Options

Am I a superhero or do womens periods just smell?

BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
Forum Member
✭✭
I am in a backpackers hostel and there is a Chilean girl in the bunk above me. I cannot rest my eyes, nor nose, as she smells violently of period.

This is not a new occurrence, I have smelt many a period.

I smell my mothers period.

I haven't spoken to my mother in a year. This is nothing to do with her period. Infact I don't know why I mention that.

Is smelling period my superhuman ability, or is it normal? Can everyone smell a period? Or are these women just not as clean as they could be?

Comments

• Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    That is grotesque!

I've never smelt period, but now I'm gonna be totally paranoid when I have mine...thanks for that!

Sleep well!!!
  • Options
    Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean the smell of fish and iron? ;-)
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member

Urgh!!! I can stand no more...I'm off to beddiebyes! 😴💤💤💤
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    Urgh!!! I can stand no more...I'm off to beddiebyes! 😴💤💤💤

Sweet dreams Safi Xx :D
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how can you smell a full stop
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
    Administrator
    Superheroes post in the correct forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes! It's very metallic. And a hint of fish I suppose. I'm grimacing even writing this. I don't want to be offensive. Men have smelt worse. They haven't though. This is revolting.
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    I am in a backpackers hostel and there is a Chilean girl in the bunk above me. I cannot rest my eyes, nor nose, as she smells violently of period.

I haven't spoken to my mother in a year. This is nothing to do with her period. Infact I don't know why I mention that.

Is smelling period my superhuman ability, or is it normal? Can everyone smell a period? Or are these women just not as clean as they could be?

Your superhero name is Beaver the Bloodhound :D
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Pah, this thread is so rank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes! It's very metallic. And a hint of fish I suppose. I'm grimacing even writing this. I don't want to be offensive. Men have smelt worse. They haven't though. This is revolting.

LMFAO!. Well you know what they say "What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger". You should try and drop a little hint or something. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superheroes post in the correct forum.

I don't want to "chat" about it really. I've just asked a question, or a consideration. I tried to raise that question with as little offence as possible. I used a bit of humour to accomplish that. I'm genuinely very sorry you didn't appreciate that DS Forum Support, and I will strive harder to make any notion I have in future, more developed, more articulate (within an expected agreement; that I now must hope to understand), and much more credible, if I wish to be taken for a serious author of these boards, rather than the amateur that your "forum support", forsaken me to be.
  • Options
    Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, sorry to burst your bubble but you are not a superhero. You are just a person trying to sleep in a bank under a woman who's personal hygiene is dubious.

Have to say that if I were picking a super hero quality "Can Smell Periods" man (or woman) would not be my number one choice :).
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do have a unique smell, unfortunately. Therefore, I don't need to interact with the women I have lived with, to know they are on their period.
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might I suggest to the OP that moving his location might help :D
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean he should have the top bunk and she has the bottom? Wise move.
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    Do you mean he should have the top bunk and she has the bottom? Wise move.

Err.....yes that's obviously what I meant :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your superhero name is Beaver the Bloodhound :D

Nah, Bloodhound Beaver has a better ring to it lol.
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member

That thought did come to me too, but then I thought, what if she stunk up the whole bed :o:D
    Nah, Bloodhound Beaver has a better ring to it lol.

I agree, that does sound better :kitty:
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    Could you have opened a window ?? Or turned on a fan or flapped your blankie ??

Who could have ever thought this -thread :o title- & it's contents - could all be so funny
    ** but it'was !!!!! **
    :D:D:D:D:D:D