What 50th anniversary memorabilia have you bought/do you plan on buying?

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Far ive got The 50th Anniversary stamp set and 4 of the 50th Anniversary Paperbacks(Last of the Gaderene,Remembrance of the Daleks,Earthworld and The Silent Stars go By)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Here's something to help empty your wallet.

SOLID GOLD DR WHO COIN MATERIALISES WITH 250 LIVES http://agaunews.com/new-release-gold-doctor-who-coin-materialises-with-250-lives/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The coin is up for sale at a couple of UK sites now.

The Westminster Collection have it for £145 although they let you pay in installments I think, and Minted-UK have it for £98, both plus postage.
    Got mine from the latter. Certificate 6969, my favourite number. Twice.

145 for a coin?

I could buy stacks of merch for that price.
    Forum Member
    The vast bulk of which will be worthless rubbish in no time. Numismatics is a long term thing, hence the reason a guy bought one of these with cert 0001 for over $2,000. Actually, the same guy also bought coins with certs 2, 3 & 4.
    They're solid 99.99% silver and will always have an intrinsic value. I've seen coins change hands for £40,000 and I myself have some that have gone from £70 to £350 in value in the last couple of years, even though they contain only fifteen quids worth of silver.
    The coin at Minted is now up to £106 and on Ebay they're hitting £120 from mid £80's a couple of months ago. I've been told it will be selling close to £125 at the Anniversary show.

Don't confuse something like this with much of what is produced. These will be sought after and traded for decades to come.

There's a limited coupon running around, dffwho10, that gives £10 off at this coin at minted-uk for a week. Brings the coin including shipping down to £104. Cheapest I've seen anywhere recently.

If you think that's expensive, the gold one is well over £1,500 and is almost sold out in 24 hours.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have brought none and don't plan on to.
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    I have brought none and don't plan on to.

That is my plan with the exception of the episode itself on iTunes.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Already got the stamps, The Silent Stars Go By and The Dalek Magazine.

Plan on getting a classic Sonic, Spearhead in BluRay, Series 7, The Day Of The Doctor and The Christmas Special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    The vast bulk of which will be worthless rubbish in no time. Numismatics is a long term thing, hence the reason a guy bought one of these with cert 0001 for over $2,000. Actually, the same guy also bought coins with certs 2, 3 & 4.
    They're solid 99.99% silver and will always have an intrinsic value. I've seen coins change hands for £40,000 and I myself have some that have gone from £70 to £350 in value in the last couple of years, even though they contain only fifteen quids worth of silver.
    The coin at Minted is now up to £106 and on Ebay they're hitting £120 from mid £80's a couple of months ago. I've been told it will be selling close to £125 at the Anniversary show.

Don't confuse something like this with much of what is produced. These will be sought after and traded for decades to come.

There's a limited coupon running around, dffwho10, that gives £10 off at this coin at minted-uk for a week. Brings the coin including shipping down to £104. Cheapest I've seen anywhere recently.

If you think that's expensive, the gold one is well over £1,500 and is almost sold out in 24 hours.
    You certainly know how to sell it. I'm very interested now. I can get it for £94.49 from the BBC Shop. I fear that the Royal Mint will release one, though, and I'd much prefer that.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Shroud Of Sorrow book, it's loaded with references left, right and centre.

Aside from that, I need to get the last few soundtracks, Series 7 on DVD and probably The Light At The End.
    Forum Member
    You certainly know how to sell it. I'm very interested now. I can get it for £94.49 from the BBC Shop. I fear that the Royal Mint will release one, though, and I'd much prefer that.

I actually run a modern coins news site at http://agaunews.com

Some of the latest stuff is really amazing.
    Forum Member
    Also forgot to mention that the New Zealand Mint have exclusive rights from the BBC to produce a coin. There will NOT be a Royal Mint coin.

There is an 11-coin silver set coming out in late October that can be bought individually with a 12th coin to follow. No images on that for 3-4 weeks, or a price.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Shroud Of Sorrow book, it's loaded with references left, right and centre.
    That aspect of it actually annoyed me somewhat. It was very evident that the author tried to squeeze in as many references as possible. Some of them were touching, I'll admit.
    Also forgot to mention that the New Zealand Mint have exclusive rights from the BBC to produce a coin. There will NOT be a Royal Mint coin.

There is an 11-coin silver set coming out in late October that can be bought individually with a 12th coin to follow. No images on that for 3-4 weeks, or a price.
    Thanks very much for the information.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Union Jack fez?
    Forum Member
    Actually, Tommy Cooper would've made a brilliant Doctor Who....
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I have bought the DVD Game, The Risk Game, The Big Finish 50th CDs. have also completed my Teddy Bear Collection and now have all 11 doctors in bear form (made by a friend of mine)
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I went a bit mad and ordered a teddy bear for £249!

It's just that it looks so much like my old Teddy which I still have from when I was born (without the outfit, of course). My old Teddy is 50 years old so it just seemed like Kharma when I saw this one :D

https://www.danburymint.co.uk/steiff/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-bear-by-steiff-DW50B-C149-P5038
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,476
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I went a bit mad and ordered a teddy bear for £249!

It's just that it looks so much like my old Teddy which I still have from when I was born (without the outfit, of course). My old Teddy is 50 years old so it just seemed like Kharma when I saw this one :D

https://www.danburymint.co.uk/steiff/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-bear-by-steiff-DW50B-C149-P5038

I've just ordered one as well! :eek:

:o It's not for me, you understand. It's for my wife! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I have the stamps and I have pre-ordered the 50th Anniversary special on Blu-Ray 3D and the Big Finish audio The Light at the End.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    I was thinking of a Blu-Ray or DVD of An Adventure in Space and Time if there was one, as they are dramatising the Westminster Bridge filming of the Daleks which involved Dad - as he was the designer on that Doctor Who.

That said IMDB only has a young designer in the cast - so not sure if he makes an appearance or they are using the old trick of composite parts (Dad was Ray Cusick's assistant in 63 and promoted to Designer the next year for DIoE).

Still see what it is like and then make a decision - not often things my family have done have been dramatised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)I know is there a dr who toilet seat , after i have TIme to sit and ponder llife and the universe
    axi am being funny but my toilet seat keeps getting lose
    Forum Member
    Who the hell wants a Doctor Who bog seat?

They should call it the Turdis
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the hell wants a Doctor Who bog seat?

They should call it the Turdis
    The turds will be bigger on the inside then the outside.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I probably wont be buying anything apart from the DVD of it when it comes out. I still need to buy Series 7. But it's still on my Sky Planner (yes even the episodes aired over a year ago!) so there's no point just yet. I will eventually get it.
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    The turds will be bigger on the inside then the outside.

That'll be the vindaloo...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That'll be the vindaloo...

ah, the burning rings of akhaten.