Options

The One Direction Appreciation Thread (7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Today I saw a drawing of Harry and Zayn at the ladies room doors in this one club. It wouldn't be funny if the club wasn't hardcore rock/alternative type of place :D Sorry for posting nonsense, it was just funny :D
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Well, it seems part of the news was actually true after all:
    Harry's mom confirmed the news while at the same time also denying that the other boys will be there.
    https://twitter.com/AnneFoxyCoxy/status/340487680800477185

I so hope they are not invaded with fans and the wedding goes off without incident. Still I suppose Niall managed at his brother's ok so fingers crossed for Anne and Robin
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I so hope they are not invaded with fans and the wedding goes off without incident. Still I suppose Niall managed at his brother's ok so fingers crossed for Anne and Robin

I can't believe that fans went to Niall's brothers wedding venue though. They really should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I can't believe that fans went to Niall's brothers wedding venue though. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree with you...

If it happens in the village, it won't be that hard to find the place (I had understood that Homes Chappel/Chaptel? was a small place, like a village, was I wrong?).
    At least we heard of it last minute, so too late for many fans to find a way to crash the wedding...

But let's hope Anne's tweet was clear enough (she mentioned an intimate familly only sort of ceremony, so I think the signal she was sending was loud & clear).
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you...

If it happens in the village, it won't be that hard to find the place (I had understood that Homes Chappel/Chaptel? was a small place, like a village, was I wrong?).
    At least we heard of it last minute, so too late for many fans to find a way to crash the wedding...

But let's hope Anne's tweet was clear enough (she mentioned an intimate familly only sort of ceremony, so I think the signal she was sending was loud & clear).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmes_Chapel

Just found this ok Wikipedia. You're right. It is small, the population is under 6000. Wouldn't it be funny if lots of fans try and go there, and Anne has the wedding somewhere else for privacy. Although she shouldn't have to.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see worldwide sales still going well. ;)
    Week 28 - Take Me Home - 41,000 copies (4,460,000)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »

Up all night had sold sensibly the same amount I believe... if it did, they are at about 9 million albums sold... It's nothing to sneer at nowadays!

Is there somewhere a tally of the worldwide single sales as well?
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »

Jumped from #31 to #22 with the largest sales increase of all albums worldwide... For some reason they shot back to #4 (from #32) in Japan last week. I think this rise in sales attributed greatly to that total increase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Jumped from #31 to #22 with the largest sales increase of all albums worldwide... For some reason they shot back to #4 (from #32) in Japan last week. I think this rise in sales attributed greatly to that total increase.

I have seen pictures from a photoshoot from a japanese magazine called Anan in my twitter feed this week (I think, well recently for sure). We had already seen a couple of them before just after they went there, but I suppose that the magazine with the article & pics might have come out... But it's a speculation!
    Besides, how could a magazine have this sort of effect on an album that's been out for a good while? At least that would not happen here IMO...
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up all night had sold sensibly the same amount I believe... if it did, they are at about 9 million albums sold... It's nothing to sneer at nowadays!

Is there somewhere a tally of the worldwide single sales as well?

Don't have a source for their worldwide sales. But here's what I've found in another forum:

Up All Night
    UK: One Direction - Up All Night - 921,900
    Canada: One Direction - Up All Night 250,706
    Japan: One Direction - Up All Night 185,356
    WW: One Direction - Up All Night 4.600.000+

Take Me Home
    UK: ONE DIRECTION - TAKE ME HOME 767,200
    Canada: ONE DIRECTION - TAKE ME HOME 225,325
    Japan: ONE DIRECTION - TAKE ME HOME 256,241
    WW: ONE DIRECTION - TAKE ME HOME 4.500.000+

US Sales:

Up All Night Tour DVD: certified 5x platinum yesterday (250'000 sales)
    Up All Night: 1,773,608
    Take Me Home: 1,669,532
    One Way or Another: 410.000
    Kiss You: 610.286
    What Makes You Beautiful: 4,200,000
    Little Things: 800,800
    Live While We're Young: 1,400,000

Comparing the US and wordwide album sales, they sold about one third of the total number in the US alone. So I think you could about triple the US numbers for the singles as well, with two exceptions in my opinion:
    WMYB: As it was such a big hit in the US, I'd only double the 4.2 million for the worldwide sales (if even...)
    OWOA: Considering this being a charity single in the UK, it's sold as much in the UK (420.000) as in the US (see above). So I think the worldwide number is more like 1.5
    million+.

Don't know any of these numbers for sure though. Just guessing and calculating :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saw this picture on Twitter today and laughed so hard :D

https://twitter.com/1DAlert/status/340660190850457600/photo/1

We can't really blame her, can we? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Am I wrong in thinking that they are not famous, just older fans?

I think it's awsome! :D
    Just like when I see guys taking pics with the boys, I just love it! I'm always glad to see people do whatever makes them happy.

Of course it sort of is a reminder of Harry's supposed preferences for... mature women! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I wrong in thinking that they are not famous, just older fans?

