Who should be on the X Factor Judging Panel next year?

2»

Comments

• rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole
    Louis
    Simon/Mel B
    Cheryl/Dannii/Sharon
  • copterpylonscopterpylons Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Jedward!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Nicole for sure. She's such an amazing judge and mentor. As much as I hate Rylan, she's obviously doing something right to keep all her acts still in the competition.
    Anastacia - she was the best guest judge by far. Loved her.
    Mel B - loved how disarmingly honest she was.
    Cheryl or Danni - either of them back would be brilliant. I really miss both of them on the show. Not so keen on any male judges to be honest. Everyone knows for a fact that Louis will be back on it next year.
  • sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see Chris Moyles as a judge as he would be straight with contestants, and having been on the show itself knows what it's like, and would also have the viewpoint of what's popular with people from being a radio DJ.

As for others Robbie, Will.i.am, Cheryl, Mel B, Mel C would be good, or maybe someone like Shania Twain (who I thought was great when guest judging on American Idol a few years ago) or Lulu as an older artist which would bring something different to the panel!
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Robbie
    Mel B
    Gary
    Nicole or Kelly

Judges that can both act professionally and give us a smile on occassions!!

Now that would be a brilliant panel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Nicole - She's a great mentor and gives good critiques to the acts she isn't mentoring.

Calvin Harris/Mark Ronson - Contemporary writers/producers who are both extremely current and offer a unique voice to the competition.

Louis/Olly Murs - Old Reliable, would toe the company line and are both synonymous with the X Factor Brand.

Lily Allan - A wildcard in the mix, somebody who would clash with the rest of the judging panel and be extremely passionate about the competition. I think she'd fit the role perfectly.

I think if Louis was to go they'd play it very safe with the recast, Olly has even spoken about taking the Louis role in the past.
  • The Jordan ShowThe Jordan Show Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go for a complete reboot for the 2013 series with an all-new panel of judges.

Robbie Williams - Gary replacement
    He's Robbie Williams. That's all.

Kylie Minogue - Nicole replacement
    She's very recently said that she wouldn't be opposed to being a judge and has also said that she knows her music career won't be forever therefore she may want to settle down behind a desk for a bit, while taking advantage of the added promo being a judge on the show could give to a new studio album.

Rita Ora - Tulisa replacement
    Unlike Tulisa, Rita showcased her unadulterated excitement and lively nature when guest judging this year. In addition she also has links with some amazing people in the industry
    such as Jay Z and the rest of his Roc family. Yes, she was a bit too 'new' to do it this year but next year she'll have been in the charts a year and has already begun promo in the US.

Nick Grimshaw - Louis replacement
    As well as being very popular at the moment, this guy knows exactly what works in the real world and beyond the cliche X Factor act, is genuinely funny, and is fast becoming the new king of morning radio.

All of the above have expressed interest in the show and mentoring before therefore I don't think it would be completely out of the realm of possibility, provided the producers don't hold back on the cheques. I also think the chemistry would be brilliant between all four. Nick and Rita already get on quite well and are of a similar age so we could see a brother/sister type bond develop. Robbie and Kylie, too, get on really well and have worked together previously in the past. The panel would also help touch all demographics -- Robbie/Kylie bringing in the older crowd while Rita/Nick target the younger age group.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Burke
    Simon Cowell
    Keisha Buchanan
    Louis Walsh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    Simon, Tulisa, Sharon, Louis

Or

Robbie, Tulisa, Sharon, Louis

With a new host, who actually wants to be there and not on the US version...

Could see this happening
  • Peter_JaraiPeter_Jarai Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Mel B, Louis, Simon (if XF USA flops), Nicole

it my be louis wlash ,mick hucknal, Simon,Roy Wood,pete waterman any other ideas retired musician wood be better then musician that are still working As this is full time Job been on the XFactor panel. i Ask Simon to pick retired Musicians.:)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole Scherzinger
    Mel B
    Michael Buble

I'm sick of four judges, go back to three so nobody can wimp out and go to deadlock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I think they should just get rid of the deadlock altogether because even if there is only 3 judges one of them can still choose for it to go to deadlock by not deciding to choose to go home especially if its two of their own acts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    Believe it or not he's actually a huge fan of the show and said he'd do it for £1m. He was asked by Simon to do last years but he turned it down.

i find this very hard to believe, given that he was offered the job before gary was and gary was given £1.5m last year (as well as all the audition dates being moved specially for him at the expense of dannii) and his pay was upped to >£2m for this year.

besides, i remember reading a few interviews with noel flat out saying he didn't want to do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thinking about this logically....simon's not going to be back because he's doing us x factor (and if you want to keep the good version of nicole, then best you keep those two on opposit sides of the world).
    gary's pretty much basically said he's leaving.
    tulisa could be very likely to get sacked.
    nicole has said she doesn't know if she would want to do another series, because she's stated it might be the best career move for her to leave on a high. but i would imagine flashing the dosh might persuade her.
    robbie's not likely to do it for personal reasons with gary, but also because he's previously said that he couldn't be arsed and wouldn't want to.
    noel gallagher has also refused previously.
    cheryl is suing.
    louis was actually captured and chained up in a sex dungeon by simon many years ago, but no one seems to have noticed his mechanical stand in built into the seat.

