don't think there's anyone with a better international goalscoring record since the last World Cup than Messi, so I'm gonna say him.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Ronaldo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd cry with joy if it were Rickie Lambert
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I have dzeko 4+ goals tournament at 40/1
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Jay29 wrote: »

Top shout. Scored another 2 the other day and got good fixtures.
  • Options
    BizzaBizza Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigeria have picked Shola Ameobi, may as well close this thread now.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Pee wrote: »
    contrary to popular opinion, I don't think there's anyone with a better international goalscoring record since the last World Cup than Messi, so I'm gonna say him.

Was just going to say Messi too. Think he was saving himself last season for the WC. I hope we see the best of him in the tournament.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odds on it being Danny Welbeck?! :D

But seriously, I think it could be Lukaku, or if he is fit enough, then Costa for Spain.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Gotze for me.

Fancy ronaldo to beat messi
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aguerro, messi,ronaldo,rvp and balotelli all be worth a shout no doubt.

i might put money ond rogba or that japanese strker who plays for mainz
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlos Costly :D
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Klose, or Suarez.
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What website is that? PaddyPower have him at 125/1 to score the 1st hat trick of the tournament, might stick a fiver on that. Bosnia do score quite a few goals and having a look at their previous games Dzeko is their main man.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want it to be Klose to ensure he creates an unbeatable record for a few years.

Though, beyond him, I think Muller will do well. Then i'm thinking Neymar will turn up for his national team and do something special. Others: Hernandez, Suarez and Lukaku.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odds on it being Danny Welbeck?! :D

But seriously, I think it could be Lukaku, or if he is fit enough, then Costa for Spain.

Welbeck would not be a bad shout for top english scorer. But having seen Brazil's second half against Panama and allowing for the fact Neymar is a much better player for Brazil than he is for Barca, I'm putting my money on him. In fact I may do a Neymar/Brazil double. Other than him, I think these guys are most likely (in order)

Muller - Germany create and he scores
    Messi - only 1 world cup goal? Got to change that this time round surely....
    RVP - Holland have a weak squad but he has pedigree and just looks bang in form

Saying all that, I really haven't studied the form yet. Will have to look into Dzeko's odds and the make-up of the groups in detail. Mind you, If Ronaldo played for Brazil I'd close the book right now....
  • Options
    ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely everyone knows it's going to be Torres. His speciality is winning Golden Boots.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronaldo if he is fit.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welbeck would not be a bad shout for top english scorer. But having seen Brazil's second half against Panama and allowing for the fact Neymar is a much better player for Brazil than he is for Barca, I'm putting my money on him. In fact I may do a Neymar/Brazil double.
    I wouldn't judge Brazil based on a performance against a team like Panama.

I do think Neymar will have a good tournament but my money is on Messi. Argentina have a decent group and should get to at least the semis and Messi is due a good World Cup
  • Options
    ancient wolfancient wolf Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    In the last few World Cups the Golden Boot has been won by a striker from a team that has got to the last four. Suker/Ronaldo/Klose/Moller.
    That suggests someone like Fred or Higuain especially if they rack up a few easy goals in the group games.
  • Options
    Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much as it pains me to say so but gut feeling says Sturridge
  • Options
    General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Wayne Rooney.
  • Options
    Draca_NoirDraca_Noir Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does anyone know which website offers this market?
  • Options
    General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Come off it! You lot are all having a laugh. Rooney will obviously come into his own this tournament. The way he bumbled about like an idiot in previous tournaments was obviously a cunning subterfuge. He will be top scorer, and possibly player of the century after the world cup is over.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    How utterly hilarious.