Options

Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yungathart will you be watching SCD tonight im going to give it a go,but to tell the truth im really not that botherd.My friend that i go to stay with has rang me to let me know that her mother in law died today after a long illness but to make matters even worse my friends sister has aiso died today so ive spent most of today on the phone with her.On a lighter note guess whos coming to stay,two little dogs got them for ten days,just hope im up to it,and even better my OH is back from working away for the last three months.Must say its lovely to see Artem so happy and theres so much imfo coming though great photos and updates.Look forward on your take on tonights show yungathart.
  • Options
    silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    I thought that I read that Camilla had said she was not interested in dancing anymore ,last year she said she just wanted to act in future .

The pic is a little puzzling I wonder where it was taken , for the chair cover is just like the sofa that Natalie and Artem were pictured on sitting on more than once last year and on one when they were rehearsing at a studio you could see the sofa thought the door , I suppose Jared had been dancing with Katya getting ready for the tour .

Well done Miss Marples. Artem used that studio when he did the private lessons. I recognised the picture. Incidentally, Artem is driving Jared's car, it has a Utah number plate and not Beverley Hills. Thank goodness they are good friends and support one another.

I read that P&O are going to have SCD themed cruises on all their ships. Hope they have better luck than me getting to see the show. The theatre was full to the brim most nights.

Let's raise a glass to SCD even if our favourite dancer and choreographer is missing.
    TootsieLou wrote: »
    yungathart will you be watching SCD tonight im going to give it a go,but to tell the truth im really not that botherd.My friend that i go to stay with has rang me to let me know that her mother in law died today after a long illness but to make matters even worse my friends sister has aiso died today so ive spent most of today on the phone with her.On a lighter note guess whos coming to stay,two little dogs got them for ten days,just hope im up to it,and even better my OH is back from working away for the last three months.Must say its lovely to see Artem so happy and theres so much imfo coming though great photos and updates.Look forward on your take on tonights show yungathart.

Sorry to read your sad news TootsieLou. Thank goodness your OH will be home again.
  • Options
    yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TootsieLou wrote: »

I am going to watch but am not excited at all, but will try to keep an open mind . Sorry to hear your bad news moments today , my lovely new neighbour's mother died in the night she lived with her daughter and husband , so Ive been trying to help where I could , even if it it was only a handy shoulder .

Bet your happy about the returning family both four legs and two .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Miss Marples. Artem used that studio when he did the private lessons. I recognised the picture. Incidentally, Artem is driving Jared's car, it has a Utah number plate and not Beverley Hills. Thank goodness they are good friends and support one another.

I read that P&O are going to have SCD themed cruises on all their ships. Hope they have better luck than me getting to see the show. The theatre was full to the brim most nights.

Let's raise a glass to SCD even if our favourite dancer and choreographer is missing.

Sorry to read your sad news TootsieLou. Thank goodness your OH will be home again.

My glass is ready .!!!!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first impression as I saw all the couples on the floor , was there were a lot of harsh colours which seemed to clash .I did notice Ola had a very weird looking outfit in black , cant wait to see how it looks when she is moving . I did miss Artem not making his entrance , but cant so much about it now .

Couple 1 Caroline & Pasha, It did look like a Cha Cha , and she had a good go at it , her Cha Cha walk was not very evident , but all in all very promising and Sasha must think he's lucky . 27 .

2, Tim and Natalie , also did a CHa CHa , well sort of , pity his knees are bent all the time , while doing giant clompy steps, but I think he's on a par with Dave from last year , pretty awful but deliriously happy . 18.

3 Jake & Jannete. Tango . A very hard first dance , but even though he does not look like an Artem ( A Manly Hotttie ) I was very impressed by his slick footwork and his dance ability & attack . A good Tango really . 28

4 Judy & Anton , she looked very feminne and Anton looked very Anton in a kilt . Her neck and shoulders were rather stiff, but started off quite well, sadly she got left behind and Anton started to pull her round which got her feet in a mix up , but she did look very ladylike if some what late with her feet sometimes . 18 .

5, Scott Mills & Joanne , Oh dear I cant see Joanne having a very long stay unless he learns to move his legs more without clamping his thighs together while moving .he looked so camp and unlike Julienn last year who was happy to play on his very campness, I dont think Scott was , he was really trying but he was so wooden has no rhythm and very Robotic and stompy , other than that not a lot wrong ;-);-)

6 PIxie and Trent , enter the babes of the dance world , She can certainly sell her self and can move , she moves her arm well but it was more like a Disco dance to me rather than a Cha Cha , very similar to Abbey's last year , but she stand out as a pretty slick dancer who has experience of music and movement & knows how to use it for her advantage . 27

I wont say I have enjoyed the show as much as the last few years , but we all know why that is , and I did enjoy the quiet parts in the show even though the audience where verging on the hysteria of DWTS at times , but I am sssssssssssure the producers encorage it .
  • Options
    gb17gb17 Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone is well.

