Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    People who won’t leave a voicemail message and will just keep ringing and ringing and ringing. If I don’t answer the phone, it’s clear that I’m either not there, or I’m busy and can’t take the call. There is a voicemail facility which delivers a voicemail straight to my email inbox which I will pick up as soon as I possibly can, please use it. Don’t keep ringing, and then ringing immediately again, and again – that just pisses me off, it won’t get your query answered any faster and I’m more likely to take my time in getting back to you than if you’d have rang once, left a message and left it there.
    Kind of the opposite here.

Friends and family know to ring me 2 or 3 times in succession because I don't answer the phone and may not see the voicemail until later on.
  • alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    No, but that's as bad as 'hit the ground running'.

"We need to hit the ground running with this."
    "He'll hit the ground running as soon as you give this to him."

I agree. Meaningless cliches.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    The Activate Sky Sports 5 red button on the bottom left hand corner of the screen...whilst I'm watching Sky Sports 5.

The "Even better in HD" that they show on all Sky Sports channels - whilst I'm watching Sky Sports in HD.
  • Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buying a new ironing board, to find the collapsing lever is on the other side of the board - that's going to annoy me for a while.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    People who stare/gawp at you.
    Today some scally lad type on his teeny tiny bike was going down the road and the whole time he was staring at me with his mouth open. It's like have I got a frickin cactus on my head or something? Quit that already, so I gave him a shifty look back.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That caffeine has no effect on me... Just makes me feel sick! :(
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finding out the National Lottery will be 20 years old this November... TWENTY YEARS old.
    I feel old and decrepit. (goes off to look in a mirror, comes back), hey whatayaknow I am old and decrepit, darn it.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having to wait to reset passwords.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise Van Outen's monotone voice.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    People who won’t leave a voicemail message and will just keep ringing and ringing and ringing. If I don’t answer the phone, it’s clear that I’m either not there, or I’m busy and can’t take the call. There is a voicemail facility which delivers a voicemail straight to my email inbox which I will pick up as soon as I possibly can, please use it. Don’t keep ringing, and then ringing immediately again, and again – that just pisses me off, it won’t get your query answered any faster and I’m more likely to take my time in getting back to you than if you’d have rang once, left a message and left it there.

At work they never answer the bloody phone! They keep texting us prompting us to ring up for shifts but never answer the phone. They just leave it ringing until it goes to answer phone and then a few hours later go through the messages and the get back to you if youre lucky. Sometimes they dont get back until the next day.

I rang up once and they answered with a "just leave a message and stop ringing!" I was speechless. They were a bit apologetic when i pointed out that this was the first time i had called. They didnt seem to get the point though that if i was ringing for the first time then all the previous calls were from other people trying to get through!
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,579
    Forum Member
    People who type "loose" when the word they need to use is "lose"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People selling laptops on eBay with Vista as the OS - Seriously, who the heck would buy a Vista machine ?! Even if there ARE loads who would it is most frustrating to find the perfect machine, cheap, unscratched to sht, full of progs 'n stuff, then find it is a Vista. :(
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    ^^^^^^ Why not? Not everyone dislikes Vista. I have it on my PC at home and at work and get on well with it. We have Linux at work too, and that does take a bit of getting used to. Then again, I wouldn't buy anything like that from EBay anyway!!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On a similar note, people who don't have voicemail and forward their desk phones to their work Blackberry/mobile when they know they are going to be away from their desks for the majority of the day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 things this morning (following on from the voicemail problem)

1) People who insist their email addresses are spelled out in all caps. It does not make a difference, I could type your email address lIkE tHiS and it’d still get through.
    2) People who’s voicemail message is “Hello.. hello.. hello..” as if they’ve answered the phone, so you try to start talking to them not knowing it’s a recording until the beep comes. I think I did something similar when I was 14, but even then it go old, fast, and it’s certainly not appropriate for a grown adult’s business number.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wires... they always try to bend the opposite way that you want them to go. And how do wires like earphones get tangled up in a knot so easily? I only folded them in half.

Another thing wire related: the backs of tvs or monitors that have the connection on the underneath, RIGHT near the stand. Hello developers? Can you please place the connector on the face of the back so that I can just plug it straight in without having to turn the heavy, huge-ass tv on its side? It would be a lot simpler.

Last thing, something completely different: my glasses. Every now and then the lens just pops out of the frame. So it's on the floor, and I have to scan it with my hands because I can't really see with one eye. Thankfully it has only happened at home and not out on the bus or something, I'd be buggered then. :o
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    Wires... they always try to bend the opposite way that you want them to go. And how do wires like earphones get tangled up in a knot so easily? I only folded them in half.

Another thing wire related: the backs of tvs or monitors that have the connection on the underneath, RIGHT near the stand. Hello developers? Can you please place the connector on the face of the back so that I can just plug it straight in without having to turn the heavy, huge-ass tv on its side? It would be a lot simpler.

Last thing, something completely different: my glasses. Every now and then the lens just pops out of the frame. So it's on the floor, and I have to scan it with my hands because I can't really see with one eye. Thankfully it has only happened at home and not out on the bus or something, I'd be buggered then. :o

That becomes really, really annoying when you have to do a hundred or so when you are upgrading an IT lab! Even more so when you find that the person who put the old monitors in has screwed them in so tight they've damaged the plastic bit on the plug' s screws >:(
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    As much as I try to fight my Milton Keynes accent it sometimes slips though. I just told someone about something Curtis has said...and it came out Cur-is :( I hate dropping my t's like that.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    People picking at their feet in front of others
    Men's bare legs as in that weird bloke on Gogglebox
    My neighbour using her hairdryer in her kitchen
    The sound of flip flops
    People, usually men, who check the contents of their hankie after they have blown their nose. :o
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I'm typing a capital letter and the second letter is also capitalised.

Typical - the one time that I want it to happen is the one time it doesn't.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    When I'm typing a capital letter and the second letter is also capitalised.

Typical - the one time that I want it to happen is the one time it doesn't.
    Hehe, i've just done that in another post.

Also I often hit the ; instead of '
    Sometimes I can't be arsed to go back and correct it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you press the POST button instead of the PREVIEW button then have quickly rush in and edit+save the post before anyone spots it. :o
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    I agree. Meaningless cliches.

They really annoy me too, along with ridiculous made up words on DS such as "outwith", "upthread" and worst of all "retcon(ned)" . WTF??!! >:(
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying: "End of" and "Simple as". grrrrrrr
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really annoy me too, along with ridiculous made up words on DS such as "outwith", "upthread" and worst of all "retcon(ned)" . WTF??!! >:(

Urgh. “outwith” is a serious pet hate of mine.

I don’t think it’s made up though, I’m pretty sure it’s a genuine word. I just hate it, and it seems it have risen in prominence over the past 12 months or so.

Upthread & retcon I don’t mind.. just outwith.
This discussion has been closed.