Worst accent in Britain

Comments

• alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    No it doesn't. If you can't communicate clearly, the fault lies with the person speaking, not with the person listening.

No, communication is a two way thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ludovica wrote: »
    A pleasant voice can make up for an ugly accent
    Your just being polite in saying `Big Boobs` can make up for an ugly accent :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl's `Scouse`, followed by West Midlands `Black Country`
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the west country accents, sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    None taken.
    Your inability to cope with different accents reflects on you, not on the people who speak that way.

I just said I disliked the accent, didnt say I disliked that person. That's what this thread is about.
  • NE5NE5 Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    Cheryl's `Scouse`, `

:cry:
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not too keen on my accent and it would appear the majority on this thread don't like it either :cry:
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Birmingham, very unfortunately, gets tarred in with the Wolverhampton / Dudley accent which isnt really fair as its two seperate places. So that irritating 'yow alright' you hear is more than likely wolverhampton based.
    Yes, that's a Black Country accent, not Brummie.
  • AliKatAliKat Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Disappointed that my accent (Black Country) is not liked, I love it (well I would!!).

Get slightly annoyed when I am in other parts of the country and get called a Brummie :-D

I don't mind most accents, but admit I love the Newcastle accent, I worked with a girl from there about 20 years ago and really liked to hear her talk.

Always thought I didn't have much of an accent until I heard myself on my mobile voicemail! Was gobsmacked how broad my accent is!!
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Scouse.

No contest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol at reviving a 7 year old topic!:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I dont even need to read this thread to know that Weegie has been mentioned once or twice no doubt.
    So I shant
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brummie, scouse , geordie, scottish and welsh
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at reviving a 7 year old topic!:confused:

You should leave your fridge for 2 hours..

Sorry wrong thread
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 2 least favourites are probably Brummie and the one in hometown. I grew up in South Yorkshire and while softer Yorkshire accents sound nice, stronger ones grate on me. South Yorkshire has it's own language and it's not a nice one imo.
  • SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scouse
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member
    Northern Irish and Welsh accents are extremely annoying to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the strong Bolton accent and I hate it

would love to have a welsh accent ... It's sexy :P
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed that my accent (Black Country) is not liked, I love it (well I would!!).

Get slightly annoyed when I am in other parts of the country and get called a Brummie :-D

I don't mind most accents, but admit I love the Newcastle accent, I worked with a girl from there about 20 years ago and really liked to hear her talk.

Always thought I didn't have much of an accent until I heard myself on my mobile voicemail! Was gobsmacked how broad my accent is!!

It can be very surprising hearing how strong your accent is when you've thought that you just had a normal sounding accent for your region.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I know what you mean You are a Yam Yam like me.

I am normally OK with scouse, but having watched this series of Big Brother, I am not impressed with Camp Scouse.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    No, communication is a two way thing.

It starts with the first person to talk. If you can't understand what they are saying, the conversation is going nowhere.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyclad wrote: »
    Scouse

Agree. It is just so hard on the ear. To me it sounds like they have a mouthful of spittle and false teeth that don't fit. Women sound common and men sound thuggish. Sorrynto any scousers reading this.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Agree. It is just so hard on the ear. To me it sounds like they have a mouthful of spittle and false teeth that don't fit. Women sound common and men sound thuggish. Sorrynto any scousers reading this.

Apology accepted.

Go on, tell us what lovely accent you have. Guarantee it will grate on somebody.
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What accent do Vernon Kay and Ant & Dec have as cannot stand it. Also not keen on Brummie and i'm a brummie myself!
  • JordanT91JordanT91 Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What accent do Vernon Kay and Ant & Dec have as cannot stand it. Also not keen on Brummie and i'm a brummie myself!

How can you not know what accent Ant & Dec have?? It's probably the most well known accent in the country after Cockney. Vernon Kay has a Bolton/Lancashire accent.