Options

Thrown off a bus because Muslim did not like something

a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
Forum Member
✭✭✭
yet again muslims getting their own way.
it was a double deck bus why did she not just move upstairs or elsewhere on bus
what nationality was the driver?

all muslims have to remember this is the uk so they have to respect other people faith but also their day to day life, we are not a muslim country so dont treat it like one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2770621/Couple-singing-Peppa-Pig-theme-tune-toddler-daughter-thrown-bus-passenger-accused-racist.html

Comments

• Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,449
    Forum Member
    Helps to read articles first
    The couple claimed the woman, who they saw was wearing a hijab, took offence to the snorting sounds in the song and believed they were a reference to how pork is forbidden in Islam though this has not been confirmed.
    A spokesman for First confirmed the couple did get off the bus following a conversation with a female Asian passenger and the bus driver, but claimed the bus driver had no knowledge of allegations of racism.
    'The driver told us he heard no reference to racism but we are investigating the incident and have not yet drawn a conclusion.'
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    It's probably the same as monkey noises for black people.

I think some Muslims have a Kevin and perry short fuse for stuff but most are fine and friendly.
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    So if no racism reported, why did they get kicked off the bus?
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helps to read articles first

Indeed!

Putting my 'Dave Gorman' hat on this is one of those stories that has the distinct whiff of bullshit all over it.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    It can hardly be racist anyway because muslims aren't a race.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveOooo wrote: »

exactly.
    makes me think the driver was on her side - religion?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    exactly.
    makes me think the driver was on her side - religion?????

More like completely fabricated :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's more to this story than the white people want you to believe.
  • Options
    WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classic DM. :D I imagine some of the journalists there must be p*ssing themselves laughing at how they can parody themselves so blatantly yet still sell that rag.
  • Options
    NilremNilrem Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member

Has it even been confirmed they were kicked off, and the actual reason?

It sounds (as is often the case) that we're getting one side of the story only...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i believe all non native cultures that come to the uk should integrate with the community, yes they may not agree with something you have to adapt.

to complain about this and get someone kicked off the bus is not intergrating with society that is forcing religion first which is not part of uk life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a01020304 wrote: »
    i believe all non native cultures that come to the uk should integrate with the community, yes they may not agree with something you have to adapt.

to complain about this and get someone kicked off the bus is not intergrating with society that is forcing religion first which is not part of uk life.

Are you bothering to read the replies to your thread?

Most of us seem pretty convinced the story is bullshit.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It can hardly be racist anyway because muslims aren't a race.

It's deeply worrying how many people don't know that. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    It's deeply worrying how many people don't know that. :o

Muslims can be defined as a race, as can any culturally affiliated group, by dictionary definition.

But sure, I get what you're saying. Probably best to stick with terms such as 'bigoted', 'predjudiced' and 'Islamaphobic' to be on the semantic safe side.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    There's more to this story than the white people want you to believe.

'Than the white people'. That's a bit of a racist statement in itself.

Shall we turn this around and see how it goes before the racist card is banded around.

Those bloody black or Asian people should STFU, for example.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I think some Muslims have a Kevin and perry short fuse for stuff but most are fine and friendly.

I think they are pretty tolerant on the whole. The only time I can recall Muslims being outraged was not because of the Rotherham paedos, 9/11 or the genocide going on in Iraq or Syria, but was when someone drew a few cartoons of Mohammed. That's pretty good going, no?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread about this yesterday but it must have been binned for some reason. Maybe it didn't fulfill the pre-requisite for having the word "Muslim" in the title ?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are pretty tolerant on the whole. The only time I can recall Muslims being outraged was not because of the Rotherham paedos, 9/11 or the genocide going on in Iraq or Syria, but was when someone drew a few cartoons of Mohammed. That's pretty good going, no?[/QUOTE]

Cartoons of the Mohammed are the greatest evil in the history of mankind - far worse than genocide, terrorism. peodophila or gang rape.

They should be banned in this country and the press not allowed to print them.

Oh wait...
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    'Than the white people'. That's a bit of a racist statement in itself.

Shall we turn this around and see how it goes before the racist card is banded around.

Those bloody black or Asian people should STFU, for example.

I thought he was referring to the white people in the story, not "the white people" in general.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    More than likely what happened is someone eyeballed them or made a comment because people singing on the bus are up there with people playing music on their phones on the annoyance scale. And naturally they decided to blow it up out of proportion because who doesn't love a bit of outrage.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More than likely what happened is someone eyeballed them or made a comment because people singing on the bus are up there with people playing music on their phones on the annoyance scale. And naturally they decided to blow it up out of proportion because who doesn't love a bit of outrage.

If it's anything like a lot of the bus journeys I have, that's most likely what happened. It really wouldn't shock me if this couple actually did say something racist or highly offensive towards the woman.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is possible she actually was annoyed by the singing in general, it is annoying when you on a bus and just want to get where your going and people act up, talking loud on a phone, playing music, swearing loudly or people singing to their children.

So unless the woman is found, or the driver can remember what was said then we only have the word of the couple.

The X78 is a long, annoying bus journey for a local route if you do it from start to finish and most drivers don't want the hassle of calling the police, then having to fill in reports etc and more than likely just say to the people involved it's best you get off, there will be another X78 behind saves a lot of fuss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Victim blaming on the first page? Who would have thought such a thing possible?
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victim blaming on the first page? Who would have thought such a thing possible?

How do you know who is the victim here?

Is it the Asian woman for complaining about the singing or the choice of song or the couple for being thrown off a bus with a child?
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    Madness