Eurovision song is AWFUL

DavinaUmbridgeDavinaUmbridge Posts: 525
Forum Member
✭✭
What te he'll are the BBC upto? I thought we were on the right track after last year what a massive backstep we've taken. Awful awful song Why get pete waterman to right it he's stuck in the 80's

Comments

• Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    its cheesy europop i prefer Jades song last year
  • DavinaUmbridgeDavinaUmbridge Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am actually gutted how bad the song is
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Oh wow, choosing between those three is going to be really, really tough...... they're all equally bad. The song's not helping either.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about you, but it sounds good to me!

;):p:D
    Forum Member
    imagine the performance? :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I don't know about you, but it sounds good to me!

;):p:D

Yup- the winning British entry in the Eurovision Irony Contest :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    What's it called?
    Forum Member
    What's it called?

crapness :D:o
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC is really pissing me off with this.

It's very simple - Europe loves British music - they just don't love the cheap crap we put into Eurovision.

They expect to see Leona Lewis, JLS, Cheryl Cole, Mika, Lily Allen and they get this crap - is it any wonder they think we are taking the piss?

The BBC has to scrap the competition and just let an established artist do it. They WILL do it, but not if they have to go through a selection process. If the BBC gives them it, they will do it.

Morrisey agreed to do it, but wouldn't do Making Your Mind Up.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I slagged off ALW's song last year but that was grammy worthy in comparison to this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cent wrote: »
    The BBC is really pissing me off with this.

It's very simple - Europe loves British music - they just don't love the cheap crap we put into Eurovision.

They expect to see Leona Lewis, JLS, Cheryl Cole, Mika, Lily Allen and they get this crap - is it any wonder they think we are taking the piss?

The BBC has to scrap the competition and just let an established artist do it. They WILL do it, but not if they have to go through a selection process. If the BBC gives them it, they will do it.

Morrisey agreed to do it, but wouldn't do Making Your Mind Up.

I totally agree. Lately songs that have been winning have been a bit different to the Eurovision norm.

There are SO many good song writers. Many undiscovered writers songs would be better than this year's song. I think it's about time the UK gets edgy.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the song is total rubbish and deserves to come last. Its written in the old Eurovision formula style which any of the recent winning songs abandoned years ago.

And what happened to giving the voters a choice of songs? Whats the point in voting for a singer when the song is crap.

BBC let the voters decide from six songs like before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I think it's a great tune & song and superbly sung by Josh. I enjoyed it and the show so much I thought I'd look in here to see how much everyone else enjoyed it.

Seems I am wasting my time.

Oh well, no pleasing some (most) people.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dejavue wrote: »
    I totally agree. Lately songs that have been winning have been a bit different to the Eurovision norm.

There are SO many good song writers. Many undiscovered writers songs would be better than this year's song. I think it's about time the UK gets edgy.

That's very true, but I just think they wouldn't want to lower themselves to the level of Eurovision.
  • PoshTigressPoshTigress Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    Radio Kaos wrote: »
    I think it's a great tune & song and superbly sung by Josh. I enjoyed it and the show so much I thought I'd look in here to see how much everyone else enjoyed it.

Seems I am wasting my time.

Oh well, no pleasing some (most) people.

I also think it's a great song. Should do well.
  • DavinaUmbridgeDavinaUmbridge Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denmarks entry is far superior
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    i agree with the OP the song is AWFUL. last year jade gave an outstounding performance, with a good song. we actually got top points from several countries!i thought it was the start of things to come... clearly not!
    what i dont understand is WHY pete waterman?? what hit has he had in the past decade?? hes lagging behind in the 80s, i just found the whole thing bizarre.
    Forum Member
    UK won it once and came 2nd twice in the 80's maybe that's the idea.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Radio Kaos wrote: »
    UK won it in the 80's maybe that's the idea.

Once - and that involved taking skirts off.
    Forum Member
    Maybe Josh could whip his trousers off.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to taking Eurovision seriously?! We did incredibly well last year compared to usual and what do they do, write a song that is incredibly outdated and definitely below average! It makes ANY song in the charts right now sound like they could win. I admittedly complained a little about last years song as I thought the words weren't good enough but I loved the music and this song makes that one sound like the best song I've ever heard in my life.

What a backstep. If we win Eurovision with this then I might just kill myself.

Seriously though, by having last years winner on the show it showed how big a difference there is between them. I honestly think you only have to listen to Norway's winners opening and you already know how great a Eurovision song it is. After listening to this one 4 times I actually can't recall how it sounded, so maybe everything I just said was a load of rubbish...
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Them three Judges were a joke fullstop! That lass who sang Donna Summer's song was out of tune in parts of the song, and yet, Pete Waterman claimed she was fantastic! Is he still working in the music industry, I wonder? They both sounded like they were singing karaoke! Oh, well — another year of failing to win the Eurovision — what a surprise.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    i agree with the OP the song is AWFUL. last year jade gave an outstounding performance, with a good song. we actually got top points from several countries!i thought it was the start of things to come... clearly not!
    what i dont understand is WHY pete waterman?? what hit has he had in the past decade?? hes lagging behind in the 80s, i just found the whole thing bizarre.

I thought we'd seen the last of him until he popped up on the Alan Tichmarsh show (I don't even watch it, I was just flicking over for the news) and now he's on this. I just find him really cheesy and awful but I'm not exactly a fan of judges. Don't get me started on Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan!
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you think the UK song is bad, watch the Dutch entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4t3bUPYJm8

It's called Shalalie, Shalala. Brought to the unsuspecting world by the man that gave us The Smurf Song.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    Well, if you think the UK song is bad, watch the Dutch entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4t3bUPYJm8

It's called Shalalie, Shalala. Brought to the unsuspecting world by the man that gave us The Smurf Song.

Ah, but the thing is, the Dutch are probably in one of these countries who have 'neighbours' voting for them. It is baffling how countries with unbearable songs manage to make it to the high spots in this competition. 'Friendly neighbours' is the only possible solution I can come up with.