X Factor 'Diva' pulls out of Brighton Gay Pride

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very early on when she won XF, she said she wanted to be a Gay Icon. She has failed miserably and this just confirms it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    it sounds more a case of the crowd wasn't big enough for her agent/record company. I doubt whether she had much of a say in the matter.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Oh dear....
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it would only be a matter of time before somebody posted this...

She pulled out because the sound system was not adequate. She is a professional and is not going to perform with sub-standard equipment. It's not her fault they didn't check that the equipment was OK with her first.

She has done this before at other events, it has nothing at all to do with 'the crowd' which doesn't even make sense, but everything to do with her giving the best performance she can, and she's not going to do that on rubbish hardware. And furthermore, this decision will not have been made solely by her...it's not as if she just walked off, she said herself that she and her team did not think the system was adequate, and ultimately if they decide it's not good enough, then it's out of her hands...

This 'she didn't like the crowd' nonsense was blatantly a planted quote to make her look bad after she quit. She has cancelled performances due to sub-standard equipment before and this is no different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again she is blameless thanks to her Appreciation followers. I mean, really? Aren't you exausted?

Other acts found the sound system to be fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Once again she is blameless thanks to her Appreciation followers. I mean, really? Aren't you exausted?

All the other acts were DJs who bring their own personal equipment along or Z-list singers nobody has ever heard of. Once again, she is painted to look the villain, just because she wants to give the best performance possible. Why should she compromise herself and potentially damage her vocals by performing with crappy equipment. She is a professional. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry that just sounds arrogant and weak. :) Sound systems at any Pride will never be on a super-professional scale. They may not be Festival standard. Half the time things are run on a voluntary scale and enthusism. Should everyone pull out because 'standards' aren't met?

Things break down and you laugh it off - get into the spirit of doing things off the hoof. You don't pull out and disappoint people just because things aren't to your 'professional standards'. People won't judge on that, but they will judge her on not turning up and getting stuck in.

Poor excuse. :)
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    As if Alex would pull out because of an audience size when she performs at tiny clubs which hold like 200 people.

Obviously someone has spat their dummy out because Alex didn't perform due to the SOUND SYSTEM being poor and lacking.

Alex had to stop throughout a performance at Brighton Pride in 2010 because of the sound system being awful. Alex has also tweeted saying it's BULLSH*T

Lmao.... it's pathetic tbf
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry that just sounds arrogant and weak. :) Sound systems at any Pride will never be on a super-professional scale. They may not be Festival standard. Half the time things are run on a voluntary scale and enthusism. Should everyone pull out because 'standards' aren't met?

Things break down and you laugh it off - get into the spirit of doing things off the hoof. You don't pull out and disappoint people just because things aren't to your 'professional standards'. People won't judge on that, but they will judge her on not turning up and getting stuck in.

Lol.............. when the only other person who performed at the event was fatboy slim who's basically classed as a dj, do you honestly think he needs a good sound system?

Alex makes a point of making requirements when she performs at a gig because she's a LIVE artist and always delivers. Even when she's ill as f*ck she will deliver a GOOD VOCAL PERFORMANCE. She never fails.

When she's performing at gay clubs which hold like 400 people, I doubt she'd really pull out when she travelled all the way to brighton lol People really like to portray Alex as this evil character/diva character when she's absolutely lovely.
    Forum Member
    Very early on when she won XF, she said she wanted to be a Gay Icon. She has failed miserably and this just confirms it.

erm... she's performed at around 5 pride events this year and also at like 7 different gay clubs throughout the summer.

Just because she dropped out of 1 EVENT... doesn't mean she's failed at all lol

Smh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If she can't hear herself on stage, and the audio/sound is not feeding to her properly, she can damage her vocals and then she'd have to cancel a lot more events.

It's hardly her fault their system is rubbish, she needs the right equipment, and there's no point in her risking her voice, and potentially having to cancel a lot more than just one event for the sake of 'doing things off the hoof'....

I don't think so.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoevers fault it is, it's pretty bad timing for Alex. What's happening with her management anyway? I thought she fired them after HOH bombed?
    Forum Member

Other acts AKA fatboy slim ... Yep LOADS. PMSL... dead@you

she performed at Cardiff Pride the same night so obviously it was something to do with BRIGHTON PRIDE.

When she's performed at chip shops and small clubs, I doubt the audience size really bothers her, like really...
    Forum Member
    Whoevers fault it is, it's pretty bad timing for Alex. What's happening with her management anyway? I thought she fired them after HOH bombed?

She isn't with Modest but she's still with RCA :)
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I thought she was busy trying to crack the States? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly....this is blatantly a planted quote to spite her, and unfortunately some people are gullible enough to believe it. She's cleared things up on Twitter, and she has done similar things before, so I think this is just another stupid 'story' about her tbh.

She has performed in tiny clubs and other places before, so why would she complain about the audience.
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    I thought she was busy trying to crack the States? :confused:

After her contracted gigs .... She can't just pull out of like 20 summer gigs she was contracted to.

She is contracted until Sep 20th (gigs which were booked before may) so we'll see what happens after that

Though I do find it abit weird how she dropped out of JLS's tour but maybe that was because she needed more time for meetings/preparation etc
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    After her contracted gigs .... She can't just pull out of like 20 summer gigs she was contracted to.

She is contracted until Sep 20th (gigs which were booked before may) so we'll see what happens after that

Though I do find it abit weird how she dropped out of JLS's tour but maybe that was because she needed more time for meetings/preparation etc

Wasn't she contracted for the JLS gigs then? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She pulled out...the contract would have been made under Modest which she has now left so presumably the contract was voided. We'll what happens with her and her plans in the future...the year is not over yet. :)
    Forum Member

Yep which was weird but meh, dno what happened there.... that was a stupid idea either way anyway lol

We'll soon find out I guess in upcoming weeks, she needs to talk abit more.

Does my head in when artists are quiet about plans
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She pulled out...the contract would have been made under Modest which she has now left so presumably the contract was voided. We'll what happens with her and her plans in the future...the year is not over yet. :)

So these new gigs were booked by her new management It's all very confusing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So these new gigs were booked by her new management then? It's all very confusing.

She has not announced her new management so I don't know about that. The only think she has announced is that she's still with RCA and has signed to RCA US. I guess more will be revealed in time, but she has standards and quality to uphold, so I'm not surprised she quit this performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She pulled out of gigs with JLS too? I bet it was something to do with the Sound-system again. Alex is a professional and she might damage her voice. Never mind, her AT will inform us. It's never that woman's fault. :)
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra fans to the rescue once again

Omg I like her I really do but in cases like this you just have to not be biased and say, okay she dissapointed a lot of people, it's okay for them to be angry. My nephew who lives in Huddersfield travelled all the way down there specifically to see her, your telling me he's not allowed to be pissed off? Regardless of weather it was her fault or not, inevitably people are guna be angry
  • djcampdjcamp Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I've never heard so much nonsense in my life. Some people need a reality check if they think this is due to "rubbish sound systems" and her risking damaging her voice. Modest may be crap, but this gil needs kicking into touch, and fast or she's going to end up stacking shelves in tesco.