The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    What Money Can;t Buy ... OMG Alex wrote this! with a little help ofcourse! Her vocals OMG she just slayed my life!

This is why i stan for Alex!
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She should forget the UK and promote this HARD in Europe. It's SO European....

Tonight, Oh La La and Fire could all be huge hits there....

Let Me Now about THAT!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Money Can;t Buy ... OMG Alex wrote this! with a little help ofcourse! Her vocals OMG she just slayed my life!

This is why i stan for Alex!

She has a talent for writing....they should give her a bit more freedom to co-write imo...I love that moment on the album....it's completely different from the rest of it. :D
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    What Money Can't Buy should be the next single (in the UK at least).

It's a ballad, and she needs one to change things up. Her voice sounds strong and emotional on the snippit as well.

I agree, but there's a gap in between LIG and the autumn. It would end its run in early August. It just depends. I want it to be one, she needs that Xmas album sales.
    Forum Member
    She has a talent for writing....they should give her a bit more freedom to co-write imo...I love that moment on the album....it's completely different from the rest of it. :D

IKR. Anyone can write a song. It's quite easy, the hardest bit is composing, rather than lyricism. The more you write, the easier it becomes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's too risky to have WMCB as an early single, ballads are just not that popular on the radio unless they have some kind of beat....

Fire, Tonight and Oh La La definitely need to be singles though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna be be be be, i'm gonna be be be be, sitting on top of the world.. Yep gonna be singing that all night! :D
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody else love "Sitting on Top of the World"?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diva93 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be be be be, i'm gonna be be be be, sitting on top of the world.. Yep gonna be singing that all night! :D

So will I......once la da dee la da da gets out of my head that is...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel stupid but it's quite emotional lmao. Just because we've not had an album for quite a while and she's finally back and this is the album we'll be talking about/comparing to for years instead of Overcome and I feel so happy! Oh La La is becoming my favourite song of hers and i've only heard 30 seconds lmao. OMG.
    Forum Member
    Anybody else love "Sitting on Top of the World"?;)

I'm seriously loving it!

Is it possible for to fall in love with music that you only heard 40 seconds of? Cuz i think i just did
  • BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also...having listened to the previews of the album, whatever happens, I'm proud of Alex and the risk she's taken to grow as an artist.

This is a completely cohesive album from an artist who knows what they want to be, and what type of album they want to produce. It may not be the specific direction you want Alex to go in (ie some people want her to be more R&B or more ballad based), but she's such a versatile singer that'll she'll always be spoiled for choice in terms of choosing a direction.

But with this album, it feels like she's taken a real quantum leap beyond most of her British peers. The whole "a litle bit of something for everyone" approach of Overcome is gone. It's the same approach used by her peers like Pixie Lott or Jessie J. No cohesiveness whatsoever. Just hit and hope. Alex now has a sound all her own.

If Alex fails commercially, it won't be because she didn't show any growth as an artist. It'll be because the industry chose not to support one of our strongest talents.
    Forum Member
    It's too risky to have WMCB as an early single, ballads are just not that popular on the radio unless they have some kind of beat....

Fire, Tonight and Oh La La definitely need to be singles though...

XF, lorraine, Daybreak, Alan carr and all the others in the autumn could make it a hit. She NEEDS to put it out as single #4 IMO. After OLL.
    Forum Member
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    Also...having listened to the previews of the album, whatever happens, I'm proud of Alex and the risk she's taken to grow as an artist.

This is a completely cohesive album from an artist who knows what they want to be, and what type of album they want to produce. It may not be the specific direction you want Alex to go in (ie some people want her to be more R&B or more ballad based), but she's such a versatile singer that'll she'll always be spoiled for choice in terms of choosing a direction.

But with this album, it feels like she's taken a real quantum leap beyond most of her British peers. The whole "a litle bit of something for everyone" approach of Overcome is gone. It's the same approach used by her peers like Pixie Lott or Jessie J. No cohesiveness whatsoever. Just hit and hope. Alex now has a sound all her own.

If Alex fails commercially, it won't be because she didn't show any growth as an artist. It'll be because the industry chose not to support one of our strongest talents.

*round of applause*!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D It's very risky. But she brought the vocals so I'm really happy. I think Syco must've put autotune/melodyne or something on the vocals because there is nothing on these, just pure vocal, compare it to 19 or Back to Black, the vocal is just as raw, you can hear it on WMCB. I hope radio does support her. She's done well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    XF, lorraine, Daybreak, Alan carr and all the others in the autumn could make it a hit. She NEEDS to put it out as single #4 IMO. After OLL.

If she can get that kind of promo, then it would be very smart to use WMCB in the same way Rebecca used Nothing But Real Love to help shift the album....

I think it would convince a LOT of people to buy it with vocals like that...
    Forum Member
    If she can get that kind of promo, then it would be very smart to use WMCB in the same way Rebecca used Nothing But Real Love to help shift the album....

I think it would convince a LOT of people to buy it with vocals like that...

That's what I mean. She needs to put it out as it's a ballad and she's only had 2 as singles. Like XF first, then the next show the week after, and appear of each one each week, a good 6 weeks of appearances (even though she might film them all at the same time). The vocal is so raw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK I'm on the Sitting On Top Of The World stan list too now....this has me hooked and it's only a snippet....makes me want the album even more now...:D
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire & Ooh La La sound unreal and Heartbreak n Hold, it sounds like a VERY strong album I just wish there was 1 duet and 1 more ballad on the album
    Forum Member
    Feel stupid but it's quite emotional lmao. Just because we've not had an album for quite a while and she's finally back and this is the album we'll be talking about/comparing to for years instead of Overcome and I feel so happy! Oh La La is becoming my favourite song of hers and i've only heard 30 seconds lmao. OMG.

Me too. She's really worked hard.
    Forum Member
    It's sad the normal version only has 1 ballad, rooting for at least 1 more on the Deluxe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Me too. She's really worked hard.

I've had my doubts and my worries but to be honest, I don't care about it's chart position anymore because this album is just amazing and.. WE know she has worked hard and WE know she is talented so it's just up to the world to realise this too.

EDIT: And i'm sure in time, they will. :)
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I love the album but it does all sound very samey which isn't a bad thing...

She will have some great pop tunes from this album for sure but maybe 1 ballad and 1 collab would have made it the perfect album.

I feel as if it's a step up from Overcome, Overcome had A LOT of fillers.... All of the songs on HOH sound quality.
    Forum Member
    I've had my doubts and my worries but to be honest, I don't care about it's chart position anymore because this album is just amazing and.. WE know she has worked hard and WE know she is talented so it's just up to the world to realise this too.

EDIT: And i'm sure in time, they will. :)

I have and we are always right to have them. She'll never have radio handed to her on a plate or public glory. She'll have to work for it. But she will and can and deserves the glory in the end :)
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT MONEY CANT BUY IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT YDAY!!! :eek: (regarding a stripped back performance showing range and ability, rather than power)

I am officially SO SO SO Happy!! The album sounds AMAZING! :D:D:D
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard it and the stand out tracks for me on first listen are Fire, Tonight and Oh La La.

I am so excited for this now!! :D
This discussion has been closed.