so....

i would say at the very least there'll be gary and tulisa replacements.
    gary = probably michael bublé or one of the westlife lads (kian egan(?) was on the show earlier as a stand in for olly, and i think he's a judge on a show in ireland). neither of them are great replacements imo though - especially not the westlife one. but they could be quite likely.

tulisa = just about anyone really. anyone could do a better job and be better received by the public so long as they have a bit more credentials to their merit. could mel b be tempted from austailia? she's got a good thing going over there, and would moving her over here affect nicole? on the current panel, nicole was allowed to shine in all her cookie glory. there was no overpowering presence who would scorn at and belittle her ala simon. the same could be applied to sharon, although she'd probably be more concerned with trying not to electricute/melt herself when handeling water near louis-bot.

ideally i would love for louis to be replaced by another industry exec. like the british L.A reid. or another songwriter, though he does work well with sharon.

nicole
    michael
    sharon(?)
    louis
    could be a possibility.
    (how would people react to there being only one brit on the panel, and she moved to america eons ago...?)
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 options which I think might work:

OPTION 1: The Nostalgia Choice
    In this option, we go back to the shows roots, keeping the best asset from last series.

Simon Cowell: Obviously, Simon would bring the show back up to standard again and could possibly convince ITV to renew for another 3 years. Yes, he has the US show but he might consider returning if it would save the UK show. Mentoring the Girls.

Sharon Osbourne: I felt like something was missing in Series 5-7 when Louis and Sharon weren't sharing the end of the panel. It came back a little with Tulisa but I don't think the chemistry was spot on. Sharon brings a whole new side to any show that she's on and would surely keep ITV on their toes with controversy control. Mentoring the Boys.

Louis Walsh: If it were the last series, surely Louis would stay. He has nothing better to do with his time. Mentoring the Over 28s.

Nicole Scherzinger: After last series, I'm almost positive we will be seeing the return of Nicole Shirt-Swinger. Kept her category full for 8 weeks, and placed 1st and 2nd. Nicole's mental side with clash with Sharon's of course, but it might be entertaining to watch. Mentoring the Groups.

OPTION 2: The Serious Choice
    This choice would see the show take a more serious approach to finding talent. The show would undergo a HUGE overhaul in format to make it seem extremely fresh, along with three band new judges.

Gary Barlow: It may not seem clear after last series, but Gary would head this elite new panel and continue to use his musical knowledge for creating new careers. Mentoring the Groups.

Ed Sheeran: Joining the fresh panel, Ed would form strong connections with his contestants and certainly make his category understand what music is for them. His songwriting skills could come into play here too, allowing for more original tracks during the competition. Mentoring the Boys.

Emeli Sande: Arguably the voice of 2012, Emeli is everywhere at the moment and doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon. She seems perfect for a show where she can help spot the next big star in the UK and worldwide. Mentoring the Girls.

Adele: If she's happy then she isn't going to be giving us any new material for now, so stick her on The X Factor. Adele is possibly the UK's greatest ever female vocal export and could definitely produce a great star. Mentoring the Over 28s.

Thoughts on this panel?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    ideal judge George Mihael. Worst judge Pete Waterman,never ever has anyone gave us so much garbage.eg. Sonia
  • showbizpalshowbizpal Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Peter Kay - to replace Louis for entertainment value. I also think that comedy aside, he knows a good vocal performance. He doesn't need to have a category.

Rod Stewart - American Idol had Steven Tyler! An old hand with serious music knowledge and experience.

Cathy Dennis - Songwriter of many current hits and can sing and perform herself.

NO to Tulisa, Kylie, Buble, Cheryl or Sharon. All old news or dull.

Maybe keep Gary or Nicole but need two NEW interesting and experienced panelists, regardless. The chemistry won't need manufacturing with real talent and character.

Back to basics with auditions and broaden the music. The kids can take it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Personally I'd love to see the following panel:

Gary Barlow - I love him, but he should only be on the show if A) he wants to be there and B) the show decides to be serious.
    Nicole Scherzinger - even though I don't personally like her, I can see the benefits her personality brings to the show and blows Tulisa clean away with her talent. She can happily stay
    Tom Fletcher (replace Louis) - young lad but over 10 years experience, singer songwriter and has written some of the best tunes in pop. Also has a sense of humour that doesn't revolve around being Irish.
    Demi Levato (replace Tulisa) - young, sweet and a good sense of humour. Can also see from the American X Factor that she's got a sensible judge/mentor cap on too

Sadly, it'll probably be Simon / Dannii / Tulisa / Louis. If they do this, then they're clearly wanting to scrap the show.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Nicole Scherzinger
    Proved herself a total revelation on the British version. She wasn't the simpering Jesus-freak that got it all so very wrong on X Factor USA last year- she was sparky, intelligent and instantly quotable.

