Options

Lost Girl Season 4 Canadian Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

Starting up again tonight.

Just re-watching season 2. I know I didn't like this season much when I first watched it, but I'm actually struggling to finish the remaining episodes now. I'm starting to think this is a show that doesn't suit multiple viewings.

Comments

• Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has become one of my favourite shows of the last 3 years or so. It has been rather a long time since the end of season 3 so it might take me a couple of episodes to fully get back into the swing of it.

I watched the pre-show and it sounds like they will be trying to introduce some fresh ideas whilst keeping the essence of what we have seen so far.

Episode 1 certainly did kick things off very nicely with some great scenes including Kenzi's wonderful dance routine, Vex in fine form in his strappy heels and a great monster of the week who looked rather familiar from somewhere.
  • Options
    SillyMammaSillyMamma Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Is it bad that I liked the show better without Bo?
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was very impressed by how well Vex moved in his heels.

Good opener, setting up the season nicely. Good to have the show back, and that Kenzie really shone.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, good opener.

Oh and Kenzie... I've always liked her anyway, but she looked utterly *stunning* at that party!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show has got so many brilliant actors playing so many wonderful characters, not only the main ones but also the recurring roles too. Lost Girl deserves more recognition than it gets. Great to see Emmanuelle Vaugier back looking stunning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Tamsin is in good form this year.

Enjoyed the Bo/Lauren reunion. So much more chemistry than Bo/Wolfboy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another very enjoyable episode this week with the fabulous costumes and the chance for some of the actors to play different roles.

The accent by Paul Amos / Vex as the prince was very funny. What was that supposed to be.... some sort of royal french?

Lost Girl is everything that a show should be.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I'm on the French episode now...it's bloody awful :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Apart from Lauren being hot and french, I hated it. They'd never have a scene where any of the men were in Bo's position.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Along with all the funny stuff and the supernatural action and the sexy stuff I especially enjoy the surreal elements to the show.

Some of the most memorable and successful TV shows of all time become cult classics because they operate on several different levels. Lost Girl has all the ingredients. At the moment I would say that it is my favourite show of the last 3 or 4 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to. I'm not sure why.

Oh, and the arc for this season...

If Kenzie is classed as a human terrorist, why haven't the Unamens (sp?) arrested her?

Why was Dyson belatedly accused of that murder? Was it purely so the Unamens could get the shoe, in the hope that he would give it up to save himself?
  • Options
    Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just started watching this show on Netflix just over a week ago. Caught up with the latest eps of season four over the weekend.

Personally i'm enjoying this season. In general, I find the dark fae to be more interesting that the light, so I like that Bo is currently "aligned" with the dark.

That being said, I have to agree with the above sentiments that the french episode wasn't all that great.

I really do love this show, it's currently my latest television obsession.

Kensie is my fave; she is so funny and her style is wicked-cool.

I'm very much on Team Lauren. I agree with Gulftastic that there seems to be more chemistry between Lauren and Bo as opposed to Dyson and Bo.

I think that Vex and Evany(sp?) are brilliant; I love their (respective) lack of morality and selfishness.

Evany loosening up in front of Lauren when helping her unpack her stuff into her new home has been my favourite part of the current series (so far).

I can't believe that it has taken me so long to discover this show! The first couple of seasons at least remind me a little of Buffy - which I feel make it even more of a crime that I hadn't watch Lost Girl sooner.

I honestly cannot stop recommending the show to anyone who will listen.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I love Lost Girl (behind on this series though). I wish many times over that they resolved the Dyson thing with having Bo as his mate for life. They really did not think that one through in season 1, I think that Lauren originally was only meant to be in a few episodes, they wrote her in more when the dynamic with Bo became good.

Bo and Lauren really are great together, but Dyson moping around is just irritating 3 seasons down the line. It would be much better if could get past the mate thing and find someone else like Kenzie, those two have great chemistry :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well... I had been expecting something to happen to Hale ever since we saw him affected at the end of that episode with the songbird woman (plus of course because he was now hooked up with Kenzi)... and I thought that's what was happening in this week's when he touched his ear after he Siren-blasted Massimo... But I wasn't expecting Massimo to get up and stab him from behind and for it to all be Kenzi's fault :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaand....the black guy dies first! Shame, but worth it for Kenzie in her knickers. What a bum that lass has.

Now Tam Tam wants Dyson? I cannot stand him. He's just a bloody drag.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This last episode totally and utterly broke my heart. Poor Kenzi :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Aaaaand....the black guy dies first! Shame, but worth it for Kenzie in her knickers. What a bum that lass has.

Now Tam Tam wants Dyson? I cannot stand him. He's just a bloody drag.

I love Dyson, but disagree totally with the Tamsin hook up. Definitely doesn't fit. Still at least its a turn away from the tedious Bo/Lauren/Dyson love triange which is really unbeliveable because Lauren and Bo have zero chemistry. I do not see what others see in that pairing - even Lauren and Evony had more chemistry over one episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Considering those 2 have hardly developed at all as a couple this season it was obvious Hale would die the second he proposed. Sorry to see him go, but with his other commitments it was only a matter of time. He was hardly in season 3 either :( Great acting from Ksenia Solo

Glad it's not just me that doesn't like Lauren. Terrible actress and a dreary-as-hell character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that this season has been a bit of a mess, so far :(

Also... *why* did Lauren do what she did to the Morrigan?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No idea. Also, the 'twist' with Vex and Mossimo was just terrible. I've completely lost track of so many things that are going on...not in a good way.

The scene with Bo, Dyson and Kenzie confronting Mossimo was oddly shit as well. Like they didn't even care about Hale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what the hell is going on this season. No idea. Something about a seed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the season finale was pretty good, but must admit I feel the show got a bit higgledy-piggledy and confusing during these last few episodes. Maybe I would benefit from watching the season through again if I get time. I like surreal, but not questions that are posed but not answered and there are several of those. I am even wondering if the answers were there but I missed them.

Anyway, over the 4 seasons we have seen so far I do feel it has been an exceptionally good show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    More rubbish. The bloke that died, I could care less about. Kenzie, on the other hand.....

What a complete mess of a season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh.

They surely can't have actually killed Kenzie off for good - I'd imagine she is a very popular character and I can't see many being happy if she is really dead.

And as it seems, to me, unlikely that she's going to stay dead... It really didn't have much of an effect on me when she died. I've shed tears at character deaths in other shows (certain people in Buffy & Angel, plus BSG), but as much as I love Kenzie I wasn't moved at all.

I still think this was one mess of a season. It just jumped around all over the place, and there are still things that weren't really explained or resolved, such as WTF Lauren "de-Faed" the Morrigan. My only guess is that she thought it would "help Bo", but I don't see how... And surely she's going to be Public Enemy Number One now to both Light and Dark - she didn't just take down a leader, she made a leader *human*. Oh well, Lauren said "bring it on" so I guess she'll manage :rolleyes:

EDIT: There's supposed to be a rolleyes smiley at the end of that, but the awful new forum style means it's not visible <rolleyes>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Renewed for a 5th season, will air later this year.

Watched the season 4 finale...it was shit. No idea what the hell was going through the writers heads this year but the entire season was a complete waste.