Scottish independence: let's have an honest debate (P3)

Comments

• ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I just hope whatever happens things will be ok. I'm getting more worried about violence breaking out if there is a NO win. YES supporters are having night long parties. So if it doesn't go their way then emotion mixed with alcohol won't be pretty!

Won't they all be unconscious by the time the result is declared? :D
  • DerekPAgainDerekPAgain Posts: 2,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hearing Glasgow will determine this because of the voter turn out. Over 80%

So in other words if Glasgow votes YES then the likely hood is that Scotland will go independent.

Sorry NO's :( Glasgow is so pro YES I can't see any way back. If NO does manage to win its going to be so darn close.

Glasgow may be pro YES - but its's still 12%. Edinburgh is probably pro NO and 9%

Turnout is going to be over 80% in most places
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Venezuela has oil, but inflation is 60%!!!
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Aberdeen was the defining vote. if Aberdeen go yes then yes it will be.
    Forum Member
    There's will be a lot of violence this weekend
  • DerekPAgainDerekPAgain Posts: 2,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I thought Aberdeen was the defining vote. if Aberdeen go yes then yes it will be.

It's the last vote and it quite possible the offical result won't be declared until then. Aberdeen has 4% of the vote so unless the polls are wrong and the result is not as close as we think then they will be the defining vote. But it's likely the result will be obvious (if not mathematically certain) before then.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's will be a lot of violence this weekend

There always is anyway.
  • The infidelThe infidel Posts: 3,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »

Ok, three countrys then.
    Forum Member
    Just over 12 hours until we know
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Nick Robinson to head the BBC negotiating team.:D

The yessers decided to put his face on a giant 'wanted' poster and drag it around the streets in a sickening parade.

All corrupt lying governments like the Scottish Nasty Party's usually single out journalists first in their war on free speech and civil liberties. I dont want these creeps in charge of my country.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over 12 hours until we know

Its been a long day so far, will be a long night. I hope the idiots don't get tanked and cause trouble.
  • Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do despair of this thread sometimes, I really do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Nick Robinson to head the BBC negotiating team.:D
    Just seen Alex Salmond posting his vote in nice friendly surroundings then Alistair Darling posting his amid boos from Yes supporters,:D:D:D

Do the yessers think they do themselves any favours by behaving like that?
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Rumoured exit Poll(even through there is not an official one) is that the No vote is winning.
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Rumoured exit Poll(even through there is not an official one) is that the No vote is winning.

Where? I'm not sure I believe that.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    Where? I'm not sure I believe that.
    Twitter.
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do despair of this thread sometimes, I really do.

Why's that, if you don't mind me asking.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who commissioned that poll?

Its hard to believe anything at the moment! just think in 10 hours we will probably know or at the very least have an idea. :eek:
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Its rather tense. Even out and about this morning everyone looked gloomy and people were avoiding eye contact.

Whatever way tomorrow can facebook and twitter at least return to its norm of posting pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch and funny cats?

Right I am back to looking at houses in north Northumberland... any recommendations sigh.
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hearing Glasgow will determine this because of the voter turn out. Over 80%

So in other words if Glasgow votes YES then the likely hood is that Scotland will go independent.

Sorry NO's :( Glasgow is so pro YES I can't see any way back. If NO does manage to win its going to be so darn close.

59% No - 41% Yes. With a 3% margin of error. Put your money on it. I have.
    Forum Member
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Its rather tense. Even out and about this morning everyone looked gloomy and people were avoiding eye contact.

Whatever way tomorrow can facebook and twitter at least return to its norm of posting pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch and funny cats?

Right I am back to looking at houses in north Northumberland... any recommendations sigh.

That depends on which part of N.Northumberland you need to be in. Where do you work?
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    That depends on which part of N.Northumberland you need to be in. Where do you work?

Would need to within a couple hours drive of either Edinburgh or Leeds.. soo.. I was thinking Durham maybe? Morpeth.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope that when the result comes in everyone in this topic from each side treats each other with respect. No baiting, laughing, poking fun or goading. Lets all try to be mature adults. We all love Scotland. We just have different ideas about its future, thats all.
    Forum Member
    I just hope that when the result comes in everyone in this topic from each side treats each other with respect. No baiting, laughing, poking fun or goading. Lets all try to be mature adults. We all love Scotland. We just have different ideas about its future, thats all.

Yes I agree :)

But... then it is Digital Spy...
    Forum Member

I will laugh at the yes voters