Thanks again, Silversandy, for all your links, especially for people like me not on twitter/Facebook, much appreciated.

Very sorry to hear your sad news TootsieLou.

I will be really interested to hear all your views and comments on tonight's SCD.

I've watched every show from every series, and I can honestly say IMO, this was the worst I have ever seen. The excitement and anticipation of who Artem would partner and seeing him dancing, and even missing Robin and James, didn't make up for having the new pros. I'm finding J Clifton very grating and annoying too. I know it's only the first week tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A good read silversandy , and she clearly likes Lea's attempt's. I think it was wise not to say anything about Artem and his Choreography as she had done in her missed report on Derek and partner from last week . We dont want the media raking the Romance up again , that would spoil Artem's chances .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gb17 wrote: »
    I hope everyone is well.

Thanks again, Silversandy, for all your links, especially for people like me not on twitter/Facebook, much appreciated.

Very sorry to hear your sad news TootsieLou.

I will be really interested to hear all your views and comments on tonight's SCD.

I've watched every show from every series, and I can honestly say IMO, this was the worst I have ever seen. The excitement and anticipation of who Artem would partner and seeing him dancing, and even missing Robin and James, didn't make up for having the new pros. I'm finding J Clifton very grating and annoying too. I know it's only the first week tho.

I had tried to ignore the fact there would be no Artem , but it was difficult , and it did resemble a posh church social I used to go to when a child in the war , when anything that was not warlike seemed wonderful while in all honesty they were pretty pathetic because of the false gaiety that was raised to cover up our lack of quality .

As far as Joanne Clifton I agree , what it will be like when we have the other Clifton being bright and coy on his little boy from you know where act I am not sure how long I will be able to stand it , one is waring two almost unbearable.. She may quieten down when she's been on for a week or two . fingers crossed .
  • Options
    Forum Member

James Jordan @The_JamesJordan

I missed seeing @artemchigvintse on Strictly tonight. The best dancer Strictly EVER had. FACT!!

Oh....and that Brad Shit guy 😜

He is talking about himself of course. On CBB he said, tongue in cheek, that he is the Brad Pitt of the dancing world.

For all James's "bull..." he has always said that Artem was the best dancer on SCD.

A great photo even if they didn't enjoy the evening

http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/james-jordan-artem-chigvintsev-nrta-national-reality-tv-awards-2013_3869507
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From psychelic Zandra Rhodes lookalike to a half decent dancer. (I know this video doesn't contain Artem but it is worth a look)

http://www.puredwts.com/2014/09/26/betsey-johnson-and-tony-dovolani-interviewed-about-dancing-with-the-stars/

Artem and Lea top the leaderboard

http://www.accesshollywood.com/dancing-week-2-surprising-star-tops-leaderboard_article_99092
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Artem replied to the Tweet from James

Artem ChigvintsevVerified account
    @artemchigvintse @The_JamesJordan thank you means a lot to me specially coming from you miss you and @The_OlaJordan

• Options
    Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your Sad News TootsieLou.
    Watched the Show last night but didn,t feel any of the excitement of the past Years. Kept looking for Someone who I knew wasn,t there. As someone said on here it is just like watching any other entertainment show, however I will keep watching. Not sure about all the Newbies, time will tell. When is your trip to the Isle of Wight Yungathart?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you don't watch Afterbuzz, it was interesting to hear Keo say he knew a week before the announcement that he was going to be a pro on DWTS. He also said that at his interview they only asked about three questions about dancing they were more interested in whether he was single or not. Shame he went out week 1 because he seemed a lot of fun on Afterbuzz.

Just in case you missed Artem showing off his six pack and Cha Cha underpants.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/p370x247/10421345_544684459010112_7476608674630130119_n.jpg?oh=da26719aa74ed3ea279a22bdd57f8266&oe=54C5E3B7&__gda__=1421864202_60c2c8ecaa8b31958bf39fea16bec584
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem replied to the Tweet from James

Artem ChigvintsevVerified account
    @artemchigvintse @The_JamesJordan thank you means a lot to me specially coming from you miss you and @The_OlaJordan

Thats good Im glad they are still comunicating for as you said in other post the pic was first class even though they were less than impressed by the evening.

One thing James said was that the pros should be able to choose their own music as they had been able to do previously

I think he has a point for when you think back to the music Artem has been given which did not fit with the theme they were to perform to , such as that awful KIller Queen for the american smooth which Artem did very carefully mention on ITT( when Zoe said the theme and music seemed at odds )exactly !!! an AS is usually soft and romantic , so its hard to make it so when the music suggest's a different thing .