I think it's awsome! :D
    Just like when I see guys taking pics with the boys, I just love it! I'm always glad to see people do whatever makes them happy.

Of course it sort of is a reminder of Harry's supposed preferences for... mature women! ;)

Yeah, I like it too. Teenage girls are majority but it's nice to know they have a wider fanbase. That's why I was excited to see a drawing of boys in that rock club. Good looks are a plus, but music is still why I like them so much.

Hahaha, it sucks being 26 and knowing I'm too young for him lol :D
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And this is why I would never try to meet the boys or have a picture taken! You young whippersnappers would laugh :D:D:D

ETA the unwanted comments have reached the music forum and lucky even non 1D fans see it as scandolous ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    And this is why I would never try to meet the boys or have a picture taken! You young whippersnappers would laugh :D:D:D

ETA the unwanted comments have reached the music forum and lucky even non 1D fans see it as scandolous ;)

Awww, it's not like that, I was laughing at what Niall's aunt said about Harry's bum. :) I actually like to see and talk to older fans. Younger fans can be a little overwhelming to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww, it's not like that, I was laughing at what Niall's aunt said about Harry's bum. :) I actually like to see and talk to older fans. Younger fans can be a little overwhelming to me.

What did Niall's aunt say? I have missed it...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What did Niall's aunt say? I have missed it...

It's written underneath the picture, that was the whole reason I posted it here :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's written underneath the picture, that was the whole reason I posted it here :D

I just read the "I'm laughing comment", & didn't scroll down enough to read that part, thank you.
    This woman is quite something!

(lesson of the day: always try to scroll down!)
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2334295/One-Direction-refused-entry-members-club-dressed-casually.html

According to Daily Mail, the boys were turned away from a private members only club. Just wondering when exactly this happened if they've been busy on tour.

A bit of a negative tone from this writer, probably not happy she hasn't had many stories to tell us about what Harry has been up to lately.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2334295/One-Direction-refused-entry-members-club-dressed-casually.html

According to Daily Mail, the boys were turned away from a private members only club. Just wondering when exactly this happened if they've been busy on tour.

A bit of a negative tone from this writer, probably not happy she hasn't had many stories to tell us about what Harry has been up to lately.:D

It's a little strange considering they rarely go out all together too, one would think they would have been even more noticable.
    It's not completely impossible but sounds a bit strange, they don't seem the exclusive club type either...

I agree that the writer is putting a very negative slant on a story that basically says that a bunch of 20 years old were not wearing suits & ties to go out and were turned away because of that :D

And you are right, the boys haven't been seen going out during this "break", so they are desperate for this type of news...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a little strange considering they rarely go out all together too, one would think they would have been even more noticable.
    It's not completely impossible but sounds a bit strange, they don't seem the exclusive club type either...

I agree that the writer is putting a very negative slant on a story that basically says that a bunch of 20 years old were not wearing suits & ties to go out and were turned away because of that :D

And you are right, the boys haven't been seen going out during this "break", so they are desperate for this type of news...

Probably made up. As you said, they don't usually all go on outings together, and the doorman said that, word for word, hmm!
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the unwanted keep up their promo by now suggesting a boxing match with 1D.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a486392/the-wanted-we-challenge-one-direction-to-a-boxing-match.html

Sigh*

Surely their bitching about 1D wherever possible is becoming transparent.

I'd like to inform them that I am one of their 12 million followers and I am not 14. Then I would ask them if they have such a problem with having 14 year olds as a core part of a a base, then why did they do their latest track for 12 year olds.
  • Options
    westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a486392/the-wanted-we-challenge-one-direction-to-a-boxing-match.html

Sigh*

I'd like to inform them that I am one of their 12 million followers and I am not 14. Then I would ask them if they have such a problem with having 14 year olds as a core part of a a base, then why did they do their latest track for 12 year olds.

It is becoming very samey and annoying and after what Max and Tom said about Louis, their comments are coming across, at least to me, as being incredibly offensive and at times homophobic - I think their record company should drop them right NOW - just my opinion though.

From Hayley
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluestone wrote: »

Sigh*

They are desperate for headlines and know that name dropping 1D (and talking about the feud) is the best way to get them... and they need headlines now because their show is premiering on Sunday (June 2) in the US.

I really hope that the people who dislike them will leave their TV set turned off (or watch something else) and not let themselves be lured by those despicable tactics. If people want to watch it because they need to witness their utter worthlessness: resort to unofficial streaming! But watching the thing in any official capacity is validating this sort of campaign (proving that attacking someone is an advertisement tool that works!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is becoming very samey and annoying and after what Max and Tom said about Louis, their comments are coming across, at least to me, as being incredibly offensive and at times homophobic - I think their record company should drop them right NOW - just my opinion though.

From Hayley

They're desperate Hayley, nothing more. If this show they are doing for E! Flops, they will be dropped, no doubt. They haven't done enough to warrant renewal of their contract.
This discussion has been closed.