Options

The Eastern European invasion.What do you think of it?.

U96U96 Posts: 13,937
Forum Member
✭✭
Poles,Slovaks,Lithuanians etc.
You can't help but notice they're everywhere in the UK.
Are you happy about it?.Or sad?.Or just concerned?.

Comments

• Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't bother me and I refuse to get all outraged about it just because the DM loves scaremongering.

The migrant population mostly do all the shit jobs nobody else wants to do anyway.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I've got loads of friends from Eastern Europe so I'm pretty happy with it. They are all good people just making a life for themselves, same as the rest of us really, but with better sausages.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    None where i live.
    Are you happy about it?
    Perfectly.
    Thank God for those who escaped to come here in ww2 as well otherwise we'd have all been speaking German by now.
    Or sad?.Or just concerned?.
    Not at all.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They clean cars very well, so I am not fussed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me and I refuse to get all outraged about it just because the DM loves scaremongering.

The migrant population mostly do all the shit jobs nobody else wants to do anyway.

That used to be the case about 10 years ago.It still applies to seasonal fruit picking work I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must be as well if you've noticed it.

Are you a travelling salesman or just a traveller?
  • Options
    mike joycemike joyce Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People always go on about them being great workers but they are actually very lazy. They are just good timekeepers.

I worked with quite alot of Poles and Slovakians a couple of years ago and found them to be rude towards British people, always complaining about how they don't like the country. Most also don't try and make an effort to speak english and just talked amongst themselves in their own language even if you were with them. The women were also very up themselves and only ever talked to a British person if you talked to them, they never used to start a conversation with a British person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike joyce wrote: »
    People always go on about them being great workers but they are actually very lazy. They are just good timekeepers.

I worked with quite alot of Poles and Slovakians a couple of years ago and found them to be rude towards British people, always complaining about how they don't like the country. Most also don't try and make an effort to speak english and just talked amongst themselves in their own language even if you were with them. The women were also very up themselves and only ever talked to a British person if you talked to them, they never used to start a conversation with a British person.

I disagree about the women, I have met some really lovely Eastern European women, really friendly, talkative and very pretty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    I've got loads of friends from Eastern Europe so I'm pretty happy with it. They are all good people just making a life for themselves, same as the rest of us really, but with better sausages.

I agree with the 'better life' comment.Would you be as happy if they applied for your job at a lesser rate of pay,and got it?.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BNP, has announced plans to take over call centres in the UK.

"Good morning , you're through to the United Kingdom.
    Press 1 if you speak English, or press 2 to be disconnected until you f***ing well can!"
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Umm... I thought you were announcing the outbreak of war and was like OMG, what's gone down!?!?!

But its a "they took our jooooooobs" thread isn't it?

There aren't really any in the village I live and I don't hear them often in the town (accents like)... That's Stamford btw. I don't think they have arrived there yet. Not seen any tanks either so, again, pretty safe.

I'll be sure to let everyone north or south of where you are know that they are coming!

I believe they are in the towns surrounding us though, so maybe we need to build a moat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    None where i live.

Perfectly.
    Thank God for those who escaped to come here in ww2 as well otherwise we'd have all been speaking German by now.

Not at all.

I work with these people Bulletguy.I have to say.I find the Slovakians a right bunch of wierdos.Totally different to the Czechs,Poles etc.
    And they seem to think you can bribe the gaffer to get overtime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really?

Are Englishmen beer-bellied pint-swilling oafs who beat their wives up every Friday night too?

I do love a sweeping generalisation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They clean cars very well, so I am not fussed.

Once the Ukranians get in they'll not be happy about being undercut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree about the women, I have met some really lovely Eastern European women, really friendly, talkative and very pretty.

I don't agree. I have never comes across a Polish/Slovkian woman who has a British partner. Ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must be as well if you've noticed it.

Are you a travelling salesman or just a traveller?

No,i just follow the news.:)
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »

Yah right we would if not for them, sure they helped but they didn't win the war for us - they were seeking revenge on Germany.

Back to topic, I wouldn't normally have a problem but IMO they are purposely being exploited to bring down wages for the masses.

First of all we had Poles working for low wages and now we're getting people from poorer EE countries working for less than them which in return are putting Poles out of work and who's picking up the tab for their unemployment/housing benefits, the British tax payers while the employers and landlords are raking it in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree. I have never comes across a Polish/Slovkian woman who has a British partner. Ever.

Oh I have come across several. I used to date a beautiful Polish girl myself for a while.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do love a sweeping generalisation.

well they do make good cleaners ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once the Ukranians get in they'll not be happy about being undercut.

How long will that be? As long as they do a good job too I will be happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they've only ever met ones like you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work with these people Bulletguy.I have to say.I find the Slovakians a right bunch of wierdos.Totally different to the Czechs,Poles etc.
    And they seem to think you can bribe the gaffer to get overtime.

Slovakians are quite reserved and quiet compared to the poles. They were still quite rude but not as bad as the Polish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are 100% correct Mike.They are only here for one thing.Money.Nothing else.
    I spoke to a Czech guy just as the Poles started arriving here.He told me all about how they only think of money and nothing else.He was dead right.They are fixated by cash (by any means).
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spend a lot of time touring East European countries and Polish girls are simply staggeringly gorgeous.

My favoured way of 'viewing' is sitting outside one of the many Coffee bars and last year i was just having a few espresso's and smokes when this girl walked past and nearly gave me a bloody heart do.

DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!! :o:o

Funny part was a couple of Polish lads sitting on the next table noticed me salivating and had a good laugh. Turned out they were locals and told me they are used to seeing girls like her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No,i just follow the news.:)
    You read the local papers and watch local news bulletins from every part of this country?

Amazing.