Options

"Ruling by fear" in a house where you can leave anytime?

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
I do think it's overplayed people saying this about Helen, simply for the fact that they could of left anytime if they wanted, but nobody did. It's worse for people who are ruled by fear and have to live in like a prison..

I don't doubt she's a intimidating presence, but if 18 year old Ashleigh can stand up to her, so could the others had if they wanted.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    They could all stand up to her if they wanted a miserable time, be ostracised and up for eviction every week, have her wipe her backside all over their sandwiches, have her spit in your tea. Have all your physical imperfections ridiculed, be screamed at while her group laugh in your face
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moleymo wrote: »
    They could all stand up to her if they wanted a miserable time, be ostracised and up for eviction every week

They had each other and their own company like Ashleigh proudly boasted about yesterday,

Sounds like all the ex housemates are bitter and had a miserable time anyway by not standing up to Helen! I'm sure she would of preferred it than be labelled a bully.
  • Options
    TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well a few of them did stand up to her in the house.
    1. Christopher told her
    2. Mark told told her
    3. Danielle told her
    4. Pav told her
    5. Matthew told her
    6. Ash in the first week
    7. Toya (in the toilet)

There may be more but its a myth that people haven't said to Helen about what she is like and stood up to her.
    The difference with Ashleigh is that she hasn't then done what most people do in life and thats try to get on with people.

Helen was the head of the group anyway as there will always be 1. I think that Ashleigh didn't like this and wanted to be head so made her own following.
    Helen and Ashleigh are both bitches.
    Helen is loud though and Ashleigh softer spoken so gets a away with it more.

If I had to choose between the 2 I would choose Helen as at least she is prepared to see her faults whereas Ashleigh seems to be 'up her own arse'.
    The funny thing is that Ashleigh says that about Helen yet I think it describes herself very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    They had each other and their own company like Ashleigh proudly boasted about yesterday,

Sounds like all the ex housemates are bitter and had a miserable time anyway by not standing up to Helen! I'm sure she would of preferred it than be labelled a bully.

She has been labeled a bully because she is.
    She does intimidate people you are either her friend and agree with her or an enemy and you will be made to feel like shit
    Look at her reaction to Christopher when he didn't invite her to the christmas party
    She screamed at him while her gang laughed at him, she threatened physical violence and spitting in tea arse wiping she nominated him and he was up for eviction
    The bully word that is overused in big brother was genuine in this case it's exactly what she is
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She does intimidate people you are either her friend and agree with her or an enemy and you will be made to feel like shit
    Look at her reaction to Christopher when he didn't invite her to the christmas party
    She screamed at him while her gang laughed at him, she threatened physical violence and spitting in tea arse wiping she nominated him and he was up for eviction
    The bully word that is overused in big brother was genuine in this case it's exactly what she is

I entirely agree.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tominxster wrote: »
    1. Christopher told her
    2. Mark told told her
    3. Danielle told her
    4. Pav told her
    5. Matthew told her
    6. Ash in the first week
    7. Toya (in the toilet)

There may be more but its a myth that people haven't said to Helen about what she is like and stood up to her.
    The difference with Ashleigh is that she hasn't then done what most people do in life and thats try to get on with people.

Helen was the head of the group anyway as there will always be 1. I think that Ashleigh didn't like this and wanted to be head so made her own following.

If I had to choose between the 2 I would choose Helen as at least she is prepared to see her faults whereas Ashleigh seems to be 'up her own arse'.
    The funny thing is that Ashleigh says that about Helen yet I think it describes herself very well.

That's true but it's a two-way street. I laughed myself silly a couple of times during nominations when what Helen and Ashleigh gave as their reasons for nominating each other could have just as easily applied the other way around. It is true there can only be on Queen Bee in a hive .. neither of those two get that though
  • Options
    big_ermbig_erm Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher has been the one consistent person to voice his opinion and dislike of some of Helen's comments to her face and he's made it to the final.. everybody says Ashleigh stood up to Helen - NO she didnt .. however Christopher has on many times

Toya didnt like Helen - was put up for eviction due to the power theme and Steven swapping with her .. public booted her out because she was loud, gobby and very intimidating - 'calm the F down'

Matthew - Put up for eviction due to girl power week .. Ashleigh evil plan to save Steven/Marlon and risk Matthew because she wanted Ash to go backfired but the public evicted Matthew out because of Ashleigh game playing.

Danielle - She left due to Zoe/Pav.

The 3 main people that took a strong dislike to Helen (Besides Ashleigh) were evicted and it had nothing to do with Helen.

I do think the ruling of the house has been over-played too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He didn't invite her though did he in the first place.

In other words he was 'brave' enough not to.

I only use the word brave because the thread is all about fear.

If he was really afraid of her he would have invited her. Therefore when ~Helen 'kicked off' it means that although she acts in that way people aren't really that scared where they can't do something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    I entirely agree.

In past big brother series I'm pretty sure her behaviour to others would have got her kicked out, she received at least three final warnings to our knowledge, she would try and tame her mean streak for a week and then she would be back to her aggressive intimidating ways
    I honestly can't comprehend why people want this awful woman to win
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Yes, anyone can leave at any time but why should they have to because of the behaviour of one person? The woman was given so many warnings it is ridiculous that she was not evicted, so to say they should have walked because of Helen is wrong. For some people going into the house is a major deal and no one should have been made to feel as intimidated as they were because of another's actions.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    1. Christopher told her
    2. Mark told told her
    3. Danielle told her
    4. Pav told her
    5. Matthew told her
    6. Ash in the first week
    7. Toya (in the toilet)

There's a main difference in the bitching stakes IMO.

Helen is streetwise, been round the block more than a few times and is a 27 yr old mother. Ashleigh is 18, has completed her A levels & is in a stable relationship.

It's quite natural for Ashleigh's age group to gossip and bitch. In my experience they fall out and make up with friends regularly it's part of growing up.

Helen however, should have had more sense, at her age and life experience than to be @rsed bitching about an 18 yr old. But, I think Helen isn't happy unless she has someone to focus her spite on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He didn't invite her though did he in the first place.

In other words he was 'brave' enough not to.

I only use the word brave because the thread is all about fear.

If he was really afraid of her he would have invited her. Therefore when ~Helen 'kicked off' it means that although she acts in that way people aren't really that scared where they can't do something.

Exactly Christopher was brave. He got a lot of shit for that, he got nominated humiliated screamed at, ridiculed, had threats etc
    Mark on the other hand during his interview admitted he didn't tell the truth about his thought process involving the money during the power trip task because he was scared of the reaction of his mate Helen, so instead joined in the bullying of Chris
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with the OP is that by walking out you destroy your own experience and chances, so it is a real kamikaze weapon.

The traditional way of showing that you are being picked on and made unhappy is to nominate that person. In the old-style BB you were perfectly safe doing that, as they would never know until they were out of the house. BB chipped away at that protection when they started revealing nominations, in various ways; then obviously destroyed it in the case of Helen by giving her permanent immunity.
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could all stand up to her if they wanted a miserable time, be ostracised and up for eviction every week, have her wipe her backside all over their sandwiches, have her spit in your tea. Have all your physical imperfections ridiculed, be screamed at while her group laugh in your face

and the loudest laugh is ALWAYS ash. Weirdly, i cant figure out why he's suddenly become cry baby or whether BB has just edited in the one time he's cried and makes it look like a ton of times.

IF anything, i'd guess HE"S afraid of outside house and whats gonna happen with Helen. Mates my arse.

I live for the hope that helen's TRUE past is laid out for all to see at the finals.
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In past big brother series I'm pretty sure her behaviour to others would have got her kicked out, she received at least three final warnings to our knowledge, she would try and tame her mean streak for a week and then she would be back to her aggressive intimidating ways
    I honestly can't comprehend why people want this awful woman to win

because she's pretty and laughs a lot. Face it , the public are fickle and shallow
  • Options
    connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    I do think it's overplayed people saying this about Helen, simply for the fact that they could of left anytime if they wanted, but nobody did. It's worse for people who are ruled by fear and have to live in like a prison..

I don't doubt she's a intimidating presence, but if 18 year old Ashleigh can stand up to her, so could the others had if they wanted.
    It's not really worse they don't have to "Rule by fear".
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    Helen has lately acted like the victim and like everyone is bullying her-she can walk too anytime if she feels do hard done by!!
  • Options
    Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Christopher told her
    2. Mark told told her
    3. Danielle told her
    4. Pav told her
    5. Matthew told her
    6. Ash in the first week
    7. Toya (in the toilet)

I think Helen's main problem is precisely that she does not see her faults, certainly not in a realistic way. She bats them off lightly, dismisses them as minor failings, or 'being an arse' as if she has just been a bit silly or stupid. She constantly either blames others or projects her faults onto others as a means of stating others are equally as bad as she is. She in particular tries constantly to make out Ashleigh is exactly the same as herself but the real difference, as I see it, is that Ashleigh can be bitchy, and that has come out badly because she has fixated on Helen's bullying but Helen basically is a bitch; you only have to listen to her more general conversations and how she speaks about anybody who has annoyed her, much of her speech is full of belittling language and aggressive and nasty tone. It is almost her default setting because she is so full of anger which she constantly channels onto others for often the slightest reason, and sometimes (Jale) absolutely no reason at all other than spitefulness.

