Forum Member
✭✭
I have.

Have you?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Yep. They don't know though, which is amazing when you consider I stand outside their bedroom window most nights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    :oYou can't just leave it at that FGS. We want all the details!;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Vosne and Never Nude from here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Yep. They don't know though, which is amazing when you consider I stand outside their bedroom window most nights.

Is that you...want to come in for a coffee :)

Never mind I just read what you had in your wallet. :):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    No. :::
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww so glad things are still going well for you both, Joe! If you make it down the aisle then me and Saints wanna be bridesmaids - he'd look wonderful in a dress! :p:D
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is one that I adore , don't know a lot about her but I do love to read her posts in detail and imagine what she may be like if I met her say in a restaurant/pub.

She would probably be a massive disappointment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    There is one that I adore , don't know a lot about her but I do love to read her posts in detail and imagine what she may be like if I met her say in a restaurant/pub.

Ooooh is she on here or another forum? Why do you think she'd be a massive disappointment? You mean physically or her personality?
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »

..and you wouldnt? ;-)
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found love long before I got on the internet! So who was it OP? Someone from here?
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Vosne and Never Nude from here.

Menage et trois? Nice one! 👦👱👵
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a word, no. I don't believe you can though, its names on a screen and text.

I think if you talk to someone personally online for long enough then you can probably get a feel for whether you might be compatible but a connection online doesn't automatically equate to one offline.

Extending from that, I think you can "fall in love" with the personality of someone online, but a lot of that will be built on a perception or vision of the person in your mind, and with that you risk building them into something they are not, hence why people are so often disapointed, because they have created a fantasy person in their minds which may not be how they actually are.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought we had something, then you dumped me. <\3

So, no. :cry:

:D

Congratulations ma bruvvva from anuvva muvva!🎊🎉🎈
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Hi joe *waves* :)

I thought I had once but when we met up the spark wasn't there for me, he adored me though and we have been good friends for almost 10 years now.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It certainly wasn't "love", but I did meet the "ex" (or the 'one and only' :)) in the old freeserve chatrooms back when I was normal :D
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was in usercp under profile settings.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »

I think if you talk to someone personally online for long enough then you can probably get a feel for whether you might be compatible but a connection online doesn't automatically equate to one offline.

Extending from that, I think you can "fall in love" with the personality of someone online, but a lot of that will be built on a perception or vision of the person in your mind, and with that you risk building them into something they are not, hence why people are so often disapointed, because they have created a fantasy person in their minds which may not be how they actually are.

Too right. Without smellyvision I was entirely unaware of the foulness of Never Nudes voluminous flatulence :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course you can. It goes way beyond being names on a screen if you get to know someone online. Yes of course there's the risk they aren't the person they say they are, but you run that risk in "normal" life too. Anyone in life can have a mountain of secrets about them that they keep from a new partner. If two people fall for each other online, they're not likely to spend the rest of their days just communicating on the internet (unless they live on opposite sides of the world of course!). They're very likely to take the next step of talking on the phone (or Skype of course :p) and then meeting up. I'm not suggesting that anyone who meets up from a forum is doing it for romantic reasons, because people do meet up for a variety of other reasons ie they live near each other or share a hobby, or even just out of politeness, but when two people both know there is something more between them of course they will choose to contact each other in other ways and then meet up to see how it goes. And there are people who met on DS who have gone on to marry so it does very much happen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    I found love long before I got on the internet! So who was it OP? Someone from here?

I'm gonna be cheeky and answer for the OP because I don't think he's on DS much these days, but yes she's from here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Of course you can. It goes way beyond being names on a screen if you get to know someone online. Yes of course there's the risk they aren't the person they say they are, but you run that risk in "normal" life too. Anyone in life can have a mountain of secrets about them that they keep from a new partner. If two people fall for each other online, they're not likely to spend the rest of their days just communicating on the internet (unless they live on opposite sides of the world of course!). They're very likely to take the next step of talking on the phone (or Skype of course :p) and then meeting up. I'm not suggesting that anyone who meets up from a forum is doing it for romantic reasons, because people do meet up for a variety of other reasons ie they live near each other or share a hobby, or even just out of politeness, but when two people both know there is something more between them of course they will choose to contact each other in other ways and then meet up to see how it goes. And there are people who met on DS who have gone on to marry so it does very much happen!

OK, I phrased badly and I agree they can, what I should have said is that I see it as a minefield and unlikely, especially with words that imply really strong emotions, because what you see or perceive on screen may not translate in the real world. I wasn't talking about lying, I was talking about how people "fill in the gaps".

I've heard a lot of people who have met someone from the Internet (who were perfectly normal) say that the connection that existed online didn't exist in person. That's what I meant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »
    Too right. Without smellyvision I was entirely unaware of the foulness of Never Nudes voluminous flatulence :cry:

Lol :D poor never :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, I phrased badly and I agree they can, what I should have said is that I see it as a minefield and unlikely, especially with words that imply really strong emotions, because what you see or perceive on screen may not translate in the real world. I wasn't talking about lying, I was talking about how people "fill in the gaps".

I've heard a lot of people who have met someone from the Internet (who were perfectly normal) say that the connection that existed online didn't exist in person. That's what I meant.

Ok, I see what you mean. But there are many, many success stories so it does happen a lot! It's no different to "real" life in that way - some will end very quickly, some will last quite a while, even years, and others will last a lifetime. Though obviously the internet has only been around a few years so there wont be any couples yet who met online that have gone on to last a lifetime - unless they died young I suppose, but by lifetime I mean reaching old age together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have felt I am good friends with people on the internet, But meeting them in the flesh was totally strange as they were not as I perceived them sure after the awkwardness we became good friends in real life too but it was like starting from zero.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love every single member on this forum. I want to meet them and touch their ears.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    I love every single member on this forum. I want to meet them and touch their ears.

^_^

:blush: