Options

Ant and dec on tour

adamlee19adamlee19 Posts: 632
Forum Member
✭✭
Its funny on forums like these theres quite a lot of nasty comments about Ant and Dec,
But they must be doing something right from what ive heard there basicaly selling out arenas all over the country.
Plus noones said anything negative from the people thats seen them on tour.

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what tv show: UK is this about ;-)
  • Options
    adamlee19adamlee19 Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday night takeaway only difference on tour lol.
  • Options
    tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Ah, the old 'from what I've heard' comment, surely it must be true, who needs empirical evidence when you heard it on the grapevine or read it on the Internet, probably Twitter :p

You are aware that arena tours sell out quickly because 3rd party shysters like Ticketmaster buy them all up as soon as they become available ^_^
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,408
    Forum Member
    tony-w wrote: »
    Ah, the old 'from what I've heard' comment, surely it must be true, who needs empirical evidence when you heard it on the grapevine or read it on the Internet, probably Twitter :p

You are aware that arena tours sell out quickly because 3rd party shysters like Ticketmaster buy them all up as soon as they become available ^_^

When you buy tickets from the arena box office, you see rows and rows of empty seats in front of you.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't cross the street to see these overrated fools with a free ticket.
    McPartlin in particular is a smug sneering prat these days, little wonder he votes Tory.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    McPartlin in particular is a smug sneering prat these days, little wonder he votes Tory.

Same here but what I cannot understand is what are they supposed to be — as far as I can see they are not comedians, singers, actors, sportsmen but just presenters of questionable quality. So what are they doing on these tours to attract sell-out audiences.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can both sing and dance, as well being good presenters and likeable personalities who complement each other.
    They won many prestigious awards.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,132
    Forum Member
    tony-w wrote: »

Maybe the first show or two but multiple extra dates were added and sold out as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John Dough wrote: »

I think the fact that you chose to mention his political allegiances says more about you than him.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    So what are they doing on these tours to attract sell-out audiences.

It's just their tv show live, simple as that!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/review-ant--decs-takeaway-7624590
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the fact that you chose to mention his political allegiances says more about you than him.

He's a smug man who had a very lucky break but he's about as 'worthy' as that other talentless Geordie, Cheryl Tweedy, ie. Not at all.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Ant & Dec are past their sell by date. Saturday Night Takeaway? What am I supposed to find entertaining about some random Joe Public winning £50 on their show? ITV will show any old sh*te.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they were appearing at the Leeds Arena recently, they were giving away tickets at a local Morrison's under the guise of some kind of raffle but almost everyone seemed to be winning in the few minutes I was about (reading the newspapers located nearby), so doubt that the arena was a sell out. It may have been full (don't know, wasn't there) but how many paid for the tickets?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Ant & Dec are past their sell by date. Saturday Night Takeaway? What am I supposed to find entertaining about some random Joe Public winning £50 on their show? ITV will show any old sh*te.

ITV are a commercial channel and SNT is one of their highest rated shows. What do you expect them to do exactly?