The Conspiracy Files - Trump Dossier BBC2

GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
Forum Member
Shown on BBC2 Friday evening i've only just watched this today but surprised not to see a thread on it. It was a CT'ers dream but fascinating to see how Trump has used this to prop up his campaign. From the Clinton emails to the father of Cruz branded as a Cuban "commie" involved with Lee Harvey Oswald! And the "Birther" fanatics really are something else!

I found it a fascinating watch. In fact if you watch it you may end up becoming convinced by some things yourself! :o

On iplayer here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0817q1v/the-conspiracy-files-the-trump-dossier
If Donald Trump loses his battle to become president, it is already clear that he will blame a conspiracy between the media and the political establishment to rig the election. And it won't be the first time that Donald has pushed conspiracy theories to advance his political career. The latest episode of Conspiracy Files investigates how Trump championed the notorious 'birther' conspiracy - which aimed to prove that America's first black president wasn't eligible to serve, and that his birth certificate was false. It is a claim that was believed by up to 60% of Trump voters - even though Trump has now finally disowned it.

Comments

• 4-Tel4-Tel Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually avoid anything relating to conspiracy theories, but this was quite an absorbing - and unsettling - watch.
  • GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
    Forum Member
    4-Tel wrote: »
    I usually avoid anything relating to conspiracy theories, but this was quite an absorbing - and unsettling - watch.
    I agree. I usually watch them to have a good laugh but after watching that documentary i wasn't laughing. We have our own 'secrets' here of course. The deaths of scientist and biological weapons expert David Kelly employed by the MoD and MI6 agent Gareth Williams employed at GCHQ whose body was found in a locked sports bag in his bath.

Neither have been explained beyond all reasonable doubt.