Helen is a strong woman and has presence but unless she can see the depth of how badly she behaves, how skewed her reactions are I don't really see how she can change. Basically I think she needs professional help.

I
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rolergirl wrote: »
    Helen has lately acted like the victim and like everyone is bullying her-she can walk too anytime if she feels do hard done by!!

Helens victim status is laughable, everyone keeps calling me aggressive just because I'm aggressive and they keep calling me nasty just because I behave nasty :(:(
    And I'm so scared that I will get booed for my behaviour :(
    And ok I have been nasty and humiliated people but it's not my fault they felt they couldn't sit with us :(
    Ok I have been bitchy and called other people names but Ashleigh has called me names too :(:(

Poor Helen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    1. Christopher told her
    2. Mark told told her
    3. Danielle told her
    4. Pav told her
    5. Matthew told her
    6. Ash in the first week
    7. Toya (in the toilet)

Helen doesn't know by her admission what she is doing wrong and I doubt she still won't even after watching it back, shocked that she made up with Ashleigh last night especially after Ash said Ashleigh was a nice girl and the only evidence of her being bitchy was what Helen was telling him
  • Options
    SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Helen is streetwise, been round the block more than a few times and is a 27 yr old mother. Ashleigh is 18, has completed her A levels & is in a stable relationship.

It's quite natural for Ashleigh's age group to gossip and bitch. In my experience they fall out and make up with friends regularly it's part of growing up.

Helen however, should have had more sense, at her age and life experience than to be @rsed bitching about an 18 yr old. But, I think Helen isn't happy unless she has someone to focus her spite on.

People make me laugh sometimes when they talk about Helen being a '27 year old and a mother' as though that should make her so old and wise. She is only 9 years older than Ashleigh. When I was 27 (and a mother of two) I was just as daft as I was at 18 (when I was also married and a mother) 9 years is nothing really. I'm into my sixties now and I still can have my 'young and daft' moments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillipot wrote: »
    Helen doesn't know by her admission what she is doing wrong and I doubt she still won't even after watching it back, shocked that she made up with Ashleigh last night especially after Ash said Ashleigh was a nice girl and the only evidence of her being bitchy was what Helen was telling him

Well lets see if he thinks that she is such the nice girl when he watches the 'evil plan' episode which was ultimately to ensure that he was evicted.

I never saw that as an evil plan just great game playing on Ashleigh's part. She wanted Ash out though.

She is a bitch though as is Helen. Ashleigh is very nice to Ash also as she does it to piss Helen off. Nasty.

Still prefer Helen over Ashleigh.
  • Options
    some_body1some_body1 Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    As I have said in other posts the fact that Helen has ruled by fear makes her disgusting aggressive behaviour even worse.

She unlike any other contestant had a pass to the final. Therfore she didnt need to ever have a game plan, she would never need to bitch about people in order to manipulate etc. She could be herself and not let the house change her.

In essence she has had an easy ride so why oh why would you behave in such a manner that would ruin other peoples time in there. Why the need to be so aggressive, angry illogical and cruel.

The answer is simple she is rotten to the core and her hurt hurts every one else!

In fact the times she has put the poor me poor me act on has been her own doing - she cries and acts like she has been on a journey :o A personal journey she has pioneered. If she wasnt such a nasty piece of work she wouldn't need to apologise for behaviour and be a so called "bigger" person and have learnt things.

Its like giving a plaster to someone you have deliberate pushed over and - Oh look at how big a person I am. :confused:

Given her personality and atrocious behaviour all the housemates and especially young Ashleigh have dealt with her extremely well. There is no escape from her in that house and Big brother have amplified her behaviour by continually supporting it by giving her ammunition of highly edited clips to feed her warped mentality.

No other housemate has been able to view clips of her behaviour. In fact they have never once compiled any of her disgusting behaviour together... oh I forgot that is the majority of the show!!!!

This has been the most manipulated nasty BB I have ever seen. >:( >:(
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member

What does that have to do with anything? Helen and Ashleigh and most of the other housemates for that matter bitch because it's part of their nature. They ALL do it not just those two.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Christopher told her
    2. Mark told told her
    3. Danielle told her
    4. Pav told her
    5. Matthew told her
    6. Ash in the first week
    7. Toya (in the toilet)

Well said.