Chelsea Handler on Angelina Jolie ....

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    What I find strange though, is that people who actually KNOW Aniston have been and continue to be so vicious towards Angelina - it makes me wonder why. Most people would have let it drop after all this time and also most people would accept that Brad was the only person who split up his marriage. It makes me wonder if there's something about what happened surrounding the split that we don't know about which makes people feel so vicious towards Angelina

It can't help the fact that she has done this before. Laura Dern had said that she went to film a movie and had a fiance and came back and her fiance was married to somebody else. Stunning woman but I do find it strange that in such a small industry as is the film industry she has chosen to get together with so many men who had been commited. she has been together with Brad Pitt for ages though so maybe they are just more suited.

Chelsea Chandler is a bit hit and miss but I find her hillarious
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I find strange though, is that people who actually KNOW Aniston have been and continue to be so vicious towards Angelina - it makes me wonder why. Most people would have let it drop after all this time and also most people would accept that Brad was the only person who split up his marriage. It makes me wonder if there's something about what happened surrounding the split that we don't know about which makes people feel so vicious towards Angelina.

You don't think it's just the media persisting with the pining bullshit in order to flog their rags? Elements of the US tabloid media in particular know it pays to keep the triangle going and Aniston being constantly presented as some poor aging childless pining-for-her-ex no-hoper while Jolie for the most part gets the 'mother earth' treatment, just feeds the anger of those who sided with JA in the big husband-stealing :rolleyes: break-up. Childish, ridiculous, pathetic, all those things, but then, you only have to read a Jolie/Aniston board (eg. imdb) to see the utter lunacy that exists on both sides. It suits the media to present JA as a sad sap and Jolie as an evil witch. I'm sure both have moved well past this, it's just their fans that can't. That said, fan of neither, but I do think Aniston is her own worst enemy by hanging around with people who fuel the bitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arizona d wrote: »
    It can't help the fact that she has done this before. Laura Dern had said that she went to film a movie and had a fiance and came back and her fiance was married to somebody else. Stunning woman but I do find it strange that in such a small industry as is the film industry she has chosen to get together with so many men who had been commited. she has been together with Brad Pitt for ages though so maybe they are just more suited.

Chelsea Chandler is a bit hit and miss but I find her hillarious

Ha! Laura Dern!?! I suggest you have a look at her dating history!
  • purplelinuspurplelinus Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as she called Ange a **** I totally despised her! I'm an Ange fan....it takes two to 'tango' but can understand why Ange gets most of the crap (sisterhood and all that)....but I find that word totally disgusting when a Man uses it, let alone when a Woman calls another Woman that word!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Ha! Laura Dern!?! I suggest you have a look at her dating history!

Laura Dern was engaged to Billy Bob Thornton when Angelina Jolie married him. It doesn't exactly make Thornton look great.
    Obviously things are not always black and white and people can get together when one or both are married or engaged, but twice in a row doesn't make her look very endearing to women,

I still think people should move on from the whole triangle thing
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the reason alot of women don't like Angelina is not to do with her beauty but more to do with the fact that she comes across as rather cold with a calculated veneer of PC worthiness. Everything she says and does seems to be carefully controlled and planned. She rarely has a real smile on her face despite her outwardly perfect life. When she grasps on to Brad on the red carpet it looks fake and manufactured. There appears to be no warmth or spontenaity in her.

As to what she's like in private, who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arizona d wrote: »
    Laura Dern was engaged to Billy Bob Thornton when Angelina Jolie married him. It doesn't exactly make Thornton look great.
    Obviously things are not always black and white and people can get together when one or both are married or engaged, but twice in a row doesn't make her look very endearing to women,

I still think people should move on from the whole triangle thing

I don't think Dern was ever actually engaged to BBT. And if you're going down the man-stealing route, Laura Dern is alleged to have broken up BBT's 1st marriage, and later, Ben Harper's, gatting pregannt while his wife was also pregnant. So for her to be feigning outrage at Jolie is doubly ridiculous. Like you say, not everything is black and white.

People should move on but as long as charges of man-stealing continue to be made, they never will. Honestly, all this fuss over Brad Pitt!