Last year the music given to Abbey and Aljaz was nearly always floaty or happy skippy , which suited her best kind of dancing . Ola and her partner Ashley were given very odd combinations of music /dancetheme at times , such as the cowboy music for a Tango ( I think ). one of the judges commented about her choosing the cowboy theme and she pulled a face and shrugged , not saying anything , but giving the impression it wasnt her choice .

I think James was suggesting the producers can have a great deal of influence on the outcome and have been doing these last few years .

One of the things CRH said about James was he has been a good dancer but when the 30 year comes up time starts to show , and the person knows they are over the hill, he said when he was 29 he found he could not dance to the same standard he had been able to do before , so changed his focus to other things .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou69 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your Sad News TootsieLou.
    Watched the Show last night but didn,t feel any of the excitement of the past Years. Kept looking for Someone who I knew wasn,t there. As someone said on here it is just like watching any other entertainment show, however I will keep watching. Not sure about all the Newbies, time will tell. When is your trip to the Isle of Wight Yungathart?

I think we all missed you know who last night Lou. I will have to record tonights show as I am out at an awards night for my grandson's cricket team , they have had two promotions and won the other league in the three teams he plays in , and the times clash , last year I might have been temped to watch TV , but not this year , I wont be voting for anyone this year do it does not matter ( even though I know no one votes this week ).

I am off to the I of W early monday morning . so I will miss DWTS this week as there is no wifi connection at the hotel , and its back to the future as well , but I didnt see the film so I dont know what I will be missing . Needles to say I will be missing Artem , so I hope they dont get eliminated this week .
  • Options
    luigy39luigy39 Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem, the best dancer ever to perform on Strictly for me.

:D...and of coarse I love this technique and awesomeness compact piece of dancing ability :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlnXhuUlqM
  • Options
    TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First of all thank you for all your good wishes.Just been watching SCD theres something missing and i dont just mean Artem and even to a lesser degree Robin and dare i say it James,to me a bit of the sparkle has gone not keen on Tess fronting theres something very forced in her manner prehaps its just me as im not her biggest fan,ive also got the feeling that Kevin thinks hes got it in the bag, again im not a fan of his,early days time will tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member

James Jordan @The_JamesJordan · 12m

@artemchigvintse: @The_JamesJordan you funny love you man”

Miss you mate!! Not the same without you.

Artem has posted an Instagram video

http://instagram.com/p/tdgXTqvz1p/

A new Instagram from Jared. I lived in the Royal Borough 40+ years ago

http://instagram.com/p/tdLW-7vMVB/?modal=true
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made myself watch this new concept of SCD,hated not seeing Artem he is so missed on the Pro line up I knew I would miss him and how true that is, none of the male Pros come up to his level, also they really need some meat and muscles on them!
    Smug Kevin is unfortunately back he seems to have taken over the whole show and now his sister has been brought in !

Fast forwarded the bits whenTess and Claudia were on !

I really hope the BBC tempts Artem back he is so needed. DWTS I will have to suffer I really don't like it but to see Artem I'll grit my teeth and have a large glass of wine.
  • Options
    aimeeaimee1000aimeeaimee1000 Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made myself watch this new concept of SCD,hated not seeing Artem he is so missed on the Pro line up I knew I would miss him and how true that is, none of the male Pros come up to his level, also they really need some meat and muscles on them!
    Smug Kevin is unfortunately back he seems to have taken over the whole show and now his sister has been brought in !

Fast forwarded the bits whenTess and Claudia were on !

I really hope the BBC tempts Artem back he is so needed. DWTS I will have to suffer I really don't like it but to see Artem I'll grit my teeth and have a large glass of wine.
  • Options
    Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yungathart wrote: »
    I think we all missed you know who last night Lou. I will have to record tonights show as I am out at an awards night for my grandson's cricket team , they have had two promotions and won the other league in the three teams he plays in , and the times clash , last year I might have been temped to watch TV , but not this year , I wont be voting for anyone this year do it does not matter ( even though I know no one votes this week ).

I am off to the I of W early monday morning . so I will miss DWTS this week as there is no wifi connection at the hotel , and its back to the future as well , but I didnt see the film so I dont know what I will be missing . Needles to say I will be missing Artem , so I hope they dont get eliminated this week .

Well Done to your Grandson Yungathart, enjoythe Awards Ceremony.
    Like you I won,t be voting for anybody this year, I will just watch quietly.
    Hope you have a lovely Holiday on the Isle of Wight, my late Cousins Husband lives there. They planned to retire there but my Cousin never made it but her Husband who is Norwegian loves it there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen this photo of Artem before. I don't know about Lea getting a hug it looks as though Artem needs one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByQgB5LIgAAtKbC.jpg:large
This discussion has been closed.