Options

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kid B wrote: »

Have to search about Fielding because I've not heard of him before so don't know what he does.

I envy you.

"What he does"? Very little these days....
  • Options
    Kid BKid B Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    I envy you.

"What he does"? Very little these days....

Apparently he is an actor, an artist, a musician AND a writer, no wonder he is tired out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack of all trades, master of none.
  • Options
    briggsy1briggsy1 Posts: 10,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On top of everything else we get those two tits in Dictionary Corner.

Is it too much to ask for Sean and Jon to be on the same show at the same time these days?

That's no way to talk about Susie Dent!
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel Fielding was better than expected and I liked the duo in Dictionary Corner, but Sean's 'nephew', the acting round and some of Jimmy's interludes were just plain nonsense

The show still has its moments but, being Channel 4, they keep introducing half-baked ideas to 'keep it fresh'. They did the same thing with Chattyman by introducing silly games - their meddling was the cause of its demise.
  • Options
    RickLopezRickLopez Posts: 14,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are Lock and Richardson rarely on the same show any more?
  • Options
    LadyChatterboxLadyChatterbox Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    We wondered if Sean and Jon had fallen out and refused to appear in the same show together as they have been on separate episodes for ages. They were both on the Christmas special, but that was probably filmed last Easter.
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We wondered if Sean and Jon had fallen out and refused to appear in the same show together as they have been on separate episodes for ages. They were both on the Christmas special, but that was probably filmed last Easter.

Why would people think they'd fallen out? Has there been a rumour on twitter or something? I loved the skit with Jimmy and the balloons. And even though the show is just plain old nonsense for me it has a Shooting Stars vibe that you don't get from other panel shows. It also has a better caliber of guest than Shooting Stars did, at least in it's revamp era.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RickLopez wrote: »
    Why are Lock and Richardson rarely on the same show any more?
    My guess is that neither wants to do the show now, but the producers insist that at least one of them does in each episode, so they alternate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    My guess is that neither wants to do the show now, but the producers insist that at least one of them does in each episode, so they alternate.

Makes a mockery of the 8 Out of 10 cats format being applied to it then. Might as well just be "rotating comedians do Countdown."

I still want the original show to return, would they both come back for that?
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,230
    Forum Member
    Makes a mockery of the 8 Out of 10 cats format being applied to it then. Might as well just be "rotating comedians do Countdown."

8 Out of 10 Cats has returned, with the current series airing on More4. Team captains are Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The original show has been back for weeks now. (Beaten to it)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    8 Out of 10 Cats has returned, with the current series airing on More4. Team captains are Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea.
    Radiogram wrote: »
    The original show has been back for weeks now. (Beaten to it)

I know it has, but not with Sean and Jon, which are the real team along with Jimmy. It's a pale imitation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Jon tonight but no Sean. Presumably next week we get Sean but not Jon?
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    the audience seem to laugh at anything they say, no matter how unfunny it is...cant stand it..
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Jon tonight but no Sean. Presumably next week we get Sean but not Jon?
    I was thinking this, have they fallen out? :D
  • Options
    AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with the Jon Sean thing? All I see when I look it up is pure speculation but where did the rumour come from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Jon and Sean together on a programme alert*

3 February.

Producers must have bribed them or something ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean AWOL again.
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,682
    Forum Member
    Last night's episode was really good imo, love Johnny Vegas on this and him being paired with Jamie Lang made for some comedy gold.

Also loved the attempts at beating the World Records, all in all a great show with great chemistry between the panel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I never saw Vegas on anything else ever again it'd be too soon.

Part of the sub-genre of so-called comedians for whom Comedy = Shouting.

Might be subjective but Jon seems much more involved and animated without Sean being there. Weird.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tuned in, checked out Rachel, saw that there was a Made In Chelsea turd appearing, turned over.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Tuned in, checked out Rachel, saw that there was a Made In Chelsea turd appearing, turned over.

Shame that because he's great fun.
  • Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,682
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

He's a good chap, don't let the Made in Chelsea background turn you off, he's not the total annoying type you'd expect from those shows.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4 seem to think the show continuously needs to evolve and keep introducing new ideas, most of them bad, like games and world records between rounds, Jimmy's ever more nonsensical rubbish during rounds, and, for the last two weeks, having non-comedians* as guests.

*Correction - just looked him up and apparently Phil Wang IS a comedian.