The Missing- Series 2

AneesaAneesa Posts: 783
Forum Member
✭✭
The Missing Series 2 starts Wednesday 12 October, 9pm BBC1

A woman, previously abducted, may hold the key to the location of another missing girl.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07zfth2

I thought there should be a separate thread for the second series. Looking forward to watching this and to hear everyone's theories; there were some great ones in the previous thread.

See you all at 9pm!

Comments

• hallchallc Posts: 200,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have set the recorder, looking forward to it ..
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this ( I'm also secretly hoping that writers were lying about Nesbitt's character and we see him again looking for his kid )
  • tim123tim123 Posts: 3,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fool me once, shame on you
    fool me twice, shame on me

count me out!
  • HavingALaughHavingALaugh Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching
    I loved series one.
  • Imogen_RichardsImogen_Richards Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. I loved the last series and also really like Keeley Hawes and David Morrissey.
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found out this is on! The return of Tcheky Karyo!
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait!
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's anything like as good as the first series it will be worth watching. That was one of the best acted tv dramas in years.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Keeley and David but the last series was pants so hope this one is better.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got bored of series 1 half way through but I'm prepared to give this a go. The cast looks good.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the creepy theme music.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small quibble: is it likely that someone in the Army would be based in Germany for over 11 years? Those I knew in the forces got moved around regularly.
  • notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the beginning was a flashback and this girl in hospital is the schoolgirl grown up and back from wherever she was taken? Am I right?
    I got confused enough with the last series but that was partly because I can't stand Jimmy Nesbitt so it made it hard to watch.
  • AneesaAneesa Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be able to watch this live, so will have to catch up tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now we are in Iraq so I know it will be confusing again. Too many nationalities and no doubt lots of politics which I don't understand.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I am getting a bit lost with it now. :confused:
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Loved the first series but it does take alot of attention

They've done the mum hair short and long hair again to show the flashbacks

I missed the bit where baptiste is suddenly in the middle east with no hair ...why?
    Forum Member
    They were taken in France ...,The girls ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Baptiste went to Iraq it said 'present day' on the screen, and the girl is in hospital in 2014.
    I have to remember to watch everything on the screen but I need subtitles too.
    Forum Member
    When Baptiste went to Iraq it said 'present day' on the screen, and the girl is in hospital in 2014.
    I have to remember to watch everything on the screen but I need subtitles too.

Ok...sex trafficking then?
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »

I missed the bit where baptiste is suddenly in the middle east with no hair ...why?

All we know is he is looking for the guy who kidnapped the girls in Iraq, that is in the present day, most of the episode is from 2014 when Alice was found.
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »

She returned in 2014. It seems Baptiste figured out who took the girls and is after him in Iraq,
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I must admit I'm getting a bit lost now. I'm going to have to re-watch this tomorrow.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't the woman in the red beret ask for Baptist's help earlier on and now she doesn't want it? She doesn't seem to know who he was.

The time laps are confusing.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't the woman in the red beret ask for Baptist's help earlier on and now she doesn't want it? She doesn't seem to know who he was.

The time laps are confusing.

Yep that's what I thought that was a bit confusing not sure why she acted so suprisedhe was there when she had just called him for help a few days before!