Your alternative single release strategies.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
Forum Member
Have you ever been frustrated at the order in which the singles were released off an album. I'd say a classic recent example of this would be Lady Gaga's Born This Way. I believe the album could have had much higher sales if the single releases weren't so messed up. If I were in charge I would have released the singles in this order;

1. Born This Way
2. Scheiße
3. Hair
4. Americano
5. Mary The Night
6. Edge of Glory

I do believe the album was capable of 6 top 10 singles if they were released in this order with videos that relate to each other.

Another recent album where I'd change the single release strategy would be Rihanna's Talk That Talk;

1. We Found Love
2. Where Have You Been
3. Watch And Learn
4. You Da One
5. Drunk on Love

Are there any albums where you'd like to change theorder of the singles release?

Comments

• FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Alexandra Burke's Overcome

1. Good Night Good Morning ft. Ne-Yo
    2. Bad Boys (Solo)
    (Album Launch)
    3. The Silence
    4. All Night Long (solo)
    5. Start Without You
    6. Before It Explodes ft. Bruno Mars
    (Deluxe Edition release)
    Good Night Good Morning is imo the ideal debut single + it featurews Ne-Yo
    The Solo version of Bad Boys is imo one of the best songs, sadly it;s not on the album but still!

People have been for Alexandra to release a Balad and The Silence is an amazing ballad, it was planned as the 3rd single but got scrapped and replaced by All Night Long ft. Pitbull. Later on The Silence was released as the 6th and final single, which IMO was a huge mistake. The song was 1.5 years old already and nothing new was added. The Silence would'vbe gotten Overcome back to the higher regions of the album chart and would've been a smash in Europe

After that All Night Long should be released as it's an amazing pop song but the feature with PItbull ruined it for me.

Start Without You as the launch of the Deluxe Era, just because it's a cheesy song and drew alot of attention towards Alex.

And last but definately not least Before It Explodes. IMO the best of all her leaks and it should've made the album in the first place. When it didn't it should've made the Deluxe edition instead of Perfect or What Happens On The Dancefloor. But yet again, it didn't.... Bruno Mars was hot property in December 2010. It would've gone at least top 5 (#1 with the right Promo) and be the perfect song to introduce the Overcome Deluxe the week after. Alex's and Bruno's vocals blend so well together.. i'm still ahting SyCo for this, i'm just praying he features on her 2nd album
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Britney's Femme Fatale:

1. Till The World Ends
    2. How I Roll
    3. I Wanna Go
    4. Up n' Down
    5. Criminal

The Saturdays' On Your Radar:
    1. All Fired Up
    2. Faster
    3. My Heart Takes Over (as a winter single)
    4. I Say Ok
    5. Notorious
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney's Femme Fatale:

1. Till the world ends
    2. Big fat bass
    3. Up n down
    4. I wanna go
    5. Drop dead beautiful

The Saturdays On Your Radar:

1. All fired up
    2. Faster
    3. Do what you want with me
    4. Get ready get set
    5. White lies
  • RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impossible Princess

Limbo
    Some Kind of Bliss
    Breathe
    Did It Again

or

Limbo
    Too Far
    Breathe
    Did It Again

Light Years

Spinning Around
    On a Night Like This
    Butterfly
    Light Years

I personally would have left "Kids" off the album and made it avalible on Robbie's only. I've always felt that it doesn't fit with the style of the album and ruins the end, at least for me anyway. I know some might argue with that but "Butterfly" and "Light Years" are strong enough tracks in their own right to have brought further sales for the album.

X

The One
    Speakerphone
    Like a Drug
    In My Arms

Aphrodite

All the Lovers
    Get Outta My Way
    Put Your Hands Up
    Cupid Boy

Erotica

Erotica
    Waiting
    Rain
    Deeper and Deeper
    Thief of Hearts
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewis - Spirit

1. Bleeding Love
    2. Better In Time
    3. Take A Bow/Best You Never Had (one or both of these songs were screaming for a singles releaase in my opinion.
    4. Forgive Me
    5. Run
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Your alternative single release strategies.

Don't release singles. It worked for Led Zeppelin :p