Anyone here work for a mobile network? advice please.

rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all.

I'm not going to go in to much detail about this, but basically my partner has gone missing since Thursday afternoon, I have contacted the police to file a missing persons report etc,. They have told me that they won't do in depth checks I.e bank account or tracing the mobile until they consider him missing to be high risk in their categories.

Do you think if I was to phone up my partners mobile network provider they would give me any information as to where it was last used etc?

Thanks

Rick

Comments

• LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I don't work for a mobile network but, I wouldn't have thought they would be able to give the information out to you. I know you are worried and actively trying to find your partner but in all honesty, the phone provider do not know that. I would have thought (happy to be corrected) it would fall under data protection laws.

I hope your partner is found safe and well soon x
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckyyem wrote: »
    Sorry I don't work for a mobile network but, I wouldn't have thought they would be able to give the information out to you. I know you are worried and actively trying to find your partner but in all honesty, the phone provider do not know that. I would have thought (happy to be corrected) it would fall under data protection laws.

I hope your partner is found safe and well soon x

Thank you for your reply, I had a feeling that would be the case, I tried the bank (we have joint accounts) to check for activity from his isa as I don't have access and had the same respone. :(
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    Do you think if I was to phone up my partners mobile network provider they would give me any information as to where it was last used etc?
    I hope not. I value my privacy more than that. They should refuse to give you any information at all. Work with the police.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    I hope not. I value my privacy more than that. They should refuse to give you any information at all. Work with the police.

I truly understand where you are coming from, and normally would never think of doing such a thing. But when I feel desperate to make sure he is ok, I just want to try anything.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all.

I'm not going to go in to much detail about this, but basically my partner has gone missing since Thursday afternoon, I have contacted the police to file a missing persons report etc,. They have told me that they won't do in depth checks I.e bank account or tracing the mobile until they consider him missing to be high risk in their categories.

Thanks

Rick

No they won't. Same as any other business.

Hope he turns up soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they won't. Same as any other business.

Hope he turns up soon.

Yep thought so. Just worth asking that's all,

Thanks you for your concern, I'm out of my mind trying to figure out what going on with him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep thought so. Just worth asking that's all,

Thanks you for your concern, I'm out of my mind trying to figure out what going on with him

Silly question probably, but I assume you have contacted all his family and friends. His usual hangouts. His employers. Checked his social media.

What happens when you call the phone ? Does it accept messages or what ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silly question probably, but I assume you have contacted all his family and friends. His usual hangouts. His employers. Checked his social media.

What happens when you call the phone ? Does it accept messages or what ?

Not silly at all, I have tried Facebook & twitter no activity, I am not aware of him being on any other. Yep tried family and friends that I know of. Both the police and I have contacted his employer that's where he was last seen on Thursday and never went to work Friday.

When I ring from my mobile it goes straight to voice mail, but I have been told from friends and family that when they try, the voice message say it can not connect the call.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the police indicated how long he will have to be missing for them to consider him at risk ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the police indicated how long he will have to be missing for them to consider him at risk ?

I asked that but they were very vague on that answer, basically should they find any evidence he is potentially at risk then it will go up to high risk, I don't know how much work and resource it take for them to do those type of checks :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will probably fetch up this evening wondering why you have been so worried.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will probably fetch up this evening wondering why you have been so worried.

I hope this is out of character for him to do this , we been together 4 years and it's never happened before, I'll be so angry if he turns up not bothered about the worry and stress he put me through :(:(:cry:
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You try something like http://trendblog.net/how-to-track-your-lost-android-phone-without-tracking-app/
    though a bit of a long shot.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you live together?

As for the mobile question I used to work in call centre for one 10 years ago and that info would only be given to police
  • LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you considered putting his details on the missing persons page on Facebook? If you contact him they put the information out for you, it might be worth a shot? X
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I've got no advice but I couldn't read and go. I really hope he's found soon, safe and well.