Will Young to replace Gary
    What better way to promote auditioning than having a shining example of TV talent show success on the panel. Will was a great mentor when he guested in 2008 (bringing in each of the finalists a CD of the artist he thought they should emulate), and with a successful career on the stage too, he could give his acts some great performance tips.

Mel B to replace Tulisa
    The show has to have a Bitchy judge (something Gary tried, and failed, to become), and I think Mel B would be great in this role. Even though her career is very Oz-focused right now, I'm sure a big check courtesy of ITV could tempt her. We need someone who will get a buzz in the media agin.

Chris Moyles to replace Louis
    Talking of media buzz... Fresh from hosting Britain's most successful radio show for over a decade, Moyles has openly campaigned for a judging slot on the show, saying he wants to bring "brutal honesty" to the judging panel. Could the saviour of Radio 1 become the saviour of X Factor? Controversially, I think he could- he's taken part in the show himself, is now a musical theatre actor and has the instant news-hook needed to get the media talking.

In other news...

I'd also change how the mentoring system works. Stop it being divided by gender, instead make it more age related.

Therefore, I would have-

14-19 mentored by Nicole Scherzinger
    20-29 mentored by Will Young
    30+ mentored by Chris Moyles
    Groups & Duos mentored by Mel B
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would having both Danni and Kylie provide some good entertainment, I wonder?

We need rid of Louis, most certainly. Not sure who I'd replace him with but they'd need to be an old timer who is famous for singing.

And I think I might be cheeky and try to get Simon Fuller to replace Gary.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel Gallagher
    Mel B
    Lily Allen
    Simon Amstell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I don't hate Tulisa, but she's not suited to the show. She spent too much of this series looking like a stroppy teenager and too much of her "critique" of acts consisted of petulant barbs rather than positive, constructive criticism.

On the whole, I think the show needs older judges who have much more experience behind them. I think part of Tulisa's problem is that she hasn't yet done enoiugh to earn her the gravitas needed to make her worth listening to.

Gary should stay IF the show decides to return to being a true vocal talent contest. If its going to continue to prioritise novelty acts and manufactured controversy, then he needs to go because he's looked very uncomfortable this year.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Mel B, Louis, Simon (if XF USA flops), Nicole

It's attracting 8 million on average and it's the highest rated program on FOX at the moment so I don't think XF US is going anywhere. Also they've already said that XF US is being renewed for a 3rd Season with the audition locations even being shown on the live shows, so that's Simon out. Mel B is doing the Australian version so she won't be coming here, so is Dannii.

Louis is a definite return IF SIMON CAN'T MAKE IT BACK. This is because Louis is apparently Simon's eyes and ears...no wonder he's survived for so long. So that's Louis in.

Simon is also apparently pulling out all stops to secure Nicole with a huge pay rise (still won't be as big as Britney's). So that's Nicole in.

Cheryl will never return, she's made it clear I think.

Nicole, Louis are definites for next series though I would like NO MORE LOUIS (I know this will NEVER happen tho).

Now Gary is a likely to LEAVE, which leaves us with either 1) Michael Bubble, 2) Ronan Keating (unlikely as he does something at the same time), 3) Robbie Williams (unlikely as he's going on tour and he'll be really busy, and he's also said that he just can't be bothered).

And Tulisa is DEFINITELY leaving because of her performance this series (shame because she was wonderful last series). She'll be most likely replaced with 1) Rita (can't stand here please no), 2) Geri (maybe with Gary gone, but I don't know, she's really annoying to be honest), 3) Sharon returning (I think she will to be honest, as she REALLY wants to come back), 4) Burke/Leona would be great but I highly doubt this considering Alex has left Syco, Leona is also focusing on her next album, 5) Kelly (I want her back).

Objectively I see this:
    Michael Buble, Nicole, Louis, Rita Ora

Personally I would LOVE this:
    Robbie Wills, Nicole, Kelly/Mel B, Sharon

Please Simon let Louis leave, he's just not worth it. And I really dislike Rita, I hope she's nowhere near the judging table again.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary Barlow, Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger, Robbie Williams.

Gary still keeps it professional
    Sharon adds some spark
    Nicole adds the fun
    Robbie adds more fun and maybe some spark with Gary

Sharon will probably start a war with Gary and/or Nicole and side with Robbie.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scherzy_x wrote: »
    I think they should just get rid of the deadlock altogether because even if there is only 3 judges one of them can still choose for it to go to deadlock by not deciding to choose to go home especially if its two of their own acts.

If they got rid of deadlock and there is 4 judges, what would they do if it's 2-2 after voting?

Plus if there were only 3 judges, what would they do if one judge refuses to vote and it's 1-1 after the other two judges have voted?