Clearly the last scenes were filmed after the show got the axe.:mad:
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    lloydsimco wrote: »
    It was all a dream!!!

It could be interpreted 2 ways.

1. If it had been renewed it could be interpreted as his mind creating a 3rd 'reality' where his wife and son are both alive because the fantasy where one is dead and one is alive isn't enough for him.

2. It has been cancelled so it will be interpreted that reality is the one where his family is alive and the whole thing was a dream within a dream.

I like how it was left to the viewer to interpret the ending in which ever way they want.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    It was all a dream!!!

Neither of those things are true. It wasn't all a dream and the ending was always going to be the ending whether it was renewed or not.
  • Options
    lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Neither of those things are true. It wasn't all a dream and the ending was always going to be the ending whether it was renewed or not.

And you know this how:rolleyes::confused:
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of interviews the show creator did after the finale aired.

For example
    TVLINE | Obviously there has been much speculation about what the heck we watched last night. Will you go so far as to say that it was not all a dream? That there was a car accident?

I’ve seen some really interesting [theories], and I wouldn’t say that anyone is wrong — except the people who are calling it a Dallas or a Newhart, any variation on “…and then he woke up.” That is absolutely not what we intended. If you watch the last few minutes again, I’m not sure what the argument for that [interpretation] even is. I suppose there’s the überpossibility that he’s in a coma and now having a third dream in the coma, but in no way should it be interpreted as, “He woke up and his family was fine. He’d just been having two nightmares.”

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member

What Corwin said.

I read it elsewhere but it was only posted on the previous page of this thread.
  • Options
    lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but the show has been axed, so why doesn't the writer just explain what the final scene represents. He has nothing to lose.
    If he can't, then this just shows that either it was poorly written with no outright plan for subsequent seasons, or simply that he's lying.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but the show has been axed, so why doesn't the writer just explain what the final scene represents. He has nothing to lose.
    If he can't, then this just shows that either it was poorly written with no outright plan for subsequent seasons, or simply that he's lying.

Or he is letting the viewer make up their own mind?

Though to be honest, from his interviews posted within this thread he does explain at least one possible interpretation which seems to be 'the' interpretation' but he leaves a bit of wriggle room for those fans who want their own interpretation.

Though I don't think he should be so mean about any who think it was a dream and he woke up like Pam finding Bobby in the shower.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ending was too much of a 'Emperors Clothes' style ending.

We are meant to think it was all clever or look stupid.

Well it didn't wash for me. Either he was in a coma and dreaming the two realities or he had some how ended up in two alternative realities.

But NO! He was naked.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ending was too much of a 'Emperors Clothes' style ending.

We are meant to think it was all clever or look stupid.

Well it didn't wash for me. Either he was in a coma and dreaming the two realities or he had some how ended up in two alternative realities.

But NO! He was naked.

Jason Issacs was Naked:eek: I missed that bit!!!!!

*runs off to watch end of the last episode again so see a nekid JI:D *