Favourite Judge?

1234568»

Comments

• junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii you are really an amazing woman, I just think you and you sister are the best celebs ever, simply beautiful on the inside and out. You in my opinion are fair, tell them how it is and not cruelly done, but in a diplomatic way and constructive. You outshine all the other judges in my opinion and so glad you got on the show to give it some credible judging skills. Now you have Paije on board you have a great chance to win this years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Since Cheryl's stopped providing the typical viewers of x-factor with the positive crap they want to hear this week, I'm going to go against all my prior opinions regarding our nation's so-called sweetheart and say that she's now my favourite judge.

It's irritating how Simon's no longer giving me the opinion I agree with!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree.

Who's going to be better at helping a contestant blossom into a successful pop star?

Someone like Cheryl who's been immensely successful herself?

Or someone like Dannii who's been around much longer yet still hasn't managed that kind of success?

I don't think success is a pre requisite to being an effective judge.

If you think about this in, say, a sporting perspective. Some of the worlds most successful sporting coaches and managers themselves never achieved the level of success of those that they are coaching / mentoring. Alex Ferguson is a prime example. Not overly hot to trot as a player, but (and it galls me to say it - I hate Manchester United!!) probably one of the best managers in the world!!

Just because you are fabulous at a particular job and are lucky enough to achieve success etc doesn't mean you will make a good mentor / coach / manager.

...just for the record...Dannnniiiiiii is my fave judge. She is the only one that doesn't just wax lyrical about people and gives constructive criticism. She doesn't go all out to be mean like Simon does, she gives acts something to take away and work on.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One vote in it folks :eek: :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danni all the way! Would love to see a Simon, Louis, Danni, Nicole S lineup
  • yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danni's really cool :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii, then Simon, then Louis, then Cheryl. Mimics what everyone else thinks :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii Minogue. :)
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Danni, but would have though Cheryl would have got more votes.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Dannii for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Dannii as well:)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha- Louis finally overtakes Biffa :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Dannii.
    The dresses, the hair, the way she is with her acts and the support she gives them, her Twittering during the show, her fair criticism and consistent comments, not swaying with the public/press.

Surprised that Cheryl is last at the moment.
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    I don't think success is a pre requisite to being an effective judge.

If you think about this in, say, a sporting perspective. Some of the worlds most successful sporting coaches and managers themselves never achieved the level of success of those that they are coaching / mentoring.
    That’s an excellent point, and I agree.

Simon is a good illustation of this: he knows more about the industry than either of the girls, yet he’s hardly been a successful pop star himself.

Still, I do think first-hand experience counts a lot. To use your sporting analogy, many of the professional sports commentators are themselves ex-professionals.

So, while I don't think either of the girls is as much of an expert as Simon and Louis, I think Cheryl's first-hand experience of being in a phenomenally successful talent show girl group will (very roughly) give her equal expertise to the sister of the Princess Of Pop.

Cheryl's the one who's been surrounded by industry experts (such as some of the world's top video directors, choreographers and stylists) telling her personally what to do and teaching her the trade. Dannii hasn't had as much of this first-hand.

Also, most of Dannii's career has been a good few years ago and in the 90s; while Cheryl's had a lot of experience in recent years and is currently herself on the leading edge of current pop. This gives her a lot more of a contemporary outlook. She not only has her finger on the pulse: she is the pulse (or a part of it, at least).

Again, I'm not dissing Dannii. I just think Cheryl is equally worthy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Dannii was always my fave judge but feel really let down by her tonight in terms of Nicolo, feel the song played up to the image the press and show had given him and did him no favours, know there waas other reasons of course, you either got his sense of humour or you didn@t but the song choice didn't help matters on the night in terms of votes. I'm just hoping that she does well by the rest of boys for the time that's left or will just not have a fave judge at all in future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of the above.

They're all frauds.