It's been confirmed that Carol is leaving:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/449321/EXCLUSIVE-Carol-jacks-it-in

No great surprise!

Comments

• Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    :(

I will really miss Carol. Lindsey Coulson is one of the best actresses so I'm really gutted she's leaving.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Terrible terrible news, Carol is a great character and Lindsey is a terrific actress
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,313
    Forum Member
    Thats a shame but I feel it was inevitable.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lindsey is a better asset than Carol. I utterly, utterly loathe Carol. Terminally miserable.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Lindsey is a better asset than Carol. I utterly, utterly loathe Carol. Terminally miserable.

This J-B x1000
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    At least the door is being left open I suppose!
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad, but pretty much inevitable :( Lindsey Coulson is a terrific actress. She appeared in quite a bit after her first EE stint, hope we see more of her in 2016!

Guess Carol and Buster won't be happening. I really wanted her to share some scenes with Kathy as they were around in the early 90s together. With Liam going too, I assume the sl will be both of them moving to Milton Keynes to live with Bianca. Or she might reconcile with David off screen.

I wonder if Lee moves into Pat's old house now. Carol and Liam are going, so it frees up room for two more. Sonia, Tina, Rebecca and Whitney are there.

Glad Lindsey did have a stint in this decade at least.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    This J-B x1000

She's got Buster and Billy queuing up to rattle her, David and Masood not so long ago, a lovely thieving part-time lesbian daughter, Bianca settled down with Bald Alfie, Robbie thankfully half way round the world, a great job working for Walford's answer to Richard Branson, and she can't even force her miserable scowl into so much as a half smirk. Detest her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wonder who will take over her job in the cafe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sad, but pretty much inevitable :( Lindsey Coulson is a terrific actress. She appeared in quite a bit after her first EE stint, hope we see more of her in 2016!

Guess Carol and Buster won't be happening. I really wanted her to share some scenes with Kathy as they were around in the early 90s together. With Liam going too, I assume the sl will be both of them moving to Milton Keynes to live with Bianca.

I wonder if Lee moves into Pat's old house now. Carol and Liam are going, so it frees up room for two more. Sonia, Tina, Rebecca and Whitney are there.

Glad Lindsey did have a stint in this decade at least.

Yeah I was hoping for some Carol/Kathy scenes too. Now Kathy will inevitably befriebd Pam or Carmel.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Shame as Lindsay is great but have been expecting this announcement. Had a feeling this is why Liam was going.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooo. :(

It would be nice if David returned for Carol's exit but I won't be holding my breath.
  • Options
    imawotsitimawotsit Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Wonder who will take over her job in the cafe?

Kathy?
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No this is terrible will miss Carol. Lindsey Is amazing. Such a shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    imawotsit wrote: »
    Kathy?

As long as they put someone other than Tina in there too.

I hope Carol gets a better storyline than being shipped off to Milton Keynes. All she has done is pickk up after her family. Would be nice if she ended up somewhere exotic, perhaps Robbie could get her a job on India.
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible news.

Lindsay is one of, if not the best actress on the show. A huge loss.:(

I wish her well for the future.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    What a shame. No shock though, clearly didn't have any plans for her beyond the cancer plot. Utterly wasted actress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically the Branning era is Definitely coming to an end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically the Branning era is Definitely coming to an end.

Yup - Albert Square is not big enough for the Brannings and the Carters
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Yup - Albert Square is not big enough for the Brannings and the Carters

Seems that Way, although Max will.be back.
  • Options
    SandsssSandsss Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted we're losing Lindsey but I hope she does well and we see her in other projects.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Gutted we're losing Lindsey but I hope she does well and we see her in other projects.

Would love to see her tackle Strictly...
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A real shame but like Lola this isn't surprising to hear at all especially after the recent confirmation of Liam's upcoming departure. They're pretty much been in the background for a long while, ever since Bianca and co left. I assume she and Liam will depart together and move to Milton Keynes with Bianca. Sad news because Lindsey is a great actress. I will miss Carol.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is such a shame.

It kind of sounds as though she could have left earlier if it wasn't for the cancer storyline.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    No great surprise as she was due to leave with David Wicks before they convinced her to stay for the cancer story