Options

Kwusty's Perfume Pulled From Superdrug

TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They say its down to "ethical reasons" I just wonder it was because it wasnt selling and smelt like cat's pee

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not ethical to sell products that only poor exploited braindead people buy.
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SomebodytoLoveSomebodytoLove Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that when SuperDrug removed all the Jade perfumes at the height of Shilpagate, they remained in the stockroom of each shop until the furore had died down.

I suspect that Peteybabes' product is similarly sourced to that of his ex-wife, and I fully expect that the next time publicity is required, he'll be here, there and everywhere crying about the exploitation that he really knew nothing about.

Watch this space folks.;)
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAHA!

Asda now Superdrug, Jordan must be seriously pissed off....YAY!
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hangs around like a bad smell...why should people pay for her s*i**

And i agree somebody,..we do/do not love/hate each other etc etc is tedious in the extreme
  • Options
    cyrilsneercyrilsneer Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that Peteybabes' product is similarly sourced to that of his ex-wife, and I fully expect that the next time publicity is required, he'll be here, there and everywhere crying about the exploitation that he really knew nothing about.

Indeed you are correct ... both sourced by the same by the same company. Very interesting.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    cyrilsneer wrote: »
    Indeed you are correct ... both sourced by the same by the same company. Very interesting.

Do you have a link to that info cyril? :)
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    It's not ethical to sell products that only poor exploited braindead people buy.

Tell that to Rupert Murdoch!
  • Options
    OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have a link to that info cyril? :)

I suspect not ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that when SuperDrug removed all the Jade perfumes at the height of Shilpagate, they remained in the stockroom of each shop until the furore had died down.

I don't think so, if it was produced in the same facility in India as Katie's, it would have been withdrawn from sale too. It has nothing to do with publicity, but exploitation of the poor. I doubt if Katie did know about it - that is the problem if you just put your name to something. It is not her fault, nor would it be Pete's if the same happens to his perfume - not that this thread has anything to do with him.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Goddammit- I was planning to pop into Superdrug to buy some today as I had a sudden urge to start smelling like cat's pee....:D
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goddammit- I was planning to pop into Superdrug to buy some today as I had a sudden urge to start smelling like cat's pee....:D

Dont worry your local poundshop will be selling it before too long:D
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Dont worry your local poundshop will be selling it before too long:D

Phew- crisis averted!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    superdrug have to uphold some standards...
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    What sort of people would want to buy cheapo smelly scent with her name on it in the first place?
  • Options
    gipsycalistagipsycalista Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Do you think Krusty is bothered that workers in India are being paid 26p per hour making her perfume bottles !

As long as she is raking in the dosh she couldn't give a botox jab.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superdrug is obviously too upmarket for Pricey. Maybe her and Lurch will be offloading gallons of the stuff at a carboot sale near you soon - I reckon Dagenham Sunday Market is probably about the right level
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say its down to "ethical reasons" I just wonder it was because it wasnt selling and smelt like cat's pee

Tbh, it probably smells of orange day glow tan stench too;)
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    Whatever the siituation you would have thought Ms Price or her representatives could have coughed up more than 25p an hour.
    The firm, Pragati Glass, based in Kosamba in Gujarat, was approached three years ago by Price's representatives and was contracted to produce 300,000 bottles..........the first perfume she launched sold in Superdrug for £19.99 for a 50ml bottle.

The newspaper quoted Dinesh Gupta, managing director of Pragati Glass, as saying the employees are paid a basic wage equivalent to £1.75 per day for an eight-hour shift, with an additional 31pence from the government bringing the wage up to what he says is the legal minimum of 141 rupees (£2.05).
    The factory originally came to limelight when perfume tycoon, the late Bob Coleman, contracted Pragati to produce a perfume for Jade Goody,
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    Stephen Noronha, the vice-president in charge of export.......
    He said his company also handled the packaging and filled the bottles with perfume supplied to them. The original order was placed by Bob Coleman, a perfume tycoon who used Pragati to produce a perfume for the late reality TV star Jade Goody.

The firm produced more than 300,000 bottles for her perfume, ....... Coleman, who also launched a perfume for Jordan's ex-husband Peter Andre, died last year.

The article states the packiging is the most expensive part of the product and the perfume the cheapest.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what has happened to the Katie and Peter thrad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »

Deleted....and I'm not surprised.

I imagine very soon posting anything about Jordan will be banned.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    It's gone the same way as KP's perfume, it's been removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's gone the same way as KP's perfume, it's been removed.

Oh well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Superdrug is obviously too upmarket for Pricey. Maybe her and Lurch will be offloading gallons of the stuff at a carboot sale near you soon - I reckon Dagenham Sunday Market is probably about the right level

They might bump into Pete selling his cds:D